Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

I doubt it would happen but now that someone suggested Bale for Beta Ray Bill, I really want to see him play that character. Make it so, Marvel.

#BetaRayBale
Can’t wait to see BRB banter with Korg.
Providing BRB is in TLT and I expect he will.

source.gif

Unexpected but awesome news. I would imagine he would be the villain or maybe Beta Ray Bill. Other then that I'm not sure who Bale would play.
Since no one has mentioned out yet, I could see Balder, but I don't expect it.

Bale as a villain could be interesting, I don't think he's played a straight-up bad guy since Shaft twenty years ago.
I know he could be great as a villain. Must be a fair chance as he is probably after a one and done role.

I would be very surprised if Bale signs on as in the past Bale hinted at not being interested in doing another comic book movie. I guess the role Marvel offering him must be interesting to him if he's actually considering it. Either way I will actually be excited for movie if they announce this casting as before I was rather indifferent.
Has Bale ever done a comedic movie? The Batman movies have humor in them but I wouldn’t consider them comedy like Ragnarok was.
I don't think Bale has ever done a comedic movie but he was hilarious in American Psycho so I'm sure he do a fine job in a comedic role.

Last edited:
I feel like most actors at this point have no problem with doing MCU flicks due to the talent they attract. It's some directors that have the beef lol.

I could see Bale as Dario Agger. Environmentalism is big right now so a evil energy company CEO would be on trend.

I've been thinking for quite a while that Agger is going to be in this movie for exactly this reason. It would make sense too, given that in Ragnarok Taika was clearly leaning into the issue of refugees (another topical subject) as well as the manipulation of truth by Odin (fake news etc).

It could also be interesting to see Thor face off against a human enemy for once.

I can see Agger being written and played with Patrick Bateman shades.

Websites and reddit are now debating whether it's Gorr or Agger.

I'm thinking Agger. Hela used Gorr's powerset in Ragnarok and I don't see Waititi bringing in yet another long lost sibling by having Bale portray Balder. And I doubt they would give Christian a horse face and have him go full mo-cap. Galactus is a possibility, but probably not for this story.

I am thinking it will be Gorr.

I'm thinking Agger. Hela used Gorr's powerset in Ragnarok and I don't see Waititi bringing in yet another long lost sibling by having Bale portray Balder. And I doubt they would give Christian a horse face and have him go full mo-cap. Galactus is a possibility, but probably not for this story.

Horses have plenty of hay bales in their stables, so it could be an indication that he'd be a horse face.

I bet he hasn't seen Bore: Crapnarog.

veliko-povracanje.gif

I'm not that familiar with the Dario Agger character. Gotta do some research on it.

If Bale does play Beta Ray Bill, someone can ask him "Do I swear to Batman?" to which he'll answer "Neigh... swear to me!!!"

If Bale does play Beta Ray Bill, someone can ask him "Do I swear to Batman?" to which he'll answer "Neigh... swear to me!!!"
...and only fans will understand that reference?

*Bursts into New Asgard*

"WHERE'S THE HAMMER? WHERE IS IT? YOU'D NEVER GIVE IT TO AN ORDINARY CITIZEN!
WHERE'S THE HAMMER? TELL ME WHERE THE HAMMER IS.THEN, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DIE!".

If they had Robert Redford and ScarJo in the same scene as Beta Ray Bill, Redford could whisper something in the horse's ear. Although it would probably be "Hail Hydra!"

Exciting news assuming that negotiations work out. I'll definitely be surprised if Bale isn't playing the villain here, regardless of whomever that turns out to be. I can't see him committing himself to another comic book franchise again long term so BRB seems unlikely as far as his casting is concerned.

Since Bale always does method acting for his roles, what's the likelihood he'll transform himself into a horse this time round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"