From the ‘Nation of Islam’ to the Ummah:A look at Islam and race in America

Wilhelm-Scream said:
It wouldn't kill people to be less quick to take offense.

Obviously I mention "LOOKING like a M.O.P-B." because the poster probably is not one, so it would be too bad if that's the impression he gives.

...huge difference between saying "doing so-and-so makes you look like an ass****." AND saying, "You ARE an ass****."

But people don't want to be bothered with actually reading words, they want to get pissed off and hurt and feel like indignant victims.

Anyway, yes, I would physically die if I was any more sensitive.

No problem Wilhelm, I knew what you were getting at. No offense taken.

R. Khalil

M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
Shangri-La is a fictional place described in the 1933 novel Lost Horizon by British author James Hilton. In the book, "Shangri-La" is a mystical, harmonious valley, gently guided from a lamasery, enclosed in the western end of the Himalaya. Shangri-La has become synonymous with any earthly paradise but particularly a mythical Himalayan utopia — a permanently happy land, isolated from the outside world. The word also evokes the imagery of exoticism of the Orient. The story of Shangri-La is based on the concept of Shambhala, a mystical city in Tibetan Buddhist tradition.

but i was talking about the girl group.:huh:

Muslim Works said:
It would also help me avoid the effects of carpal tunnel syndrome.
as will squeezing these special balls.

carpal-tunnel-exercise.jpg

Muslim Works said:
Our Vision is help build a model community in the broadest sense, not leaving anything of value out. A community which is balanced, witnessing to all people, a community that God establishes, approves of and support.

That's a good and grand. One question. Whose model is this community based on and whose values?

Beware of the smiling face spreading peace in one hand with a knife in the other. BAH! :hulk:

Mr. Smash'n Bash said:
We have these buddist monks here in Atlanta, Georgia that go to important places and make these kick ass sand paintings. They always erase them when they're done though.
M.E.H.Z.E.B said:
I never understood that.
Its a practice to show how everything is inconstant and changing. That people build their whole life around something that can be destroyed with the gust of one wind.

eer something like that ;)

Some of them made one of those big elaborate sand paintings on the main floor of a large mall here, which I thought was funny.
Excellent choice of location.

7Hells said:
Its a practice to show how everything is inconstant and changing. That people build their whole life around something that can be destroyed with the gust of one wind.

eer something like that ;)

I appreciate your effort to explain it to me. Thank you. :)

Muslim Works, the thread was likely closed because all you iinitially did was copy and paste large segments of text which some might call simply propaganda expecting people to read them rather than actually attempting to engage people in coversation. You switched gears later in the thread, so I'll re-open it if there's an actual conversation to be had here.

Thank God I am studying the Nation of Islam right now....actually this thread will help with my notes.

Elijya said:
Muslim Works, the thread was likely closed because all you iinitially did was copy and paste large segments of text which some might call simply propaganda expecting people to read them rather than actually attempting to engage people in coversation. You switched gears later in the thread, so I'll re-open it if there's an actual conversation to be had here.

Thank you Elijya, Lesson learned. :yay:

R. Khalil

Cracker Jack said:
That's a good and grand. One question. Whose model is this community based on and whose values?

Beware of the smiling face spreading peace in one hand with a knife in the other. BAH! :hulk:

:huh: wtf
"Our Vision is help build a model community in the broadest sense, not leaving anything of value out. A community which is balanced, witnessing to all people, a community that God establishes, approves of and support."

that's pretty clear

Muslim Works, do you believe Jews are bloodsuckers like Louis Farrakhan does?

Man-Thing said:
Muslim Works, do you believe Jews are bloodsuckers like Louis Farrakhan does?

Like I said before, Muslim Works nor I are afflilated nor share the views of "The Nation of Islam" and Louis Farrakhan.

With that said, I believe there are many bloodsuckers in this world with many of them are in World Government and in positions of authority. I believe that the bloodsuckers of the world go by the religious identity of Christian, Jew, Muslim...well you get the picture.

In religion, there are those who talk the talk and then those who actually walk the walk.

We (Muslims) are obligated to seek peaceful co-existence with Christians and people of Faith. The similarities are so much more important that we need not focus on the differences. We see Christians and Jews as people of the Book. We should not ask them to take their shahadah.

Mr Sparkle said:
:huh: wtf
"Our Vision is help build a model community in the broadest sense, not leaving anything of value out. A community which is balanced, witnessing to all people, a community that God establishes, approves of and support."

that's pretty clear

If you say so. Who decides what is "of value" ? Which God is establishing this community. Who knows what is approvable and what he supports? A model community? Hitler wanted to make a model community so to speak. I've seen model communities where you get a fine if your mail box is to tall or the wrong color.

BAH!

Mr. Smash'n Bash said:
Same thing happens with Christianity and Judaism, but strangely Buddaism remains free of insults. :huh:
Unless they are one of the branches that use a swastica as it's symbol. In which case....

Cracker Jack said:
Who decides what is "of value" ? Which God is establishing this community. Who knows what is approvable and what he supports? A model community? Hitler wanted to make a model community so to speak. I've seen model communities where you get a fine if your mail box is to tall or the wrong color.

BAH!

Cracker Jack, The people of the community decides what is "of value" and which God is whatever one the community believes in which is why we use the language of "in the broadest sense."

Not sure where you are trying to go with the Hitler comment unless your fear is...ISLAMIC DOMINATION!!!

Well, that is not what we are working towards and in my understanding is against what God wants. Muslims have to understand that our religion did not come to establish itself over everybody else.

I don’t feel that all Christians or Jews have to have my religion to improve their lives. I feel that some Christians and Jews are living very good lives. They have very good morals, they have a good sense of direction and I wouldn’t want to disturb that for them. As long as they are doing well I’d like to see them continue to do well.

Peace,

R. Khalil

Muslim Works said:
Hitler comment unless your fear is...ISLAMIC DOMINATION!!!

I did say "So to speak.

Cracker Jack does not hate anyone but believes many have said the same thing that you suggest in your Community. Peace, understanding, and one for all with a hitch, believe in what I tell you to believe in and in my god. To that I say BAH!!! DOMINATION by any group is a scary thing wouldn’t you say? I believe in Jesus Christ as the risen savior. Would I still be allowed to believe this? I believe in the Bible. Would I be allowed to keep my copy? What you propose sound all good and grand "In the broadest sense." It also sounds a lot like what Christians say. But who draws the lines? Pat Robertson? BAH!!!

Cracker Jack said:
I did say "So to speak.

Cracker Jack does not hate anyone but believes many have said the same thing that you suggest in your Community. Peace, understanding, and one for all with a hitch, believe in what I tell you to believe in and in my god. To that I say BAH!!! DOMINATION by any group is a scary thing wouldn’t you say? I believe in Jesus Christ as the risen savior. Would I still be allowed to believe this? I believe in the Bible. Would I be allowed to keep my copy? What you propose sound all good and grand "In the broadest sense." It also sounds a lot like what Christians say. But who draws the lines? Pat Robertson? BAH!!!

Cracker Jack, Myself and the Muslim Works organization supports a community that is free from domination from anyone. I'm not aware of a hitch other than building a community that God approves of.

Domination is indeed a scary thing. Did you see The Matrix, Dark City, or V for Vendetta? They say alot about our existing world.

So yes, you could continue to believe in Jesus Christ as your faith teaches, and the bible. The existence of all faiths would be retained and in fact protected.

Who draws the line? The community...under God!

We hope to support the work of such a model community. Why do we say model? Because it would be a model for the rest of the world to follow if they choose to.

Hopefully, the people of the world would see such a successful community structure, succesful for the individual, the family, and for the community as a whole that it would be a no-brainer to accept such a model.

R. Khalil

Muslim Works said:
We hope to support the work of such a model community. Why do we say model? Because it would be a model for the rest of the world to follow if they choose to.

Hopefully, the people of the world would see such a successful community structure, succesful for the individual, the family, and for the community as a whole that it would be a no-brainer to accept such a model.

R. Khalil

This would be a wonderful thing MW. It really would. However, people, humans beings are so full of corruption that it would be and is impossible. Good intentions do not always translate into good things. A life saving station located on a beach, eventually turned into a resort for the wealthy, is no longer saving lives. There are more smiling faces saying good thing out of one side of their mouths while saying a completely different thing out of the other side. Louis Farrakhan, Osama Ben Laden and the Catholic Church come to mind.

If peace is truely your desire, my hats off to you. However, peace on this planet, :whatever: not as long there is money to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"