Christianity and Islam - Building Bridges of Peace and Justice

chaseter said:
A Christian's only path to salvation is through Jesus Christ whom you must accept as your personal savior. That is in the Bible. The path to Heaven is through God the son, Jesus Christ.

If you bothered to look at my previous posts that is what I've been saying. Christ is God the son aka God made man and yes, he's the vessel that gets you to heaven but christians foremost worship and pray to God the father.

Dude, you keep saying i'm hostel towards islam, where are you pulling this? when 9/11 wend down i was getting all the same weird looks like many muslums i know from the "white american". I was the first to defend a Muslum co woker when some one was talking **** about him behind his back. (after 9/11 dumb assess assumed all muslums wanna blow themselfs up.) Like i said, i have every right to be anti islamic, but i am not. I love every one the same, because you are all children of God, Maybe except for Elijya :p

I just think in a place like this where its fashionable to be an athesit, you go and post a sermon, I think thats ****ing dumb, no offense, but you know you're spiting in the wind.

And dont think because i didnt quote your last responces it means i agree with you, i dont, like i said if you feel you must respong and prove yourself to every single dumb comment, i believe you have doubts about it yourself. Responding to you is a waste of time because people like you dont stop. they quote every body and have an anwser for everything, so i think we should close this thread, and ban any religion talk, because every time some one mentions God, BS follows.

Bill said:
Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

These don't seem to be the last words of someone who knew what was in store.
Actually the real funny part is that Jesus is never actually pointed out as God incarnate. In fact the term "Son of God" is very prevelent in the Bible. It is used to describe anyone who was the king of the Jews. It's even believed by scholars the term can be applied to anyone who is in existence. We are all "Sons of God"

Exactly. We are all children of God, and are thus all connected. We are a part of God and God is a part of us. Some think that Jesus was not God incarnate, but instead simply a man charged by God or the Universe or whatever with the task of showing the world that we are connected by this binding force of existence and how to be better human beings in general.

Assassin said:
Dude, you keep saying i'm hostel towards islam, where are you pulling this? when 9/11 wend down i was getting all the same weird looks like many muslums i know from the "white american". I was the first to defend a Muslum co woker when some one was talking **** about him behind his back. (after 9/11 dumb assess assumed all muslums wanna blow themselfs up.) Like i said, i have every right to be anti islamic, but i am not. I love every one the same, because you are all children of God, Maybe except for Elijya :p

I just think in a place like this where its fashionable to be an athesit, you go and post a sermon, I think thats ****ing dumb, no offense, but you know you're spiting in the wind.

And dont think because i didnt quote your last responces it means i agree with you, i dont, like i said if you feel you must respong and prove yourself to every single dumb comment, i believe you have doubts about it yourself. Responding to you is a waste of time because people like you dont stop. they quote every body and have an anwser for everything, so i think we should close this thread, and ban any religion talk, because every time some one mentions God, BS follows.

Like I said, my response to you wasn't to get your agreement, it was to defend false claims and to educate others including those who may not post in this thread but only view.

By the way, to ban religious talk is Un-American.

To you your religion and to me mine. Peace be upon you. :yay:

Mr Sparkle said:
:whatever: because idiots invariably make sweeping generalizations.

The possible comments one could make in response to this post..................

:hyper:

- Whirly

Assassin said:
why do almost all muslums feel like they have something to prove to non muslums?

Assassin said:

Your muslim co worker must always try to prove something to non muslims.
:ninja:

The Question said:
Exactly. We are all children of God, and are thus all connected. We are a part of God and God is a part of us. Some think that Jesus was not God incarnate, but instead simply a man charged by God or the Universe or whatever with the task of showing the world that we are connected by this binding force of existence and how to be better human beings in general.

I understand the implication of saying we are all children of G-d.

In Islam, the Qur'an puts as, "We are all G-d's creation, and Adam is our father and G-d created him from dust." Humans are the children of Adam.

However, Christians, Jews, and Muslims have a 2nd father and that is Abraham, so the followers of the Abrahamic faiths are considered to be the "Children of Abraham" and Abraham is viewed as the father of monotheism and one who was upright is his character to such an extent that he was know as "the friend of G-d." I think this what Jesus taught and teaches us today. To love G-d by loving our fellow man and not exploiting our fellow man. Be upright in character and in actions by helping each other.

Exactly. Since all of us are connected, we're really only hurting ourselves when we hurt others in the long run. Unfortunately, that works better on paper than it does in practice. :csad:

unknownuser said:
Your muslim co worker must always try to prove something to non muslims.
:ninja:

he did when i first started working there, so did my friends, takes them a few times of me telling them i dont give a damn for them to stop

Assassin said:
he did when i first started working there, so did my friends, takes them a few times of me telling them i dont give a damn for them to stop
well, you can't blame him considering he's had coworkers talking **** behind his back in a professional environment.

ShadowBoxing said:
Actually the real funny part is that Jesus is never actually pointed out as God incarnate. In fact the term "Son of God" is very prevelent in the Bible. It is used to describe anyone who was the king of the Jews. It's even believed by scholars the term can be applied to anyone who is in existence. We are all "Sons of God"

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

What does he mean when he says "I am"?

Exodus 3

14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

1 John 5

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

The Question said:
And what exactly were their criterea? The gospels they through out were the ones that suggested ideas of personal spirituality and finding God everywhere, not simply in a temple. How lucky for them that the parts they agreed weren't scriptural were the ones that threatened their power base.

First, the process of weeding out books that didn't meet the standards were being done long before any councils, because many books were being written that were creating doubt and hindering the Christian message during the early years. All the councils did was formalize the process that was already generally agreed upon within the Christian community.

In a nutshell, the books that failed in terms of consistency of message, historical accuracy, and or had doubt as to the actual authors were rejected. It's entirely possible that genuine scriptures were rejected, but it's certainly better to have rejected genuine books than risk accepting false scriptures.

War Lord said:
First, the process of weeding out books that didn't meet the standards were being done long before any councils, because many books were being written that were creating doubt and hindering the Christian message during the early years. All the councils did was formalize the process that was already generally agreed upon within the Christian community.

In a nutshell, the books that failed in terms of consistency of message, historical accuracy, and or had doubt as to the actual authors were rejected. It's entirely possible that genuine scriptures were rejected, but it's certainly better to have rejected genuine books than risk accepting false scriptures.

And, as I said, it was just so damn lucky that the scrptures they deemed false were the ones that threatened their power base. I mean, what are the odds?

The Question said:
And, as I said, it was just so damn lucky that the scrptures they deemed false were the ones that threatened their power base. I mean, what are the odds?

It's so damn lucky that you have read each and every one of them so that you know what you're talking about. What are the odds?

Whirlysplat said:
The possible comments one could make in response to this post..................

:hyper:

- Whirly

would be feeble. :heart:

War Lord said:
It's so damn lucky that you have read each and every one of them so that you know what you're talking about.

Don't assume that I'm just pulling things out of my ass. I do know what ideas were suggested in them. The idea that God can be found everywhere, not just in a church, for one. And that most definately would threaten their power base.

The Question said:
Don't assume that I'm just pulling things out of my ass. I do know what ideas were suggested in them. The idea that God can be found everywhere, not just in a church, for one. And that most definately would threaten their power base.

That's only if you believe that they were simply protecting their power base, as opposed to trying to protect the faith from heretical ideas.

Man-Thing said:
John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Okay but all those passages prove was Jesus was God's messenger or embodied his words. Moses and David could easily fit those molds and also claimed to be bringers of the word.

John 8

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

What does he mean when he says "I am"?

Could mean a lot of things, I am in Hebrew was often used to invoke God. He is the one who is called "I am". Rather your extrapolating that "am" is in fact God and Jesus is saying "I God". Jesus does say "I am God". He merely says before Abraham, "I am". Or before Abraham there was God. Ambiguous.

Exodus 3

14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

Explained.

1 John 5

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Okay...what about. (Note none refer to Jesus)

Exodus 4:22"Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn."

"I said, 'You are god; you are all sons of the Most High.' "

Psalm 2:7 "....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

[SIZE=+1]JOB 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God [beney ha'elohim] came to present themselves before the LORD and Satan also came among them.[/SIZE] (NKJV)​
Jeremiah 31:9"I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn."

[SIZE=+1]JOB 38:4 "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. 5 Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? 6 To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, 7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God [beney 'elohim] shouted for joy?[/SIZE] (NKJV)​
[SIZE=+1]PSALM 29:1 O give the LORD you sons of God [beney 'elim], give the LORD glory and power; 2 give the LORD the glory of His name. Adore the LORD in His holy court.[/SIZE] (The Psalms: A New Translation)

[SIZE=+1]GENESIS 6:9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect [tamim] in his generations. Noah walked with God.[/SIZE] (NKJV) (Suggesting Noah perfection was given by God)

Luke 3:38 the son of Kenan, 38the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. (Describing a lineage tracing back to Adam as "a Son of God")

Wow....God must keep his "sons" out of the loop by never telling them about all those brothers they have.

I got up this morning to fix myself breakfast.

I fried some eggs and chorizo, and got out the tortillas. Well low and behold, there was MUHAMMAD on one of them! What do you guys think I should do? E-bay?
ohnoes.gif
fingersx.gif

I think a good question to ask is, how many Muslims in non Western countries have a reactionary outlook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"