• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War Civil War Lopsided???

With Tonys upgrades, I dont know how Cap could beat him in a fight. It doesnt seem fair. Cap can kick and throw his shield, thats about it.

He took a jet down with his shield so it seems a pretty effective instrument. :o

Cap's greatest advantages though are that he's a tactical genius and a more skilled fighter.

He took a jet down with his shield so it seems a pretty effective instrument. :o

Cap's greatest advantages though are that he's a tactical genius and a more skilled fighter.

Where:
a) it hasn't really been effectively showcased in the MCU
and
b) a moot point if they go with the awful "I recorded your whole fighting style" gimmick the did in the comics.

Just being Devil's lawyer here, you know I would love to see Steve kicking the everliving crap out of Tony :woot:

i'm a little confused here what is wrong with wanting to help the police/feds ?

Well that depends on who you talk to...

There's a history of government agencies doing extremely shady things, and part of the argument against government sanctioned heroes is that it's a slippery slope to having superpowered jackboots.

The whole storyline in the 80's where Steve donned a black suit and changed his name to "The Captain" is because the government tried to pressure him into doing all sorts of shady black-ops stuff.

Tony has the advantage because he can blast Cap a bunch before he can do anything. He can also deflect his shield with his weapons or just fly around to not get hit. Hes not a huge jet that cant fight back.

Scott doesn't need to become Giant Man, in fact he shouldn't. Ant Man being small can wreak havoc on all of Stark's team.

One of Ant Mans best ways of fighting is going inside their suits and messing with the electronics.

Scott doesn't need to become Giant Man, in fact he shouldn't. Ant Man being small can wreak havoc on all of Stark's team.
The armoured ones are basically immune to anything he can do, except...

One of Ant Mans best ways of fighting is going inside their suits and messing with the electronics.

Not without going into the Quantum-verse. Remember how he easily went inside Yellowjacket's armour? Oh, that's because he couldn't. Until he used an incredibly dangerous maneuver that could have ended his existence.

I think Giant Man would bring an element Team Cap is lacking: brute force. Maybe it's not required but it would be a fresh addition.

Didnt Scott go inside Falcons pack and mess it up?

Yellowjacket had shrinking powers of his own and was wearing a suit derived from the same tech as Scott's, so it makes sense that it was much more difficult to fight him.

Unless Iron Man, War Machine and Vision have been studying Ant-Man and know enough about him to consider him a threat, I doubt they all have safeguards specifically to deal with him.

Scott will find some way to screw em up.

Didnt Scott go inside Falcons pack and mess it up?
You can't compare a glorified delta wing to nearly impregnable suits of armour.
Yellowjacket had shrinking powers of his own and was wearing a suit derived from the same tech as Scott's, so it makes sense that it was much more difficult to fight him.

Unless Iron Man, War Machine and Vision have been studying Ant-Man and know enough about him to consider him a threat, I doubt they all have safeguards specifically to deal with him.

I think I remember Yellowjacket simply spouting "it's titanium, dumbass" or something to that matter to Scott when he wasn't able to get inside. No special techno gubbinz. It was just well sealed and tough.

Scott will find some way to screw em up.

Remember Scott is good with electronics, and a smart guy. But the genius is Hank Pym. Without him, I can't see him devising any kind of technology able to deactivate one of Tony's suits.
And I'm sure he can't get inside by his own means.

You can't compare a glorified delta wing to nearly impregnable suits of armour.

I think I remember Yellowjacket simply spouting "it's titanium, dumbass" or something to that matter to Scott when he wasn't able to get inside. No special techno gubbinz. It was just well sealed and tough.

Remember Scott is good with electronics, and a smart guy. But the genius is Hank Pym. Without him, I can't see him devising any kind of technology able to deactivate one of Tony's suits.
And I'm sure he can't get inside by his own means.

Michael Douglas said he was open to doing a cameo. I'm hoping he helps Scott disarm Tony/War Machine's armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"