Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer

They will be having that category starting in 2026. :D

Nice, thanks for that. I particularly love when a whole cast is top quality, complementing each other well and having great chemistry (even if no individual big names). Good to see some common sense being employed. :up:

Apparently, a "best casting" category is being added to the Oscars. I'm not aware that "best ensemble acting" (like the SAG category) is. But I stand to be corrected.

Apparently, a "best casting" category is being added to the Oscars. I'm not aware that "best ensemble acting" (like the SAG category) is. But I stand to be corrected.
Oh right, that's probably what I read.

I saw it was on Peacock my dad watched it last week when it was added I plan on seeing it soon myself.

I got rid of cable about a year ago since I pretty much only buy physical media these days and use the streaming services. But I gotta see Nolan get his Oscar so a free trial of YouTube live TV it is!

Last edited:
… rewatching it for the first time since opening night;

Ludwig deserves to win just for the music during the countdown // the editing of the sound delay // reactions by Safdie and Krumholtz, contrasted by everyone else // the sounds of a ticking clock… leading into chains hitting the boxed bomb container… to merging them into one sound over 5 minutes // to escalate to the floor pounding panic attack.

Bradley Cooper would probably sacrifice his kids to be this good…

I almost wish Nolan would eventually take a crack at a fourth Dark Knight film just to hear what Ludwig would cook up for that world.

I like to look at this as poetic justice after WB so unceremoniously let him go after Tenet. :hehe:

If Universal is smart, they'll keep him and continue to let him play ball without interference for his future projects.

So freakin' deserved! Very happy for Nolan, Emma, Cillian and everyone who worked on the movie. I have to say I think it's surprisingly rare that a movie this good actually wins Best Picture, so you love to see it. I'd say easily one of the best BP wins of the modern era.

I have to say that seeing Spielberg hand Nolan the award was really special. For all intents and purposes I think Nolan has taken the baton from him in terms of being the leading 'blockbuster auteur' of the modern era, and based on a lot of what Steven has said about him I think think he recognizes that too. Just really satisfying to finally see this happen.

lol let’s not rewrite history here.
Either way, he walked when WB disrespected his wishes and it pretty much led him here. All in all, they kind of ended up losing in the process and Nolan benefited from it.

Hope his next project gets to be a horror one like he talked about.

Either way, he walked when WB disrespected his wishes and it pretty much led him here. All in all, they kind of ended up losing in the process and Nolan benefited from it.

Hope his next project gets to be a horror one like he talked about.
I don’t know, didn’t they kind of bend over backwards to accommodate him when it came to putting Tenet out when they did?

I thought it was the HBO Max day-and-date business that soured him and that was on the behalf of just about everyone but him.

I first saw Cillian in 28 Days Later , and I'm so happy he and Chris have finally gotten the recognition they deserve.
And of course, I'm happy for RDJ whose had a rough journey, but has come out the other end with the accolades and respect he's worked hard for.
Congrats
1710130239706.png
1710130273860.png
1710130307103.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"