Natalie Portman in the running for Lois lane

I am 35 and I think I would be to young to play Lois

Natalie Portman would suck as Lois.
Thay should cast an adult not a 20 something year old child.
Lois is a woman not a girl:doh:

So... a 25 year old Superman and a 35 year old Lois Lane?

Margot Kidder was worse enough.

ummmm...then how old do you want the actress to be exactly? So you're saying that Zooey Deschanel is out of the running, along with the other suggestions?

Now I'm with you, I don't think Natalie is right for role because she lacks that spunk. I think Lizzy Caplan is better suited, and she' 26.

To me, these characters don't have a real age anyway. If they did, it depends of they're veterans in the roles, or it's barely a post-origin story. Either way, it just has to be convincing.

So... a 25 year old Superman and a 35 year old Lois Lane?

Margot Kidder was worse enough.

I like Margot. well in the first one, she was cute and was witty. Not beautfiul or stunning but attractive.

But in the later films, she didn't age too well and that 'breakdown' that she had in the 90s didn't help her image either.

Nolan, Emma and whoever directs should be able to attract a solid actress for the role of Lois IMO.

Certainly not some unknown and don't expect someone like a Katie Holmes, Piper Perabu, or a Blake Lively type either.

You do realize that long before gossip girl Blake Lively was getting critcal acclaim for her movie roles and now with The Town getting so much buzz again her name is thrown in there as a solid actress. Just b/c she's on some TV show you look down on don't think she's not a good actress.

You gotta start some where...Johnny Depp was in Nightmare on Elm Street than 21 Jump Street and look at him now. Look at Clooney or even Heath Ledger, who starred in 'Roar' and '10 Things I hate about you' (great movie btw)

I like 10 Things I hate About You lol

But yeah some of the biggest actors today started on TV or dreck movies

okay, old man.
lmao

But I actually wouldnt mind a really young Lois and Clark. Kind of have it be like Lois, CLark, and Jimmy vs the world. The "world" being older journalists that write them off as "kids".Have Lois being a wunderkind. I think that could be interesting

Blake's performsnce in The Town should but any of her doubters at ease she was superb.

Isnt she in Thor? Whats with people and casting the same ****ing actors in Superhero movies. Get someone fresh who hasnt been in a Superhero movie thats what I say

Eh, I don't really care about what marvel does. As long as they don't repeat actors in DC movies, I'm totally cool with it.

I haven't read the thread but I would have thought Portman being in Thor would rule her out? Besides, the rumour only exists because of the other rumour that Aronofsky's attached.

I love Natalie make many of you guys out there but as Lois I'm afraid I also have to decline on her being Lois too! Erica Durance has been amazing in the role on Smallville but it does need to be somebody else. I'm still gunning for Michelle Monaghan yet am hoping that the new screen Lois will resemble what Dana Delany amazingly brought to the Animated Series!!!

I still say Rose Bryne for Lois Lane. When I see her on Damages she just reminds me of her.

I'm still gunning for Michelle Monaghan yet am hoping that the new screen Lois will resemble what Dana Delany amazingly brought to the Animated Series!!!

Dana Delany would be an AMAZING live-action Lois Lane, not just her voice. Did you see her in Desperate Housewives? She has a catfight with Teri Hatcher.

When I see Superman and Lois in the comics I think of them in thare 40s. and that is how Id like to see them in a movie.

When I see Superman and Lois in the comics I think of them in thare 40s. and that is how Id like to see them in a movie.

Ummm.....ummmmm.....ummmm...okay. I don't know how to respond to this, to be frank. haha. It's so...[BLACKOUT]nerdy for my taste.[/BLACKOUT]

I do have to say that Superman and any comic book character are pretty much timeless, so I don't see Batman or Supes being at any age. Just like book/film characters like James Bond, Indiana Jones, Han Solo, Jack Sparrow, whomever.

Their age is irreverent, unless the story specifies it and makes it the theme (Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come or Peter Park during his high school days)

Last edited:
Octoberist if i understand your post you are talking if they mention their age.

i think others are saying that they want to see them in their 30's or 40's.that they look like they are that old. not that they say in the movie ''they are 40 years old''.

If it's relevent to the story, then sure, but in most cases, these characters are ageless in the comics. In film, it'll be different but just actors that are appropriate.

But the dude is saying: "When I see Superman and Lois in the comics I think of them in thare 40s. and that is how Id like to see them in a movie." Well the movie is not being made for him isn't it? There will be compromises for obvious reasons, so I guess all of the actors that have played Superman in the past has dissapointed Mr. Wesley.

My thing is this: I'm pretty open minded when it comes down to it but sometimes people are too stuck on what they want that they set themselves for disappointment again and again. You gotta be realistic about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"