Who do you think is the most under-rated chracter in the MU?

US Agent

Civilian
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys think who is the most underrated character in the MU? I happen to think it's either Luke Cage or Black Panther. When most people think about cream of the crop in the MU (not including cellestials) They think of Spidey or Hulk or Silver surfer or even Thor (people like bkher heh heh heh J/K!). As far as meta-humans I think these 2 are up there as far as how underrated they are. If I'm not mistaken the Thing got spanked by both of these guys. I started thiking about this after playing and beating the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. I might be wrong but I thikn that Luke Cage could beat Collossus too. Just my opinion though, no evidence to prove my claim.

I'd have to say BP. He has the potential to be Marvel's Batman, he's basically that but better on every level, and a strong character to boot. There are probably others that are more underrated, but none come to mind atm.

I know this isn't a fight thread but I'd disagree with Luke Cage taking out Colossus. Colossus is more durable than Thor, is 100 class I'm pretty sure, and has went toe to toe with Gladiator who has taken out the Thing in a few hits. Luke Cage is durable but not Colossus durable, I'm guessing around 25 class or so but could be wrong, and not the best to explain his feats.

Will say tho that I'm glad Luke Cage has gotten some hype finally from NA.

I gotta get that Marvel Handbook! I didn't know what class he was. But I am happy to see him get some exposier in NA and CW too.

US Agent said:
I gotta get that Marvel Handbook! I didn't know what class he was. But I am happy to see him get some exposier in NA and CW too.

Well I know Colossus, but not entirely sure on Luke Cage, I could be wrong.

I knew who Cage was, but never followed him until NA. I've heard several ppl on the Hype say he started around 5 tons or so and has moved up since then, and seen a few say he's probably around 25 tons tops putting him slightly stronger than Spiderman. Honestly I don't know, I was just saying what I've been told on here.

ForbushMan.jpg

Fear the awesome might of his No-Power.

Came in her to say BP. Especially after seeing what he did in Marvel Zombies with one leg and one arm and sedated. Plus he got the baddest chick in the game.

I'm starting to respect T'Challa more and more as my time on here grows. He really is a BMF!

Jamie Braddock...The man can do pretty much...anything, and yet he's like a C-class villain...What gives? Mojo is used better than this guy.

I like BP and all but personally i'd say Iron Fist is the most underrated.

He's hugely underrated. I mean everyone thinks he's just a street level kung fu guy but he's actually extremely formidable. He's taken down the Wrecking Crew on his own, he's formed and led his own team, he's a billionaire and he's one of the deadliest close quarters fighters on the planet.

I don't know who Jamie Braddock is but another Braddock is Brian. I think that he too is unde-rated. Captain Britan can fly, is invulnerable and has super human strength. Does anybody know what he he can lift as far as weight. I think he's stronger than Luke Cage.

US Agent said:
I don't know who Jamie Braddock is but another Braddock is Brian. I think that he too is unde-rated. Captain Britan can fly, is invulnerable and has super human strength. Does anybody know what he he can lift as far as weight. I think he's stronger than Luke Cage.

No question, this much I know, Capt. Britain is waaay stronger than Luke Cage. He's atleast a 90 class, flies very fast, has improved stamina and so on, and nigh-invulnerable. I haven't read a ton of his stories, but I remember he used to be roommates with Spidey in college, and King and ruler of Otherworld.

Electro and Mac Gargan and that's scorpion gargan instead of venom.

as venom he is super underrated but meh...

dascoyne said:

They are doing some major things with him right now,and I think he is becoming one of the best leaders in the marvel universe. :up:

I gotta go with Union Jack, Nova, and to a certain extent Namor.

Underated?

SquirrelGirl.

followed by Mr. Immortal,.... then the BP.

Squirrelgurl is a nod to the age of mysterymen who solved problems and beat villians using their heads,..

too complicated for most readers to follow.

Mr Immortal CANNOT BE KILLED. Given the tools and sumbody to think for him,... he can outlast and beat ANYBODY.

Finally Black Panther. People keep trying to put him in a box not realizing he has the resources of a nation behind him and has pulled off stuff NOBODY ELSE has done,...

(Your fav deck the devil and yank his heart out,.. then get back to me.)

You can't beat him unless you can catch him flat-footed,... and the last time that happened he was barely beat by kraven the hunter,.. barely as in BARELY,... In their second dustup the Avengers had to pull him off of the Hunter.

People act as though heroes in his "power range" have a chance.
(chuckle)

You NEED to be iron man or BETTER to have a chance at a win,... but folk keep acting like DD or some other "street-level" hero might clean his clock.

pffft.

Vanguard07 said:
I like BP and all but personally i'd say Iron Fist is the most underrated.

He's hugely underrated. I mean everyone thinks he's just a street level kung fu guy but he's actually extremely formidable. He's taken down the Wrecking Crew on his own, he's formed and led his own team, he's a billionaire and he's one of the deadliest close quarters fighters on the planet.

i love iron fist! hes like a combination of batman, shang chi and doctor strange. he's a magician (in case you didnt know danny rand can cast force field spells, disguise spells and telekenisis spells at a very low level) and a bada$$ fighter. his origin is that he watched his father fall from a cliff in tibet and had his mother eaten by wolves before being trained in the city of immortals where he gives up immortality to be a superhero? thats so righteous and noble. this guy is way cool. im glad hes getting a new ongoing.

The Great Lakes folks

ArchAngel

Armless Tiger Man

Lots of WWII heros and Villains.

US Agent said:
I was wondering what you guys think who is the most underrated character in the MU? I happen to think it's either Luke Cage or Black Panther. When most people think about cream of the crop in the MU (not including cellestials) They think of Spidey or Hulk or Silver surfer or even Thor (people like bkher heh heh heh J/K!). As far as meta-humans I think these 2 are up there as far as how underrated they are. If I'm not mistaken the Thing got spanked by both of these guys. I started thiking about this after playing and beating the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. I might be wrong but I thikn that Luke Cage could beat Collossus too. Just my opinion though, no evidence to prove my claim.

Nimrod and Apocalypse are extremely underated. If these two were written correctly the AOA would of arrived centuries ago, and the mutant population would be alot thinner.

Horhey said:
Nimrod and Apocalypse are extremely underated. If these two were written correctly the AOA would of arrived centuries ago, and the mutant population would be alot thinner.

if you like nimrod you should pick up his run in New X-men from recently. its really good and you really see nimrod's character developed.

CombatRock319 said:
if you like nimrod you should pick up his run in New X-men from recently. its really good and you really see nimrod's character developed.

Yea, I have it, and it was good. I just think he "jobs" to the X-Men too much.

true. haha nimrod decimates the new x-men. id love to see him up against some real competition like the avengers or the astonishing team

CombatRock319 said:
i love iron fist! hes like a combination of batman, shang chi and doctor strange. he's a magician (in case you didnt know danny rand can cast force field spells, disguise spells and telekenisis spells at a very low level) and a bada$$ fighter. his origin is that he watched his father fall from a cliff in tibet and had his mother eaten by wolves before being trained in the city of immortals where he gives up immortality to be a superhero? thats so righteous and noble. this guy is way cool. im glad hes getting a new ongoing.
Wow! I didn't know all that stuff about Iron Fist! Great character but I have to go with the Black Panther as well for all of the reasons stated already! It's good to know both characters seem to be used much better recently than they had been in years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"