Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

I'd say that Taika knows 100% which role it is, you don't put actors before the characters if you know what you're doing. This goes especially if they are at the spot where they actually are reported to "be in talks", which generally means they are negotiating the contract and are well past the actor being interested in the role.

I'd say that Taika knows 100% which role it is, you don't put actors before the characters if you know what you're doing. This goes especially if they are at the spot where they actually are reported to "be in talks", which generally means they are negotiating the contract and are well past the actor being interested in the role.

Yeah, this seems a bit similar to when Taika said that he had no idea whether Jane having cancer would be a part of the movie or not. Like, it's a pretty major plot point to either include or leave out, and I'm pretty sure he definitely knew whether or not it was going to be a part of this movie.

Taika wrote the script. At this point he knows exactly which stories and angles they are tackling and who he’s hiring for each specific role. He’s just playing the cards close to his vest.

I would look to Bale’s previous work in order to get a good hint at which type of character he could be playing. My bet is on a villainous role now the question is who? Has to someone of note for him to be interested in the part. Also everyone wants to work with Taika.

Taika mentioned the “Mighty Thor” storyline from Jason Aaron as a big influence for the story of TLT so it makes sense that Bale’s character is also featured on those comics.

Boss Logic shared this, probably has no weight to it but just thought it looked awesome.

82029158_10156476281766923_8229518253827817472_o.jpg

"Just sign here, Asgard shall be restored"

If he plays Mephisto does he need to need to change his name to AntiChristian Bale?

Fun Fact:

On December 2015, 7 months before Ragnarok started filming the Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Cate Blanchett was in negotiations to appear in the movie.

Now January 2020 and 7 months before TLT starts filming we got the news from THR that Christian Bale was in talks to star in the movie.

I don't know who Bale is playing but I hope that whoever it is, he uses his Ken Miles accent.

If I had to place bets, I'm saying Dario Agger

This is gonna be a fantastic pairing. Lot of people might consider Bale too much of a ''serious dramatic'' actor these days but a movie like American Psycho really shows how much of a OTT and comedic actor the guy can be which can be forgotten. He will be great for a character in a Waiti movie.

Characters that I could see Bale as:

Cul Borson...Odin's brother and uncle of Hela, Thor and Loki

Balder The Brave...Balder as the son of Odin...brother of Hela, Thor and Loki

Beta Ray Bill

Hercules

Hercules would be fun. It would sort of be like giving Thor a big brother type making him sort of like the Jan Brady.

obviously not his literal brother but in terms of character dynamics

Hercules would be fun. It would sort of be like giving Thor a big brother type making him sort of like the Jan Brady.

obviously not his literal brother but in terms of character dynamics

That would be nothing like what long time fans of the Herc/Thor dynamic would want.

Their relationship is way more like the rival quarterbacks of two football dynasty type teams. Or to put it in another sport's terms, Thor is Magic Johnson and Herc is Larry Bird.

Both have definite similarities which they bond over but their personal journeys as hero gods diverge a lot too making them unique. When together they bring out both the best and the worst in each other.

For me an issue is that Thor as he developed in the MCU is a lot closer to comic Herc than comic Thor. But... That could work. I kinda always assumed Thor stood just a little taller, acted a little more serious, played down his lusts and appetites whenever he shared the room with Hercules as Avengers.

"Hey... I like a good bacchanal as the next god. I drank the ocean halfway once after all... But I'm not some drunk frat party boy like THAT guy! He's the prince of his realm but he acts like some fool at a bachelor's party!"

And Herc's take is:

"Look at this pretty boy who thinks he's better and STRONGER than me! Acting like he didn't party hard back in the day! Plus... He grew up a prince with daddy and mommy giving him everything, grooming him for the throne. I didn't meet Zeus until I was a man, and he's still on my case! I was raised among men. I'm from the streets son!"

Now, that's the comics.

In the MCU though if they use Herc alongside Thor as we last saw him maybe that's a way to get Thor back into the groove and off the sauce. Have him recognize that he's gone a little bit over the line in his tom foolery and indulgences by looking at a guy that is an immortal party animal.

"I like this guy but... I am not sure I want everyone around me to think of myself the way they think of him... Hmmm... Maybe it's time to put down the booze?"

If anyone wants a good take on Herc and Thor's relationship from the books I highly recommend INCREDIBLE HERCULES and the arc where Herc and a Zeus transformed into a boy (Long story...) go to Asgard and Herc pretends he's Thor' costume and all.

That would be nothing like what long time fans of the Herc/Thor dynamic would want.

Their relationship is way more like the rival quarterbacks of two football dynasty type teams. Or to put it in another sport's terms, Thor is Magic Johnson and Herc is Larry Bird.

Both have definite similarities which they bond over but their personal journeys as hero gods diverge a lot too making them unique. When together they bring out both the best and the worst in each other.

For me an issue is that Thor as he developed in the MCU is a lot closer to comic Herc than comic Thor. But... That could work. I kinda always assumed Thor stood just a little taller, acted a little more serious, played down his lusts and appetites whenever he shared the room with Hercules as Avengers.

"Hey... I like a good bacchanal as the next god. I drank the ocean halfway once after all... But I'm not some drunk frat party boy like THAT guy! He's the prince of his realm but he acts like some fool at a bachelor's party!"

And Herc's take is:

"Look at this pretty boy who thinks he's better and STRONGER than me! Acting like he didn't party hard back in the day! Plus... He grew up a prince with daddy and mommy giving him everything, grooming him for the throne. I didn't meet Zeus until I was a man, and he's still on my case! I was raised among men. I'm from the streets son!"

Now, that's the comics.

In the MCU though if they use Herc alongside Thor as we last saw him maybe that's a way to get Thor back into the groove and off the sauce. Have him recognize that he's gone a little bit over the line in his tom foolery and indulgences by looking at a guy that is an immortal party animal.

"I like this guy but... I am not sure I want everyone around me to think of myself the way they think of him... Hmmm... Maybe it's time to put down the booze?"

If anyone wants a good take on Herc and Thor's relationship from the books I highly recommend INCREDIBLE HERCULES and the arc where Herc and a Zeus transformed into a boy (Long story...) go to Asgard and Herc pretends he's Thor' costume and all.

Love Herc in the comics. But as mentioned, Hemsworth has assumed more of his personality than that of comic book Thor, who is depicted more often as a stick in the mud than everyone's best bud.

There's also the Eternals issue. Will Marvel put the Olympians on the big screen when they have a comparable group that they alone control? It is probably unlikely, especially with DC already dipping their toes into the Roman Pantheon. I'm curious to see if Don Lee's Gilgamesh gets Herc's outsized personality in the Eternals movie.

Though Hemsworth has done a great pseudo-Herc, the best recent depiction was John DiMaggio's Aquaman on B:TBATB. Outrageous!

Meant to post this last time but when this broke I too rushed to name all the logical potential roles from the Thor mythos at Marvel that he could play...

But then I thought "Bale as a one off? ... Nah. Feige would wanna rope him in with something bigger."

We are assuming this is a role pertaining to Thor but what if it is a MCU wide role? Something like Galactus or the Beyonder? Something appearing in T:LAT that is just there to be set up for a later arc or other franchise?

Hell, it could well just be an appearance in a post cred to tease a more substantial part in something else down the line.

Whatever this means:

Kinda bummed it’s not Agger if true. I’ve already grown very fond of that idea.

Whatever this means:

Kinda bummed it’s not Agger if true. I’ve already grown very fond of that idea.

Is that a reputable website? Because unless its coming from an established outlet like Variety or THR, I tend to take these kind of "scoops" with a large amount of salt...

That sounds really promising.
It's a shame that the veracity of those rumors seem a bit dodgy.

That sounds really promising.
It's a shame that the veracity of those rumors seem a bit dodgy.

John Campea may be wrong about many things, but his maxim that you should always be careful of disreputable sites making extravagant claims about upcoming films certainly holds true.

If Bale is an alien villain then either Bale will be CGI and he will just voice the villain or he will be in extensive make up

What if Bale is Adam Warlock?
The Asguardians could show up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"