Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
A theme, so there is one, cannot wait to hear it

I know I love that he said he's trying sone thing new for Man of Steel. I can't wait to hear the main theme.

Didnt he also say it was quite long. Maybe he means ala Batman where the score ia gradually introduced.

I dunno I took it it was just a long theme whereas Batman's theme in the Nolan's trilogy was a very short one. I do reckon they'll tease it throughout and when he finally dons the suit & takes flight it'll hit in full.

I recently went to a showing of the first Pirates of the Caribbean with the score performed live. There was a lot of vocal work in Zimmer's score that I never really noticed. Zimmer is really good at writing things that are really effective in adding texture or mood but don't take the foreground.

It starting to become pretty clear to me at least that JunkieXL's role within MoS score is pretty big. The guys seems to always be there with Zimmer.

JunkieXL just posted that Monday he will be done with MOS

I really REALLY wish they would give us a tease of it. Maybe 10/15 seconds.

A theme you say? :hmm Me likey and excited. :D

I hope not since his Batman theme imho was less than memorable. I mean the Joker and Bane had better themes than the titular character.

Batman didn't receive a theme (though the extended score have tracks titled Batman theme, but they are no where in the films), and I'd consider Molussus the closest thing to one. Quite honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Supes doesn't receive one either, but he absolutely deserves something more definitive than what Batman got.

Batman is obviously the more shadowy, wraith like character that can be hard to pin down. And if you do – like when the police searchlight hits the Tumbler in BB, he disappears. Much like his music, having different themes for different moods with no one concrete ‘this is the theme’ motif. That’s my thinking on it, anyway. With Superman is makes more sense for him to have a theme, given he’s a more up front, standing in the sun kind of guy. As long as it’s something regal and strong I’ll be happy.

Personally I love Batman's two note motif from TDKT. Just because it isn't long or melodic doesn't mean it's not worthy or great, it was a perfect fit for Nolan's Batman.

Personally I love Batman's two note motif from TDKT. Just because it isn't long or melodic doesn't mean it's not worthy or great, it was a perfect fit for Nolan's Batman.

Agreed

Btw isn't that the Batman theme where he comes back in Rises and the cops are after him? Its also in the first two movies

Agreed

Btw isn't that the Batman theme where he comes back in Rises and the cops are after him? Its also in the first two movies

Dont remember, but I dont see why people are having a hard time with picking up on Batman's theme. It runs throughout the entire trilogy and it's pretty damn blatantly used imo.

Think we'll hear a hint of the theme in the Super Bowl commercial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"