Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

Even a cameo would elevate the whole film for me.

Oh man I love this news so much. What a delightful surprise. Christian F’ing Bale in TLT! Shocked and in awe of what we might get with him on board.

My first instinct is that he’s playing a big villain. Question is who? He could be playing Gorr... Or maybe they go the wild route and make him BRB. So many possibilities.

If they haven’t even started filming, and such information is leaked, it’s too big to be just cameo.
Cameos are integrated into the movie mostly during filming, coincidentally when an actor is filming nearby or when the director or protagonists have friend, who show up

Bale seem to have enjoyed the chaotic energy and fun improvisation style of Adam McKay (and David O. Russell although “fun” is arguable) so on hindsight, it shouldn’t be surprising that he wants to work with Taika too.

Or maybe his daughter just has a crush on Hemsworth. :oldrazz:

I have to say, I didn't expect to see Bale in a CBM again, especially not something like this.

Christian's on record as stating he dreaded doing musicals and comedy. I'm completely blindsided by this.

Wow now this is exciting news. Bale and Takia working together and in the MCU is something I never thought I would see honestly. He is such a great versatile actor though, especially after you watch stuff like American Hustle, The Fighter or Ford V. Ferrari and see just how different those three performances are. I will always love him as Bruce Wayne/Batman from the Nolan trilogy, but he is capable of so much more than that.

Bale was my top choice for Norman Osborn but didn't think he would ever return to the genre or join the MCU.

If they landed him, an actor of his caliber, I really hope he isn't wasted on a thankless role and he's playing someone significant in the MCU.

Especially after playing Batman.

Right. They didn’t announce Matt Damon’s cameo. It was a nice surprise.

Has Bale ever done a comedic movie? The Batman movies have humor in them but I wouldn’t consider them comedy like Ragnarok was.

Very interesting news indeed. The lowest odds should be on that he plays the villain, whomever that turns out to be. That's the most likely role to be very significant but also not require him to do several films.

I could see Taika being a big reason why he might want to join, as he seems to have taken many in Hollywood by storm. It would be pretty insane if he got Blanchett and Bale to be in back to back MCU films of his.

Me finding out Bale may appear in Thor 4

tenor.gif

Right. They didn’t announce Matt Damon’s cameo. It was a nice surprise.

Has Bale ever done a comedic movie? The Batman movies have humor in them but I wouldn’t consider them comedy like Ragnarok was.

American Hustle. Plus, he's arguably the funniest part of Ford v. Ferrari.

Reactions: Bim
Unexpected but awesome news. I would imagine he would be the villain or maybe Beta Ray Bill. Other then that I'm not sure who Bale would play.

Bale as a villain could be interesting, I don't think he's played a straight-up bad guy since Shaft twenty years ago.

Agger seems to be the other name being thrown around.

Bale as a villain could be interesting, I don't think he's played a straight-up bad guy since Shaft twenty years ago.

He almost played one again. He considered the villain role in the American remake of Oldboy but ended up doing Out of the Furnace.

Last edited:
gorr would be good, but i wonder how he'd handle the prosthetics or cgi face, which is why i guessed dario

god butcher/god bomb was the only good part of aaron's run imo. also, taika used the what were you god of line in ragnarok, so maybe it is the first 2 arcs of the run

Interesting, bale wasn’t someone I thought marvel would pursue. I don’t know what it’s like on set but I would imagine they prefer people who save the drama for the screen. I could only imagine what it’s like to spend so much money on a movie and then have to listen to a coworker who gets paid more than everyone else put together sook because the air conditioning is too dry or something.

baldur is an interesting choice but I also love the idea above about the god butcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"