Natalie Portman in the running for Lois lane

Portman is a very good actress, but I can't really see her fitting as Lois Lane. I've always pictured the character as a woman working in a man's world, and is a tenacious go-getter because of it. Something like Jennifer Jason Leigh's character from The Hudsucker Proxy.

Portman, Hathaway, Blunt, or Rachel Weisz as Lois Lane for me.

Weisz would work well if they go with an over 30 year old mature looking Superman like Jon Hamm.

Natalie Portman is a solid actress, but to me, she looks too much like the version of Lois we just saw in Returns. I'm not saying she can't nail the role and make it her own, I am just referring to her overall look.

In regards to her signing a contract with Marvel. If she did indeed sign a multiple picture deal, or a standard deal with options, it is possible there is a clause in her contract that she can't be in another superhero flick for a certain period of time or without Marvels permission. Possible, but unlikely, considering she is not the lead, ie the hero himself.

It is much more likely Reynolds has such a clause and he wouldn't allowed to play Deadpool because of Lantern. Why would WB want their Green Lantern playing Deadpool?

I've not been too impressed with Portman in other roles, save for Closer. However, if she's as good as we've heard in "Black Swan", and if Aronofsky is going to be the one directing her again, then I think there is some real potential for her as Lois.

Natalie Portman would fail as Lois lane in the same way Bosworth did & it's got nothing to do with acting. She is simply to short & petite & skinny & soft looking to ever be Lois. Lois needs to be 5'11 on heels, with a strong frame, a healthy physique, a hardened attitude & the kinda girl who look physically like a girl who was raised by a general & could take care of bussiness when backed into a corner. Portman looks like a sweet Lana esque, girl next door type.

Steve

LOL @ General Thunderbolt Lane. Maybe they should go with Jennifer Connelly as Lois and Eric Bana as Superman.

I could live with Portman as Lois especially if it means they don't cast some giant fashion model meathead as Superman.

I don't see Portman as a decent Lois Lane. Good actress, yes, but she lacks that naturally zesty-fire in her eyes-spunky manner that Lois Lane should have.

Crap. She looks like an elf. And here I thought the last one was far too young.

if her acting in Revenge of the Sith is any indiction, than yes, she is a really bad choice for Lois Lane. Just like Superman, I think Lois Lane needs to be an unknown, kinda like how they got Erica Durance in Smallville

C'mon. YOu can't be serious about that.
Everyone in the SW prequels sleepwalked thru their lines.
By your logic Christopher Lee , Liam Neeson , Ewan McGregor are terrible actors. Never mind the fact that Lee gave amazing performances in LOTR or Burton's Sllepy Hollow. Liam Neeson is still high on geeks list when it comes to roles in (comic book) movies. And McGregor is a solid actor judging from his performances in flicks like Ghost Writer .

You can't Portman's performance on SW when she's given far more impressiove performance in other movies.

This rumor is totally piggybacks Arononsky's involvement too. So if Darren's out, then this rumor of Portman is out.

Me thinks that IF moviehole.com is right, and maybe Arononsky has thoughts of getting Portman to join but I'm sure hasn't been told squat about it. Then again, she did meet up with WB for Gravity. IF she chooses Gravity, then I think her chances are even higher than before.

All thanks to Black Swan.

Pretty much. I still the Jonah Nolan directing superman rumors just aren't true .

Edit. Here's one for the sites.
Try creating a rumor that Rachels Weisz is up for the role of Lois Lane.

I'm unsure about this 'scoop' primarily because if approached I doubt Portman, regardless of who's directing, would seriously want to portray another superhero love interest.

Natalie only chose to do THOR because of Branagh and, tellingly, because her character has a "career unlike the other ladies in these types of films". An actual comment which aside from being completely inaccurate suggests an actress whose reached a stage where she knows that taking such parts would typecast her.

If the rumor is true, then comic book movies are starting to be ridiculous.
It´s the same actors over and over again.

Ryan Reynolds - Blade III, Green Lantern, Deadpool
Chris Evans - Fantastic Four, Captian America
Natalie Portman - V, Thor, *Superman*

It´s just bad casting if you ask me (not that they are bad actors, but there are more actors out there)

I dont mind if someone is in say V for Vedetta or Watchmen or films that arent set within the mainstream Marvel/DC universe.
But I do get tired of Ryan Reynolds/Chris Evans and situations like that. Not that theyre bad for the job, but I get tired of it. It just has me thinking: Seriously there is no other actor that was good for the job
Im not gonna flip out and boycott the movie if it happens, but its like seeing Johnny Depp in every single Tim Burton movie. It gets boring to me

Isildur´s Heir;18977123 said:
If the rumor is true, then comic book movies are starting to be ridiculous.
It´s the same actors over and over again.

Ryan Reynolds - Blade III, Green Lantern, Deadpool
Chris Evans - Fantastic Four, Captian America
Natalie Portman - V, Thor, *Superman*

It´s just bad casting if you ask me (not that they are bad actors, but there are more actors out there)

You can't say though that those people aren't talented. I agree with you because I think they're not hired for their talent. At least not entirely. I think it's because sci-fi geeks, or geeks in general are seen as a collective. And if they love somebody for being in Star Wars... they will surely love them in anything. :whatever:

I like Natalie a lot, but just not for Lois, I'd much prefer Hathaway, who is a hell of an actress herself.

I like Natalie a lot, but just not for Lois, I'd much prefer Hathaway, who is a hell of an actress herself.
I just don't agree. I don't see Anne Hathaway has Lois Lane, even Rachael McAdams.

It has to be somebody embodies confidence, strong. I don't see that in either of them.

Oh, and both those actresses are too simple

Hmm...what about Kate Winslet as a possible Lois Lane candidate?

When it comes to Lois casting, it's going to come down to a solid actress in Hollywood and not some C-Lister or unknown that's for sure.

I dont know what you mean by C lister

but I dont think the person who plays Lois needs a big name (not that you said she has to be)

I dont know what you mean by C lister

but I dont think the person who plays Lois needs a big name (not that you said she has to be)

Nolan, Emma and whoever directs should be able to attract a solid actress for the role of Lois IMO.

Certainly not some unknown and don't expect someone like a Katie Holmes, Piper Perabu, or a Blake Lively type either.

Nolan, Emma and whoever directs should be able to attract a solid actress for the role of Lois IMO.

Certainly not some unknown and don't expect someone like a Katie Holmes, Piper Perabu, or a Blake Lively type either.
You mean the actress Nolan cast in Batman Begins? :oldrazz:

Blake Lively and Katie Holmes werent unknowns. Just TV actors

And please lets not start the whole TV actors=bad argument

Last edited:
Not much new to say, I guess. She was already V and Thor's love interest, but who cares? I agree with Showtime. Portman just reminds me a bit too much of Bosworth's Lois Lane, and I wasn't enthralled with that. I don't see her as Lois Lane, personally, just as I don't see Aronofsky as a great fit to direct a Superman movie. Could she play the role? Sure. Almost any good actress could. And is she a great actress? Possibly. But if that's what the criteria is, let's go get Meryl Streep and call it SUPERMAN BEYOND. I want someone who will inhabit the role, not just a good actress. I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world, though.

Last edited:
Natalie Portman would suck as Lois.
Thay should cast an adult not a 20 something year old child.
Lois is a woman not a girl:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"