Clark Wants........ : Confirmed

Clark wears the glasses and is a reporter only in a few times like Whisper, Lexmas, and Noir(alternate realities for sure but still and he loves journalist and worked for a newspaper even) and saw some people like Green Arrow and Angel of Vengeance does it so why doesn

Did your typewriter run out of ink, or something? :huh:

I betcha Clark finds a way to mind-wipe everybody who knows about him using powers via Fortress of Solitude crystal.

to be fair i do feel sorry for the writers and the predicament they got themselves in by not having the glasses permanently. It is a really lame disguise and there is no logical reason it should work so writing it in all seriousness will be a challenge

to be fair i do feel sorry for the writers and the predicament they got themselves in by not having the glasses permanently. It is a really lame disguise and there is no logical reason it should work so writing it in all seriousness will be a challenge

I don't have a problem with Clark just starting to wear glasses. I didn't start wearing reading glasses until my sophomore year in college. Lots of people start even later.

The dilemma here is nothing new. We have always been asked to suspend logic and reason to accept that noone recognizes Clark and Superman as the same person. It has never made sense logically to assume that noone, especially Lois, "star investigative reporter," would not at some point recognize Clark as Superman.

Glasses and a bumbling, mild-mannered demeanor might be effective with the masses who do not work closely with or hang around with Clark but not his close associates. Glasses change your appearance but do not hide it so anyone looking closely should be able to figure out that Clark looks like Superman even if he doesn't act like him.

Al said in his interview with SFX mag that this issue hasn't ever been effectively addressed. It will be interesting to see if they come up with something good. As much as they have missed the mark IMO in some areas of their interpretation (which I just usually fanfank or deny), in other areas, I have thoroughly enjoyed their "new" take on things. So I am hopeful.

Well I'm curious to see just what excatly will they come up with .

So, After reading all of this, I'm trying to get my head around what they're gonna do "to go out big" ( As I'm sure I've read somewhere that Tom has said that they owe it to the fans to "go out big")
Now I read that there gonna 'bring in' the glasses. It's always puzzled me why Clark never wore them. (mind you, in Superman The Movie, the young Clark didn't wear then either)

Then I read..or heard that there would be no tights etc.

So, could this mean that the last shots we're gonna get of Smallville will be just the mild manner reporter guise? Sort of just see him walking into the DP as the Clark kent we all know? I for one, dearly hope not.

I came to Smallville only last year and although I've cought up, it's like a good read. Your desperate to get the end..but don't want to, coz it will be over. I just hope and pray that we [fans] get out just rewards.

The mind boggles!!:wow:

I hope he doesn't wear a costume. It will look lame on tv.

(From nx1701g(who is supposed to be a good source) on TrekBBS)

this gets my vote for WORST RUMOR EVER! :D

LOL He doesnt wear the glasses because he can see a gnat crap on a pin head three miles away. Why would he just start wearing them? He has no need for them until he has a motive to develop a disguise which will only be after he decides to "come out" as Superman.

I would really question anything this person has ever told you about Smallville. LOL

...He doesnt wear the glasses because he can see a gnat crap on a pin head three miles away...
OMG!
laugh.gif

That TOTALLY cracked me up!

If Clark starts wearing glasses on SV, it will most definitely be alternate identity-related. But I hope they put off the glasses angle as long as possible. I'd rather see Clark fly first. :oldrazz:

Wasn't the show's rule "No costume, no flying"?

So maybe they are giving in. The show is coming to an end and they are giving the fans what they want.

How would they explain it if it was glasses?
Everyone already knows he doesn't wear them.
(I always thought that episode where Clark is blinded
and then wears glasses would have been the perfect
opportunity to have Clark start wearing glasses full time.)

As for a superhero outfit, maybe Clark learns more about his Kryptonian home and his Super suit is actually a cerimonial (spelling?) clothing. Something the Son of Jor El would wear.
They could make it look both more alien and more realistic while still making it look like Superman's costume. (maybe it could even be made out of material sent along with him in his space ship.)

well part of the whole disguise is, hair slicked back, hunching a little bit to make himself seem shorter and the glasses. also in the comics, Supes says he "vibrates" his face whenever he knows there is a camera of some sort around, so the picture taker only gets a blurred picture. lame as hell, I know. I just wish they hadn't introduced Metropolis or made it so close to Smallville. If smallville is in Kansas, that would make you think Metropolis is actually kansas city when its based off of NY City. it would be easier to blend in or disappear in such a big city without Smallville being so close. Then all they would need to do is have Lex, Lois, and Jimmy be mind wiped. better than all of Smallville. per the comics Lana knows the secret.

Thats some of the stuff that I think he would have had to do all along really.
All someone would have to do is go back a few years in Clark's past and see he suddenly changed his whole appearence and character.
Because now Lex, Lois, Jimmy, Mr. White, and many others have already met Clark.

i really hope they go with an original way to keep clark and superman separate...

i'd happily even take something like hologram tech.

sticking to the old and traditional is a bit...lame....

time for a revamp i say...

^ I think they can easily have Martian Manhunter morph into Superman, that way everybody will think Clark and Supes are different people.

The memory superwipe is another option, but a lot of people whine of how is "not fair" and "sad" Clark's friends forget all their memories about him, who said life is fair anyway? Is just an emotional response from SV shippers most of the time.

Perhaps a later season could build up to the introduction of 'a Crisis'. Something that will shake up the planet and make Clark realise he is needed globally and not just in Smallville. The Crisis would involve all the heroes we've met so far, and some more. The consequences would lead to Zatanna agreeing to wipe minds from the horrors of those who saw the worst. In the minds of people like Lex, Clark's image is retrospectively altered and connections to weird events are removed.

His new costume and public arrival would mark the dawn of a new era (and possibly the final episode).

I dont see why Lex cant know or suspect Clark? They've done storylines like that in the comics numerous times and they've been really interesting b/c it puts them both on a more level playing field. Our Worlds at War was probably the most well done of them.

I have no problem with Lex knowing Clark is Superman, or Clark knowing that Lex knows.
But I don't like Perry White, Lois, Jimmy, and so on, knowing Clark doesn't wear glasses or what he looks like without them or something. Then when Superman shows up, and gets close enough to see his face, they know its Clark.

I have no problem with Jonn morphing into Superman and throwing people off, I even think they should have a scene where Clark's eyes get hurt from an explosion or something. Giving him a reason to HAVE to wear glasses.

I also am somewhat OK with the mindwipe thing, although that like those shows where the last episode has the character wake up and reveal all the show was a dream.
Wiping all of Clark's friends and co workers of their memories of him makes the show almost a waist. You watched the whole show and none of it mattered. Unless they sort of made it a point of "this was the journy of Clark to Superman and this is why no one remembers" sort of thing. Only done better.

In the world of Smallville fans, nothing generates a bigger buzz than the introduction of a new character from the DC Comics pantheon of characters. And with each new debut, either love or hate the character, opinions run strong.

The February 7th episode of Smallville, "Siren," sees the return of Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen (aka Green Arrow) -- and along with him, a certain pretty bird calling herself Black Canary (played by Painkiller Jane's Alaina Huffman). We had an opportunity to speak with Smallville guru, Al Gough, about the appearance of the butt-kicking bird of prey, and what it entails to bring in new DC characters.

What's the overall process for bringing an established DC Comics character into the Smallville-verse? Does a call on the part of Warner Brothers trump a call on the part of DC, or vice versa?

Al: It's our call, usually, if we want to bring somebody in, but then we have to make several calls to make sure we can actually do that -- and that call usually starts with Greg Novack at DC Comics. He's our point person there, and our advocate -- the one who gets us the permission to use these characters, whether it's the Justice League folks we used last year, Supergirl, and now Black Canary. Once we get the signoff from him, we're free to go about incorporating that character into the show.

Without spoiling too much of "Siren" away, how is Black Canary introduced into Smallville?

Al: She's introduced, actually, working for the wrong side. She's actually doing something for Lex, which puts her in the crosshairs of Oliver Queen -- and more importantly, the Green Arrow. We wanted to show the first meeting between Black Canary and Green Arrow -- as we like to describe it, "cute and slightly violent." So that was the setup: if she comes in, it should be the first time she meets Green Arrow.

"Siren." Click here to preview Black Canary's debut on Smallville.
What similarities and differences will we see in the Smallville Black Canary vs. the DCU version?

Al: I'll be honest with you, I'm not that familiar with her in the comics other than her basic information. She's got the "canary cry," she's got the fishnets, she kicks ass, and I think has a lot of attitude. I think she incorporates the basic tenets of the character from the comic, but I don't know where she stands in the continuity or anything like that at the moment, within the comics.

Before every new season of Smallville kicks off, there is always the raised hope of seeing the other two big guns from DC make some sort of appearance, whether it's a "Young Bruce Wayne" passing through town, or a teenaged Amazon princess assisting against a threat. Is there a hope at all of this ever happening?

Al: Bruce Wayne: No. Wonder Woman: Probably not, but we always ask. It's the movie franchises that prohibit us from doing that.

Can you explain in simple terms how the movie projects tie up the television series, when the properties and medium are both owned by the same corporation?

Al: They just do. We're just told that we can't use that character. It's a corporate decision. Again, Greg Novack at DC is our biggest advocate, and we've certainly run up the hill on both Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince, but haven't had any success so far. With Bruce Wayne, we won't because of the movie franchise, and that's sort of an arbitrary corporate decision that we have no control over.

Along that same vein, was it the rumor of a potential James Cameron "Aquaman" film that killed the chances for the Smallville Aquaman spinoff, Mercy Reef?

Al: No, that became, unfortunately, a victim of the UPN and WB demise, and the formation of the CW. We became a corporate orphan, so to speak. It was more a matter of unfortunate timing than anything else.

Are there plans for any other recognizable characters in the future? The Superman gallery of rogues is a little shallow, but there are still unused heavy hitters like Darkseid or Mongul.

Al: We're always looking, and we're always asking. There's nothing I can reveal at this point, but those things are always in process.

Obviously Tom Welling is getting older and Clark can't stay a young man forever. Are there any plans to develop Smallville into a live-action Justice League series, seeing as how the group has already been formed on the show?

Al: Well, they have a "Justice League" movie in development, which was moving forward, and now because of the writers' strike was sort of sidelined, so I'm not sure whether that's going to come back. But again, in the strange corporate world we live in, I think that would negate any Justice League series on our part, unfortunately.

Eventually Clark will become Superman. But given how things have transpired in Smallville, how will Clark avoid recognition by people who know him so well -- in particular, his former best friend, Lex Luthor?

Al: That will be the challenge when we wrap up the series -- although, we know how we want to do it. It'll feed into the Superman legend. Whether it will be a version people respond to remains to be seen. But we do have ideas as to how to wrap our version of Clark and Smallville into the Superman lore.

the writers have been talking about clark gettinga disguise for a wile now. i hope it happens cuz it would make the show even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"