The Mandalorian Chapter 20 Spoiler Discussion

There's just not a huge hook for the GA anymore, honestly. At this point even I don't know where this is supposed to be going.
This is why I do not understand why they brought Grogurt home so quick. There is your hook. Grogurt with Luke, as Joel does his thing with the Mandos.

It's so weird. There was so much momentum at the end of 2020. But everything feels like it's come to a halt. They setup Thrawn, Ahsoka, and the rest of the Rebels crew. But after 11 episodes in the Mandoverse, nothing has really progressed at all. They even reverted back to status quo with Grogurt and Joel.

Also The Acolyte will finish shooting before that so it will probably come out first. That means mid to late 2024 for Andor Season 2.

How does Bo-Katan not know any of these people? She was Pre Vizsla's right hand. She didn't twitch at all after hearing Pre Vizsla's name.

Nothing smells right about any of this. Death Watch, Children of the Watch, the Armorer, etc.

Think about this. Din Djarin was born on Concordia. Concordia is where Death Watch came from and started their coup against Satine. The Separatists were their ALLIES.

Paz Vizsla.

This show has a cult from a warrior race, and they seem incapable of doing anything with them, outside of showing them as having a longwinded leader and them being completely terrible at the whole being warriors thing.
I'm assuming that they are literally the Children of the Watch. As in, the adults of Death Watch knew that an overwhelming attack was coming, and said to their kids "Go! Hide! Don't show your faces!". The kids followed that instruction, and kept following it as they grew up, and they knew that they had a heritage of brave warrior stuff to live up to, but they didn't have anyone to teach them what that was or how to do it, so they ended up proving their fearlessness by taunting sea monsters and dragons.

I'm assuming that they are literally the Children of the Watch. As in, the adults of Death Watch knew that an overwhelming attack was coming, and said to their kids "Go! Hide! Don't show your faces!". The kids followed that instruction, and kept following it as they grew up, and they knew that they had a heritage of brave warrior stuff to live up to, but they didn't have anyone to teach them what that was or how to do it, so they ended up proving their fearlessness by taunting sea monsters and dragons.

Yeah, the training sequence showed that many of them need that training.

Are people ready for the appearance of Jar Jar? Because he definitely sent that Naboo ship.

And Bo-katan embracing the Children of the Watch feels like character assassination.
Bo-Katan hasn't really had to choose yet whether her core beliefs are compatible with the group's. I'm sure that moment will happen, but for now even though she thinks the Children of the Watch are kind of weird, Bo has nowhere else to go and nothing else to do, and rescuing a child is a good thing to do in anyone's book.

Are people ready for the appearance of Jar Jar? Because he definitely sent that Naboo ship.
In all seriousness, I really like the Darth Jar Jar idea, and so I hope that this was an apprentice recruitment mission

Can't wait for it.
It would be unreal if we see Ahmed (Kelleran Beq) pass off Grogu to Ahmed (Binks.:cwink:

Last edited:
We're halfway through a third season. You'd think by now there'd be some kind of understanding of this cult's belief systems and ideals, and yet we're still so focused on the helmet thing.

I was kind of expecting this season to start really delving into all this stuff. Maybe it will, but I feel as if we've only gotten one and a half episodes worth of content thus far. I wasn't a huge fan of season 2, but at the very least it had a clear sense of direction as to where it was going. This feels so rudderless, and a lot of the potential from the ending of season 2 isn't being explored passed the very very surface.

We're halfway through a third season. You'd think by now there'd be some kind of understanding of this cult's belief systems and ideals, and yet we're still so focused on the helmet thing.

I was kind of expecting this season to start really delving into all this stuff. Maybe it will, but I feel as if we've only gotten one and a half episodes worth of content thus far. I wasn't a huge fan of season 2, but at the very least it had a clear sense of direction as to where it was going. This feels so rudderless, and a lot of the potential from the ending of season 2 isn't being explored passed the very very surface.

I think Bo Katan will show to the Armorer how much she actually knows about the creed, the old ways and Mandalorian lore and that it will lead to changes in their ways. I am sticking to Bo Katan encouraging them to remove their helmets in the presence of other Mandalorians in some way or another but I am ruling out it being forced by her. For now.

There have been some rumors of other factions of Mandalorian may be showing up, so we will see. I'm not writing the show off. I just have concerns.

Also, bring back Koska Reeves.

I mean, I'm sure the show will deliver some big stuff in the last 2 or 3 episodes. I fully expect at least one or two characters from the cartoons to show up, and I will probably get hyped about that. But the episodes leading up to those don't need to feel like such a waste, either.

I mean, I'm sure the show will deliver some big stuff in the last 2 or 3 episodes. I fully expect at least one or two characters from the cartoons to show up, and I will probably get hyped about that. But the episodes leading up to those don't need to feel like such a waste, either.
Yeah. I'll lose my mind when I see Sabine's armor for the first time in live action. I am a fan after all. But that doesn't change how weak the first half of this season has been. And it isn't like these seasons are long. 8 episodes really shouldn't see you wasting anytime.

Mando has never been a great show. But it has been a good, and at times, a really good show. So while it was Star Wars that brought me to the dance, it wasn't the only reason I was watching it. Right now, I feel like I'm watching it because it's Star Wars, and that's it.

I thought this was one of the better episodes in the whole series...I see the crumbs that are being delivered...

I'm noticing in a lot of media lately fans are having very polar opposite reactions to things that were either majorly good or bad to them. Odd atmosphere I'm picking up on..but then again look at current society.

I thought this was one of the better episodes in the whole series...I see the crumbs that are being delivered...

I'm noticing in a lot of media lately fans are having very polar opposite reactions to things that were either majorly good or bad to them. Odd atmosphere I'm picking up on..but then again look at current society.
It ain't that deep. It's how it's always been, because different people like different things. Any Star Wars fan who lived through the prequels and read message boards can tell you this.

Everyone is just so damn negative lately, in every facet
Even here where people are mostly supportive of anything sci-fi and superhero related, its like a non-stop hate-fest for the past while. Feels like I can count on one hand the positive posts I've seen on the Hype over the last couple months (outside of Last of Us, I guess, but we'll see how that goes next season lol).

Was anything in this episode ground-breaking? No, but it, and the season as a whole has been fun imo. I feel like people need to chill, smoke some f*kin weed and maybe they'll start enjoying life again. Idk, hot take, I guess.

I've been enjoying this season, but it has felt off to me compared to the last two, and I think it's largely to do with Grogu being back with Din before the season even started, and them making it clear that IG will be back, it feels like the stakes have been removed from the overall story in favor of maintaning status quo. Them not addressing the horned helmet in the room is also annoying, we do have more episodes to go so it could come up, but it's weird to me that Bo hasn't said anything about it.

Everyone is just so damn negative lately, in every facet
Even here where people are mostly supportive of anything sci-fi and superhero related, its like a non-stop hate-fest for the past while. Feels like I can count on one hand the positive posts I've seen on the Hype over the last couple months (outside of Last of Us, I guess, but we'll see how that goes next season lol).

Was anything in this episode ground-breaking? No, but it, and the season as a whole has been fun imo. I feel like people need to chill, smoke some f*kin weed and maybe they'll start enjoying life again. Idk, hot take, I guess.
Supporting sci-fi and superhero related stuff, doesn't mean you need to support it blindly. Those of us not high on this season really didn't start reacting until this week, and it's because it's been a sustained issue over a half a season. This episode was a kind of blah and overall stupid, that I'm now frustrated with the wasted potential of the episodes, characters, and season so far. Considering the early ratings so far, I don't think this is limited to just us.

As for "negativity". There is plenty of positive talk on the Hype. John Wick 4 and D&D are two relevant flicks at the moment, and there is nothing but positivity in those threads. Also while Bad Batch s2 hasn't gone over as well as s1, still pretty positive talk in general.

What I'm confused about, didn't Bo-Katan basically spearhead this group? She was a part of Death Watch. She worked alongside Paz Vizsla. Paz's relatives are in this group.

How does she know nothing about them? Why is she not talking to Paz about Pre at all?

I feel like they are taking too long to address these connections.

Also, this week's episode was LESS THAN 30 MINUTES. They could've spent like 10 minutes this episode fleshing out the relationship of Death Watch and Children of the Watch here, Pre Vizsla and his connections with Bo-Katan, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"