Cinematography

I don't even care that the Iceberg Lounge scene is so reminiscent of Maroni's place in TDK visually, haha, it looks so very good.

Man I want to hear the music choice for that sequence too, you'd kinda figure it'll be a song rather than score. Go all dorky 80s-synthesizer house/techno or whatever, embrace the cheese.

Oh yeah, for sure. I kind of want to believe that Reeves is intentionally riffing on a lot of familiar moments from Batman's history in this film. I feel like that can add some resonance, while of course spinning off in different directions.

Got some Robocop vibes there too, not so much the camera work but the mood. Between that and the finale shot with Bats walking up to crashed Oswald, it's almost like Verhoeven played straight. And less insane.

ezgif-4-122c0e0c7d81.gif

So great to see Reeves taking inspiration from Robocop, Daredevil, Se7en…

I’ve mentioned it before, but I love how sparingly blue is used. Primarily kn the batmobile thrusters.

Agreed. Literally just hits you right in the face with the batmobile that way. It's genius

I noticed some splotches of blue throughout the trailer, but the overall palette does seem to highlight orange/red more.

It is pretty interesting how little green they've gone for, in a Riddler movie. Not a criticism though, the red gives a real intensity to this thing.

Could be they go a "different color theme each movie" approach like a lot of directors do. Second's all white in a winter-wonderland thing, or a blue tinge for another, green another time around.

If Freeze will be part of this, White/blue in almost the whole movie would be really cool to see.

But not dark blue like in tdk, but lighter.

It is pretty interesting how little green they've gone for, in a Riddler movie. Not a criticism though, the red gives a real intensity to this thing.

Could be they go a "different color theme each movie" approach like a lot of directors do. Second's all white in a winter-wonderland thing, or a blue tinge for another, green another time around.
Green wouldn't be bad, as it's Riddler's signature color, but it's so surprising the red theme... and it's working really well.

In fact, there's a pretty subtle green tint to the arrest scene in the trailer. Some analyzes on Youtube have also pointed it. I felt like it was a nice touch. It's a pretty drastic color and it looks like it will be used with restraint, just to give that little sense of coldness and decay.
Overall, I really love the palette Reeves is using for this movie.

Green wouldn't be bad, as it's Riddler's signature color, but it's so surprising the red theme... and it's working really well.
It's not green because this is not the Riddler movie, it is "The Batman".:oldrazz:

Red/orange/brown nighttime lighting is straight out of what many here consider to be Batman's previously most definitive adaptation:

35-best-episodes-of-batman-the-animated-series.jpg

MV5BNTk5NmFhYjUtYThiNS00NGIzLWI2YmQtMGU0MDllYjQzNDllXkEyXkFqcGdeQWpybA@@._V1_.jpg

114.jpg
PhantasmDS-Cropped.jpg

happy.png

It's not green because this is not the Riddler movie, it is "The Batman".:oldrazz:

Red/orange/brown nighttime lighting is straight out of what many here consider to be Batman's previously most definitive adaptation:

MV5BNTk5NmFhYjUtYThiNS00NGIzLWI2YmQtMGU0MDllYjQzNDllXkEyXkFqcGdeQWpybA@@._V1_.jpg

114.jpg
PhantasmDS-Cropped.jpg

happy.png

My heart will always skip a beat every time I see something out of Batman TAS. I love it so much.
Unsurprisingly, I'm incredibly excited about The Caped Crusader. We may not have seen anything at the Fandome but everything that has been said ... music to my ears!
Great selection of stills by the way!

114.jpg
PhantasmDS-Cropped.jpg

happy.png
Yeah but with a main villain like Riddler, wouldn't you expect a little more green? Not that I'm complaining, I just now realized the lack of green overall, but that's not bad. With those TAS images, it's even more clear the similarities, and it's just beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"