Cheating and Achievements (Marvel Ultimate Alliance)

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used a cheat to boost up my characters after I beat the game so I could beat those training missions to get the Silver Surfer. I realized after beating them all that because I used that cheat that I couldn't get the Surfer achievement.

Now that they have released stuff with Hulk, Cyclops, does that cheat I used previously prohibit me from gaining the new achievements?

What stuff about the Hulk? And I don't think there is any way to get that achievement.

There's an extra 250 Achievement Points for MUA. From 1,000 to 1,250 points and I thought it was from some sort of downloadable content.

muaxj6.png

yes, unless you delete all your saves from that profile and start again you wont be able to get ANY achievments

So basically Joker, I just delete all my saves from my profile and just restart the game with the new characters?

Uh I would make sure on this, just because when I was done, I did the same thing, and leveled up all of my guys. I hadn't found all of the action figures yet, and I still got both of those achievements, after I had cheated, so just because it didn't work for Surfer doesn't mean it won't work for any of them.

Thanks for everyone for their help.

Well I went over my friends house with my portable memory unit but I erased the Marvel Games off it, and I just started playing and I got an achievement for playing co op for one level. So now I'm not sure.

I've heard so many different things:
Delete all your game saves, start at the beginning.
Play xbox live, do coop, have your friend save it, then have him host a game and resave that game on your erased hard drive.

I just don't want to play a new game with these new characters and not get the achievements.

I'll let everyone know since I'm guessing some people might find it interesting.

Erz, just out of curiousity, did you use the cheat to get all of the simulation discs? That might be why you didn't get the surfer one, just a thought.

I cheated and stopped getting any achievments...I didnt even get the throw x number of enemies off screen achivement...

Yah, when i went to gamefaqs it said on the top using cheats prevents any more achievements from being unlocked therefore i didn't cheat.. which made it kind of harder lol

I’ve got a bit of a love hate relationship with cheat codes, especially the really good ones like with the GTA series. I love to pick up some unlimited ammo or a chrome plated hummer (liberty city stories) but they always seem to screw with the memory.

Okay folks, a little bit of an update.

I deleted all my saves.

Then I deleted my gamertag profile. (Only do this if you have X-Box Live)

I recovered it using X-Box Live.

I played with my friend and got 2 co-op achievements and I already got 3 new achievements from the DLC.

So to sum up, I beat the game once, and technically to get all these achievements you have to beat the game a 2nd time anyways so it didn't bother me to erase my previous saves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"