Christopher Nolan Meeting With Directorial Candidates

I feel sorry for all of you alleged "hardcore" Superman fans.

If your not confident, pumped up, excited and content with people like Chris Nolan, Emma Thomas, Jonah Nolan, David Goyer and Zack Snyder involved in the production of this next Superman film.

Then you may NEVER see a good to great Superman film EVER!

Keep crying.....:waa:

Well, considering I have a Film and Television degree, I was hoping to have steady editing work by now, but considering I'm stuck working at a theater, I have to say the theater I work for is a pretty great place to be stuck at. :woot:

In my search for silver lining on this choice, I did come up with a pleasant thought (for me): Snyder's taste in leading men is definitely something I approve of. Between Gerard Butler, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Patrick Wilson and Jon Hamm, I'm much less concerned about getting a 25-year-old Superboy for Superman now. So that's a good thing.

Well, I'm still looking for a good college so...no degrees or anything for me :whatever: But yeah Snyder's casting choices have always been far better than those of his contemporaries. But I'm still uncertain about Natalie Portman playing Lois Lane - even though she's capable of playing out the role, I just don't see her in the part.

Well, Hamm is in Sucker Punch, he knows how to work with him, annd is fan-fav, soo, why not?

Wait... which Hamm? SAM Hamm?!

at least he is honest.

I feel sorry for all of you alleged "hardcore" Superman fans.

If your not confident, pumped up, excited and content with people like Chris Nolan, Emma Thomas, Jonah Nolan, David Goyer and Zack Snyder involved in the production of this next Superman film.

Then you may NEVER see a good to great Superman film EVER!

Keep crying.....:waa:
just because they all are involved doesn't mean it's going to be a great film. Nolan isn't directing, probably executive producer. The whole film is on Snyder's hands.

just because they all are involved doesn't mean it's going to be a great film. Nolan isn't directing, probably executive producer. The whole film is on Snyder's hands.
Which still means it's in good hands.

well even memento and insomnia which are nolan's smaller films were bigger than moon

Such a huge shame...and it seems like Nolan/WB went to Jones first with an offer to direct.

With Snyder directing I feel like, at best, he'll be able to give us a pretty good Superman movie.

With Duncan Jones directing I feel like he could've given us the best Superman movie ever made and possibly one of the best comic book films ever made.

btw Source Code looks great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkTrG-gpIzE

I think you're giving too much credit to Jones and not enough to Snyder. If Jones panicked at the thought of directing a major blockbuster then chances are he would buckle under the pressure and we would get a movie like Fincher's Alien 3. Snyder, however, proved that he was willing to stick to his vision for a big-budget movie with Watchmen.

I think it's a shame that Jones backed out, as I much prefer him to Snyder. But at least Jones was honest enough to do so. Frankly, I think it takes more guts to admit you can't handle a job like this than to run with it anyway because it's such a big opportunity. The latter is how the big disasters happen, imo.

This would've been a HUGE career jump for him. But if he didn't think he could handle it, I'm glad he figured that out early and backed out. And I'm looking forward to Source Code. :up:

Why has this thread not been closed already? We all know that Zack Snyder is directing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"