The Mandalorian Chapter 22 Spoiler Thread

A reminder to everyone in this thread, in the series' best episode, Din got his ass handed to him by Jawas:
907b6299cd0ce02d44e7d2ec4164eb0ec9e15640.gif

He is a fallible Indiana Jones-style everyman hero.

This episode was a fever dream. Jack Black? Lizzo? Christopher Lloyd? Captain Rex the First? At first glance I did think that JB and Lizzo were wildly distracting but then I remembered Star Wars isn't always about subtlety.
Seems super-obvious now but I didn’t realise I was watching Jack Black at the time. :beaming:

Listen... I love Jack Black, Lizzo, and Christopher Lloyd but what the f*** was this episode? It was like Disney wanted to make an episode to promote the EPCOT center and have celebrities as guest stars. Truly my least favorite directed episode by Bryce Dallas Howard. The writing felt like a lost episode from a 90s sitcom, it just needed a fake studio audience applause.

The whole time I was thinking "Man when is Andor coming back?"

Last edited:
The cameos were definitely odd and immersion-breaking

And yet, I still mostly liked the episode
JB and Lizzo I thought did a solid job, even if it felt like they were Taika Waititi characters dropped into Star Wars
Christopher Lloyd did his thing and it was... fine

My biggest gripe was that the whole droid plot felt like it got wrapped up far too easily and cleanly
And then Mando just being like "I read some comments online that said the saber was Bo's via the transitive property" felt pretty lazy.

Between that and Grogu's training being handled ever so briefly on BoBF, It really seems like they presented some interesting setups in the season 2 finale, and then had no interest in following up on them

edit: My Post contains a purposeful spelling error that has seemingly been corrected automatically by the site, since when is that a thing?

All these cameos went over my head so didn’t undermine my enjoyment. There did seem to be a couple of treading water scenes in there with those characters but they didn’t otherwise put me off.

The cameos were definitely odd and immersion-breaking

And yet, I still mostly liked the episode
JB and Lizzo I thought did a solid job, even if it felt like they were Taika Waititi characters dropped into Star Wars
Christopher Lloyd did his thing and it was... fine

My biggest gripe was that the whole droid plot felt like it got wrapped up far too easily and cleanly
And then Mando just being like "I read some comments online that said the sabre was Bo's via the transitive property" felt pretty lazy.

Between that and Grogu's training being handled ever so briefly on BoBF, It really seems like they presented some interesting setups in the season 2 finale, and then had no interest in following up on them

edit: My Post contains a purposeful spelling error that has seemingly been corrected automatically by the site, since when is that a thing?
Agree with those points. There should have been a setback or complication to the droid plot, it was too straightforward.

If you’re talking sab er, the Hype has had a weird problem with that for years.

Agree with those points. There should have been a setback or complication to the droid plot, it was too straightforward.

hmm, that's rather odd

The one thing set has been bad at this year is keeping Mano's visor glass clean and his neck sleeve up, the brown part sadly has been falling down and exposing the black stunt turtleneck/wrap underneath.

Lol yeah I noticed the smudges on his visor last night
I was like "can somebody get this dude a microfiber cloth please"

mando has lost the Way. Never truly vibe the show as much as others but s3 has been dire tbh. Just aimless and imo the quest of the week idea doesnt work in a 8 episode season.

hmm, that's rather odd
When this site was transfered to the new style, the initial setup was copied and tweaked from a sports board we share technical people with - wherein someone put in a feature to correct people spelling the Buffalo Sabres wrong and it seems to be buried somewhere in here now.

When this site was transfered to the new style, the initial setup was copied and tweaked from a sports board we share technical people with - wherein someone put in a feature to correct people spelling the Buffalo Sabres wrong and it seems to be buried somewhere in here now.

Also, I’ve noticed all user posts’ history prior to around Monday isn’t showing up at all. Was there some sort of reset or offloading of data?

Thanks for the info, a more interesting reason than I expected!

Also, I’ve noticed all user posts’ history prior to around Monday isn’t showing up at all. Was there some sort of reset or offloading of data?
That’s being looked at now.

There appears to be some kind of unknown problem with the search feature at the moment, which seems to extend to the post histories as well. According to ComicChick in the Tech & Support section, it's been reported to the technical people so hopefully they'll get back to us soon.

Listen... I love Jack Black, Lizzo, and Christopher Lloyd but what the f*** was this episode? It was like Disney wanted to make an episode to promote the EPCOT center and have celebrities as guest stars. Truly my least favorite directed episode by Bryce Dallas Howard. The writing felt like a lost episode from a 90s sitcom, it just needed a fake studio audience applause.

The whole time I was thinking "Man when is Andor coming back?"

Yeah this is the second episode this season I give a thumbs down to.

There appears to be some kind of unknown problem with the search feature at the moment, which seems to extend to the post histories as well. According to ComicChick in the Tech & Support section, it's been reported to the technical people so hopefully they'll get back to us soon.
So THAT'S the reason why nothing showed up when I searched for any Shrek thread the other day to post the news that Shrek 5 was officially greenlit. I thought I was going crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"