Clint Eastwood's Captain Sully

Sully on top again this weekend with a projected total of 21.8 million. :yay:

Saw it today. I'm pretty sure I liked it. The dialogue was heavy handed and too sentimental at times, but the segments during the crash and the court scene towards the end were terrific. It was competently made, but probably could have used something in the scripting process to give it a little more punch.

The hearing scene was silly. Did the NTSB really try to railroad and turn Sully into a scapegoat? I don't believe that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1ddc8a724bb_story.html?utm_term=.dfa3ce25cb00

If they hadn't had made the NTSB mustache twirling villains the movie wouldn't have had an antagonist I guess.

The way it's done in the movie, the NTSB are basically out to get Sully and blame him for what happened. Because someone has to get blamed for the incident I guess, and you can't blame birds. And if Sully doesn't figure out the right slam dunk legal argument, his career is over and he will be held responsible. Everyone's just doing their job, but so is the NTSB.

Sorry, but this aspect of the film didn't work at all IMHO and makes a lot of the movie fall apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"