Change back to XenForo Style

It's not great. Ads are especially heinous now.
I can say that at least hasn't been an issue for me. Just the look being painful on the eyes. :(

I don't like the new SHH forum theme. I had the light blue one from before and liked that so much better. It was much easier on the eyes and didn't feel cramped due to all the navigation bars and ad space.

I miss it, too. A lot. :(

I don't like the new SHH forum theme. I had the light blue one from before and liked that so much better. It was much easier on the eyes and didn't feel cramped due to all the navigation bars and ad space.
It’s not new. The rest of us have been on this thing for like 5 years. Y’all just being drama queens over here because you didn’t change with the times the first time. :oldrazz:

As for ads, uBlock is a godsend.

It’s not new. The rest of us have been on this thing for like 5 years. Y’all just being drama queens over here because you didn’t change with the times the first time. :oldrazz:

As for ads, uBlock is a godsend.
We didn't change because the new design was awful when it was first introduced and still is. That's why so many opted to keep the old design as long as possible. It would have been nice having some warning that it was going away.

Last edited:
We didn't change because the new design was awful when it was first introduced and still is. That's why so many opted to keep the old design as long as possible. It would have been nice having some warning that it was going away.
Warning would be nice, butt unfortunately we didn't know it was happening 'til after it happened.

And like I said, drama queens. ;)

I wondered why the board suddenly reverted to the old design. This is awful.

If they're updating, I hope it's soon so we can go back to having something halfway readable.

I wondered why the board suddenly reverted to the old design. This is awful.

If they're updating, I hope it's soon so we can go back to having something halfway readable.
I've been hoping this for a while. Hasn't happened yet. :(

So at this point are we assuming it's gone for good?

There is some site maintenance going on next week so maybe we will get some improvements.

Please don't crash the board. :waa:

I can't tell you how much less red I want all of this to be. Jesus Christ.

Site's still buggy in Firefox for me.

EDIT: The other thread helped me out - it was my ad blocker causing it.

Last edited:
Okay.

Btw, I've noticed that sometimes my sig appears and sometimes not, even on this thread.
Well that appears to be the case.

In one of your posts in this page, your signature appears. Then in another post, the one I'm quoting, doesn't showcase your signature.

Welp. It seems with the new style that a workaround I had for an issue with ads previously addressed in the "CC vs Ads" thread no longer functions. With the new style the adblocker is now causing the website to no longer allow scrolling down any pages so I'll have to turn it off, which means I now once again have to go through confirming my choices with regards to storing data and sharing with partners on every single new page or page refresh once again...
I have the same issue.
Every single page I have to again confirm my choices with regards to storing data and sharing with partners. That means that if I want to read the last two pages of a thread in the Marvel films subformum I have to click twice to confirm on the main page, again twice when I go to the Marvel films subforum, again twice when I go to the thread and again twice when I go to the next page in the thread. And everytime I want to view an additional page of thread I have a minimum of two additional clicks before I can continue.
Would very much like to get rid of this.

Actually I think I may have just finally figured out how to block it on Firefox using an adblocker to specifically block every element of the privacy settings pop-up and the overlay (wish I had figured that out sooner). That means that the issue with having to manually close it on every page should be resolved.

Only issue is now that it'll still have me tracked by Facebook and I still can't turn that off. I'll see if I can fix that by getting rid of cookies and cache and stuff for this website. Hopefully that works and it won't permanently turn on all tracking or something like that...

If you still want to look into it further (because it's still not supposed to work this way and may be an issue for other users or a deterrent for new users to come in), I'll still answer your questions.
I was using Firefox and only use the site on PC, but I get the same thing in other browsers like Chrome and Edge, both on PC and mobile. This is an issue specific to people in the EU, I think.

EDIT: Clearing cookies and cache does seem to have fixed the issue of the tracking consent staying on at all times.

I see I have no folders now. Are they gone for good, or are they coming back?

ETA Just posted on the 'What was the last movie you watched' thread and my sig displayed. On this post, nothing. Weird.

I see I have no folders now. Are they gone for good, or are they coming back?

ETA Just posted on the 'What was the last movie you watched' thread and my sig displayed. On this post, nothing. Weird.
What is a Folder feature?

What is a Folder feature?
On your 'Watched threads' page you could create folders. For example, one could be headed 'DCU', one could be headed 'MCU'. So you could keep all the threads you were watching in relation to each of those subjects in one place. They'd still show up on your general list of watched threads too, but having the folders in addition was useful for ease of finding a particular thread (especially if you were watching a lot of threads).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"