Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

Right now I'm leaning much more into the "Warlock/Mephisto/Key figure to be used in other MCU films later" camp than I am the "Baldur/Beta Ray Bill/Gorr" camp.

Billionaire + Villain = Billain

After his Oscar-nominated performance as Dick Cheney, Bale is taking the next logical step....Donald Trump.

Oh lordt imagine trump with an infinity glove

lol, he would use it just to build his stupid wall
wouldn't even be smart enough to use it to transport all the "mexicans" back

oh, and you know he'd use it to increase the size of his tiny... hands

Alright alright, enough talking about that fat sack of s**t

back to the Bale speculation

He's got a great eerily calm voice in many of his roles, so I could definitely see him being something Cosmic
Dario is still my guess, but that may be too obvious, and would probably be done-in-one
So I could definitely see him doing the voice/facial mo-cap for Galactus or Eternity or something like that

Characters that I could see Bale as:

Cul Borson...Odin's brother and uncle of Hela, Thor and Loki

Balder The Brave...Balder as the son of Odin...brother of Hela, Thor and Loki

Beta Ray Bill

Hercules
I'll believe Beta Ray Bil lwhen I see him on screen.

Billionaire + Villain = Billain

After his Oscar-nominated performance as Dick Cheney, Bale is taking the next logical step....Donald Trump.

Oh lordt imagine trump with an infinity glove

lol, he would use it just to build his stupid wall
wouldn't even be smart enough to use it to transport all the "mexicans" back

oh, and you know he'd use it to increase the size of his tiny... hands

He'd be like... really smart. :o

Bale needs to play a more stable genius like Beta Ray Bill.

So Tessa confirmed that Bale is playing the villain.

I’m guessing it’s a one-off role but it would be cool to see Bale show up as constant threat to the MCU; maybe the next big bad.

So Tessa confirmed that Bale is playing the villain.

I’m guessing it’s a one-off role but it would be cool to see Bale show up as constant threat to the MCU; maybe the next big bad.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Only the wrong horse and not Beta Ray Bill.

Bale as a villain is an exciting proposition.
Can’t wait to get some more info.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see Bale square off against Hemsworth and Portman.

After that, THEN, I will have permission to die.

Bale in Thor, Keaton in Spider-Man. Now they need to get Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Ben Affleck and Robert Pattinson as villains in the MCU. If they later team up, they can be some form of the Sinister Six.

Bale playing Gorr the God Butcher from what I heard and honestly I would have never have guessed it

Reactions: B
This is huge, Bale is a legit genius and capable of doing incredibly complex characters ( seen The Fighter ? He's magic in it)

Hopefully Taika will find the right role and characterization for him. Taylor utterly failed with Eccleston ( another gifted and intense British actor) to make use of his talents. I thought he did wonders with Blanchett as Hela - yeah, she was pretty straightforward, as in just nasty, but with a bit of style and a sense of humour.

Is the God Butcher a character that would suit a Waititi Thor film ? I would have thought that character a bit too serious.

Still, big news for the film.

I'm beginning to think that Bale is indeed going to play Dario Agger aka Minotaur.
I mean he looks exactly like that character. (Just look at American Psycho.) Also they are taking inspiration from the Jason Aaron run with Jane Foster's Mighty Thor in which he has somewhat of a prominent role.

I just noticed this today. Could be a bit of a stretch but... Apparently they are using Dio for the soundtrack and if you look at the cover for one of their album what do you see...

Ronnie_James_Dio_Holy_Diver_Art.jpg

https://******************.com/files/2020/04/2020.04.14-03.46-******************-5e95321ef2394.png

Interesting theory :up:

It’s also not the first time they take album covers and use them as nods to events in the movie. Like the Duran Duran t-shirt that Banner used in Ragnarok. The album features the track “Hungry Like the Wolf”...

825646280100.jpg

C8raIhe.jpg

55de0eb9bbf88be58cf0c36c9f67908d.gif

Is Dario Agger a cosmic villain (I‘m not familiar with the comics).
With all the Guardians and Spaceshark-rumors, Taika will go (hopefully) full cosmic again

Is Dario Agger a cosmic villain (I‘m not familiar with the comics).
With all the Guardians and Spaceshark-rumors, Taika will go (hopefully) full cosmic again
Dario Agger is from Earth. I'm no expert but from what i know he's a rich businessman who has some mining connections, not only on Earth but he also tries to mine other planets... I think that at some point he makes a pact with some sort of entity and then gets the Minotaur appearance and it's capabilities in return.

I guess he would come in to play with the whole New Asgard angle. Maybe it's some land dispute or something like that.

I suppose they can tweak his history a bit to make his origins cosmic. Like maybe make the entity cosmic? I really hope he’s playing Agger. It seems to be the most fun to play from all the possible villain choices being floated around.

I guess he would come in to play with the whole New Asgard angle. Maybe it's some land dispute or something like that.

IIRC, wasn't that part of the reason why him and Thor became enemies in the comics in the first place? Because Roxxon wanted to exploit the land around Broxton, Oklahoma, where New Asgard was in the comics?

IIRC, wasn't that part of the reason why him and Thor became enemies in the comics in the first place? Because Roxxon wanted to exploit the land around Broxton, Oklahoma, where New Asgard was in the comics?
RG0BS1U.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"