BvS Clark Kent The Reporter

The_Harvest

Civilian
Reaction score
Now that we've seen Clark Kent "the superhero". What are you expectations when it comes to his other side? I know the classical depiction of him corresponds to a mild-mannered (and sometimes clumsy) but competent news reporter.
clark.bmp

Do you see Snyder using that model or are we going for the opinionated but talented reporter of The New 52?
argument.jpg

Another point to consider is that Lois already knows his identity how will this change their competitive work relationship?

I'll just be happy to see any of Daily Planet Clark/the secret identity if it's even in it at this point.

Last edited:
I'm interested in how they're going to make Clark come off as a regular uninteresting joe.

With his physique and the fact that glasses don't really say geek or nerd these days, I'm having a hard time imagining him walking through the DP bullpen without every female and a few male employees staring at his hot bod.

My guess is he will wear oversized clothes so it doesn't show off his physique very well.

^^^^ Althought we didn't see an exagerated but yeah oversized clothes at the end of MOS, I think he's gonna wear oversized clothes and acting in a different way than when he has the costume.
I'm intrigued what is the new version of the Clark Kent reporter.

Last edited:
One of my concerns with this movie is that there won't be much of Clark the reporter. I was really looking forward to that after MOS's ending. Hope we still get some DP Clark.

Very interested to see what they do with this aspect of Clark.

Hopefully the Metallo kills Clark thing isn't true.

I would love to see a minute long shot of Clark at the Planet doing the most clumsy things, failing to work a printer, spilling coffee on his pants, etc.

something tonally like this would be awesome:
http://youtu.be/p7IireBsC3Q?t=2m21s

Last edited:
I'm not a fan if the clumsy slapstick cowardly Clark identity. If anything bumping into things and falling all over the place draws more attention to Clark.

I would rather Clark acted like a reserved, naive, dull country boy. A guy who seems so plain and uninteresting that you can't imagine he is Superman.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan if the clumsy slapstick cowardly Clark identity. If anything bumping into things and falling all over the place draws more attention to Clark.

I would rather Clark acted like a as reserved, naive, dull country boy. A guy who seems so plain and uninteresting that you can't imagine he is Superman.

I agree. It always annoyed me how far some of the comic book writers would take the clumsy stuff. I'm hoping to see a mild-mannered, and morraly right reporter who is out of touch with the metropolis lifestyle (the opposite of smallville).

Maybe he should play Woody harrelsons character on Cheers ;D

One of my concerns with this movie is that there won't be much of Clark the reporter. I was really looking forward to that after MOS's ending. Hope we still get some DP Clark.
I think this movie has some good reasons to use the DP Clark. Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor (research and investigation of a couple of reporters) :woot:

I honestly don't think we'll get much Daily Planet Clark, but I hope I'm wrong.

The thing that bothers me a tad about the reasoning for him to be a reporter, and why it works to keep his identity secret, is that if he were to really go some place dangerous, it would likely be some war zone on the other side of the planet.

If he's reporting on crime, he's going to the scene after the fact. And if he's always going to a place where Superman saves the day... dots would be connected very quickly.

I honestly don't think we'll get much Daily Planet Clark, but I hope I'm wrong.

I agree. I think we get some Daily Planet Clark (because the office dynamic is easy) but very limited "out in the field" reporting Clark.

The clumsy clark kent thing just doesnt work anymore.

Clark needs to be a field correspondent and Perry needs to be in on the secret for things to work.

Id like to see Kal use the clark kent reporter persona to get information in ways that he just cant do as superman. Getting conspiracy or inside info from informants or contacts at discrete locations, that kind of thing.

Clark Kent with a bent country/cap snapback and glasses. Also, make him part of the filming crew while Lois does the actual reporting/interviewing so that he's always behind the camera and no one would ever notice him.

It would be a cool scene if both Clark and Lois are at a fundraising event hosted by LexCorp. Clark is filming from the back while Lois is reviewing her questions. Lex is up at the podium making a charismatic speech then looks straight at the camera and calls out Superman.

And Clark is just like wow. Much intimidation.

Clark needs to be a field correspondent and Perry needs to be in on the secret for things to work.

Id like to see Kal use the clark kent reporter persona to get information in ways that he just cant do as superman. Getting conspiracy or inside info from informants or contacts at discrete locations, that kind of thing.

It'll be this. It's not going to be the cartoon "Show up to a burning factory with a camera and disappear to save the citizens" thing. It'll be him using his journalistic ability for information or access to particular things.

Would love if Perry and Clark have that unspoken "you know i know" thing that Fox and Bruce had in BB

Now that we've seen Clark Kent "the superhero". What are you expectations when it comes to his other side? I know the classical depiction of him corresponds to a mild-mannered (and sometimes clumsy) but competent news reporter.
clark.bmp

Do you see Snyder using that model or are we going for the opinionated but talented reporter of The New 52?
argument.jpg

Another point to consider is that Lois already knows his identity how will this change their competitive work relationship?

Lois looks like Robin Tunney here.

I would rather Clark acted like a reserved, naive, dull country boy. A guy who seems so plain and uninteresting that you can't imagine he is Superman.

Oh yeah!!! :up:

That's like saying Bruce Wayne's playboy persona would bring too much attention to Bruce, but you don't see Batfans complaining about that.

I think the slap-stick, overly clumsy Clark Kent is dated and not likely to be used.

I picture Clark as a normal, every-day sort of good guy, as opposed to an intergalactic, imposing sort of good guy. He might be awkward sometimes, but not a bumbling fool. He would be a quiet and reserved person, much like Cavill's pre-Superman Clark was in MOS.

I also think the Clark persona should have important things to do. He can do good in human ways while superman does good as only Superman can. I see him functioning similarly to Julia Robert's character in Erin Brockovich. He's just looking for a story to make this stringer thing work and stumbles upon a larger human-interest issue related to LexCorp. He'll have to interact with people and it will give Cavill a chance to show the subtle Clark persona. I see him gravitating towards stories that can help people and make a difference in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"