The Mandalorian Chapter 22 Spoiler Thread

See, I love the episodic nature... and greater SW galaxy adventures.

BUT - that should warrant longer seasons.

8 is enough for a tight simple story, yet not long enough for rad tangents and fun side quests.
Good point that. This stuff and some of the prior episode stuff is fun, but time is now ticking till the end of the season and it was slow going on the overall narrative front early on.

I’m all for these one off adventures within the context that they’re done sparingly throughout the entire season, but the pacing so far has been awful. This episode was the cherry on top.

I’m all for these one off adventures within the context that they’re done sparingly throughout the entire season, but the pacing so far has been awful. This episode was the cherry on top.
I think having the Mando stuff that was in Boba Fett would have helped at the start of this season. That move has upset the pacing and structure of both shows.

Looking back on the episode, I thought Din kicking the super battle droids to see which one was faulty was hilarious. Dude gave zero f**** :funny:
Serious provocation lol. Couldn't blame them if they all just gave up and beat the **** out of him. Bo wasn't impressed with his strategy. :tearsofjoy:

So, this episode was definitely…something. :hehe:

As a standalone, one-off episode of Star Wars? I had a real blast with this episode.

As something is supposed to be part of an ongoing arc? Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, loved all of the stuff that we go with Jack Black, Lizzo, Christopher Lloyd and all of the droid side of things. Loved the Blade Runner-esque buddy cop side plot. This also has some of the best cinematography of the season and the line delivery felt a lot more natural. I’m so glad that we’re getting even more progression with the Mandalorian side of things. Bo-Katan continues to be awesome. Loved the alien romance bit that we got at the beginning of the episode, as well.

On the other hand, this episode should’ve happened way earlier in the season. Also, not a fan of Din’s regression in regards to his droid prejudice. Just another example of how weirdly they’ve handled his arc this season. Grogu continues to not do anything and add anything to the story at all. Feels more like a pet/prop then an actual character at this point.

This show simultaneously feels like it wants to progress forward but also wants to maintain the status quo with its main characters, and feels at odds with itself. It’s making me feel really conflicted about how I feel about the show. I can’t decide whether to really enjoy it or scratch my head at some of its storytelling decisions.

I’m still really convinced the cancellation of the Rangers of the New Republic series really had a rippling, negative affect on this show. I feel like they still wanted to use a lot of the story ideas, but didn’t know how to keep them without creating an entirely new show without Gina Carano’s character, and just decided to integrate them into The Book of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian. As a result, it threw off a lot of the story progression of this show and forced the writers to have to haphazardly take back and/or rush certain established story decisions in order to make the other stuff work. The result is something that feels super Frankenstein’d together and kind of all over the place.

I really hope that this ends up sticking the landing and I feel much better about it going forward by the season finale. At this point, I am undecided about whether or not I want to stick with this show.

Really entertaining, though, seeing the breakdown of fans getting mad at their theories on the Darksaber getting completely squashed with this episode. All of the endless hours theorizing put to waste. Like, guys, if you were that angry over something as trivial as that, maybe you should’ve used that time more productively.

I really liked the 80's buddy cop, procedural stuff in this episode with Bo and Din because at least it felt like something different in this universe, but halfway through I kept wondering where all of this was going and by the end of it, I pretty much knew a lot of people were going to hate this episode.

Now, I mostly enjoyed the episode myself, but even I can't justify spending almost an entire episode on such a pointless, filler excuse of a subplot just to get to a rushed scene of Bo Katan claiming the Dark Sabre.

I liked seeing her old crew back, especially Sasha Banks being there but they could have easily brought them in much earlier in the episode instead of just showing them in the very beginning and at the very end.

Also, as much as I love Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd and have nothing against Lizzo their cameos felt so distracting and out of place and worst of all Christopher Lloyd was super wasted IMO.

I see a lot of people comparing their scenes to a SNL sketch and honestly, I can't blame them for that because once again the writing and the structure of this episode was just a huge mess all together.

Unfortunately, this was definitely not one of Bryce Dallas Howard's best episodes which is disappointing considering I loved the episode she gave us introducing Bo and her crew last season.

One new thing I'm going to try out at work from tomorrow is to say "I have spoken" each time I finish a point. :cool:

Honestly... they should have ended 'The Mandalorian" after 2. Let him do the little Boba Fett arc.

Then re-brand it as 'The Mandalorians' show. Simple name change and no one would be claiming the same faults considering the character.

Because, I'm more than happy that this has secretly become the Bo Katan show.

Fs9MuxQWcAACnHt

Hell, give us a show called 'The New Republic' and every 2-3 episodes are small arcs (ala Andor) of different planets/groups/people across the universe post-ROTJ.

I'd eat that up. We're getting that sort of this past season or so, but a certain section of the fanbase is frustrated because that is taking away from Mando/Grogu.

Honestly... they should have ended 'The Mandalorian" after 2. Let him do the little Boba Fett arc.

Then re-brand it as 'The Mandalorians' show. Simple name change and no one would be claiming the same faults considering the character.

Because, I'm more than happy that this has secretly become the Bo Katan show.

Fs9MuxQWcAACnHt

Hell, give us a show called 'The New Republic' and every 2-3 episodes are small arcs (ala Andor) of different planets/groups/people across the universe post-ROTJ.

I'd eat that up. We're getting that sort of this past season or so, but a certain section of the fanbase is frustrated because that is taking away from Mando/Grogu.
You might be on to something there. Maybe even some of Boba Fett could have been integrated into a Mandalorians show. I liked the non-Boba stuff in Boba Fett but you can't completely ignore the titular character of the show for that long. Having an overall blanket show with longer seasons could have stopped these particular complaints.

I was happy to see they brought back the salamander people, in even more colors.

Anyway, the episode seems to have really pissed off the right wing chuds, so round of applause to the creators for this one.

Honestly, I think a proper season 3 of Mando would have ended with the Pirate raid and the cult coming out of hiding. Din leading toward that with the rest of the Din episodes would have been a fine arc. But, since they aren't good at planning, with Filoni having his own **** to deal with, we get this little half season arc.

I had almost forgotten about that. Wow, I guess there's really nothing special about Din's character after all. Makes you wonder why Jon and Dave didn't just create a show about Bo Katan from the first place. Not only is she a better character in every way imaginable, but she also has better source material to choose from.

Din's character seems to only work when he's presented in small doses. Luckily for me, I still have the likes of Ahsoka to look forward to.
Your definition of what makes a character special feels like an early DBZ Vegeta.

Most disturbing Romeo and Juliet ever.

So much The Empire Strikes Back in this episode:
  • "I love you" / "I know"
  • City with a clean white Eloi upper level
  • Dark grimy Morlock lower level
  • Scoundrel-turned-administrator
  • Banquet where something is not right

I had always figured "I challenge you, one warrior to another" wasn't like a specific ritual phrase but just something Maul said since he loves being dramatic. So was completely thrown to see her say it exactly the same.
Someone says a thing, everyone thinks it sounds cool, now everyone is saying it. This is the way.

Your definition of what makes a character special feels like an early DBZ Vegeta.

Not true. I haven't said anything about Bo Katan being over 9,000 yet.:rky:

Still, I think what most fans can agree is that Din's narrative has gotten lost in the shuffle for Season 3. Plus, I hate how he regressed as a character by staying with his cult.

Mr. and Mrs. Magistrate remind me of Durin and Disa from The Rings of Power.

The scene with the corrupted interrogation/medical droid is right out of the New You scene from Logan's Run. Plus, there's a domed city with bubble cars in tubes. And a pair of Sandmen tracking down Runners.

Bo talking to the Cylon bartender was kind of neat.

The hell he was. Boba showed up on his show, and was more John Wick then Din ever was. :funny:

Characters don't have plot. The story does. Characters have arcs. Din has sadly been a pretty static character for the most part, outside of my boy Rick's episodes.

When did Din walk both sides of the Mandalorian way?

Yes, Din cares about the Mandalorians. Which is why he knows they need a capable leader. Bo is a vet, with far more leadership skills, combat experience, and understanding of Mandalorian culture then anyone else on this show. Well, outside of maybe the Armorer, but we don't know who she actually is. Are you unaware of who Bo Katan is? She helped take back Mandalore from Maul. She helped retake it from the Empire. What makes her less qualified then Din, who doesn't even know traditional Mando cuisine?

Amen. He's the lone wolf with a cub. That's what he was designed for. He ain't the leader of anything, and he ain't John Wick. That's not his role.

Uh, not 'til he's willing to operate helmetless like a non-fanatic.

The man was never the John Wick of Mandalorians.
A reminder to everyone in this thread, in the series' best episode, Din got his ass handed to him by Jawas:
907b6299cd0ce02d44e7d2ec4164eb0ec9e15640.gif

He is a fallible Indiana Jones-style everyman hero.

A reminder to everyone in this thread, in the series' best episode, Din got his ass handed to him by Jawas:
907b6299cd0ce02d44e7d2ec4164eb0ec9e15640.gif

He is a fallible Indiana Jones-style everyman hero.

I want this show back... seems like they're now just catering to the Clone Wars audience. If you're going that route, then actually show more of Bo Katan's history with the other Mandalorians, don't assume everyone knows. You can't expect your audience to watch everything, especially animation. I haven't watched the animated shows, so I don't feel any connection to the main Bo Katan plot.

Also Grogu is just there to be cute and to sell merchandise. Yeah that was always the point from the start, but now you could just take him out of the show and it wouldn't change a thing.

The last 5 minutes should have been the main plot of the episode. Everything before it was kind of dumb. Also, the guest star cameos kind of took me out of the whole thing.
I'm glad that this episode wasn't entirely a side quest, but the proud warrior culture tragedy arc is so somber and serious that I really needed this week's lighthearted adventure.

Also Grogu is just there to be cute and to sell merchandise.
Wellll, Grogu was maybe making the Jedi Mind Trick gesture at the end of the episode when the city's rulers were being so accommodating about letting Din and Bo go to the Mandalorians' base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"