Clint Eastwood's Captain Sully

Not sure where I read it, but , I saw an article that said Eastwood became interested in Sully's story when he heard what happened to Sully After the incident with the geese .

Sully - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKEXxO2KNE

CmJ9NoWWQAIDg3C.jpg:large

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but am I the only one feeling like they're overdramatizing the hell out of this story? I mean, I haven't done thorough reading about the aftermath, so feel free to tell me otherwise, but I just feel like the drama-dial for this event was set at, like, 3 and then Clint walked in and was like "Let's turn this f***er up to 11."

Yeah I don't know much about the story other than it happened so I can't comment on how much the movie is dramatized.

It looks pretty good. Nothing special. I will do some digging to see more about the story

EDIT: So i know it's not the most reputable source, but I just perused/skimmed the Wikipedia page. I mean there was an investigation and Sully suffered some PTSD for a few weeks. I think the PTSD angle is good enough to sustain something of a story. And just an "average joe" being hit with so much celebrity.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but am I the only one feeling like they're overdramatizing the hell out of this story? I mean, I haven't done thorough reading about the aftermath, so feel free to tell me otherwise, but I just feel like the drama-dial for this event was set at, like, 3 and then Clint walked in and was like "Let's turn this f***er up to 11."
Yeah I see where you are coming from.

/\ Seconded on the whole 'Flight' thing, seems oddly like a sequel. It looks like it will be good - Hanks and Eastwood, but it leaves me questioning what this film could possibly offer that Zemeckis and Denzel didn't?

/\ Seconded on the whole 'Flight' thing, seems oddly like a sequel. It looks like it will be good - Hanks and Eastwood, but it leaves me questioning what this film could possibly offer that Zemeckis and Denzel didn't?

More time to sleep?

This looks like a snooze fest. I just don't see how this could be a movie. Maybe there's stuff I don't know about, but the whole point of this incident was that it was just a guy doing his job. To make a movie about a guy just doing that kind of makes it look like he's more than what he never claimed to be. It's just a problem this country has of making heroes out of people who don't want it. Maybe they'll go into this, and Eastwood went into this with Flags of Our Fathers in a well done manner, but it just seems like such a Hollywood idea this won't sustain itself unless they cracked a way to do it. For now I'll just stick with Flight.

I'm confused why saving 200 people is a bad thing? How could a movie offer a counterpoint to that?

"He's a hero who saved the lives of 200 people... OR DID HE?"

Is it a weird take on The Langoliers where he flies the plane into a rip in time, where everything that's good is bad?

This movie looks like it's encouraging you to never be a hero. If I were Sully I would've just nosedived into a playground like a boss.

I'm a fan of Clint and Hanks but this looks dull and miserable.

I guess it looks... compelling enough. I mean, it's likely going to be well made considering those involved. But as everybody's been saying -- It feels a little redundant after Flight, and kind of like a kick in the guts to the whole heroism thing... Even if it is realistic. Like if Apollo 13 had been all about "who ****ed up and how?!" side of things rather than the "Let's get these men home" angle.

This didn't need to be a movie in the first place. There's just not enough there.

They're going to use a lot of unnecessary drama to stretch a moment into a movie.

Not sure if the water is supposed to look terrible there.

Saw this poster when i went to see Independence Day last week. I had to take a second look because i thought it was Anderson Cooper!:D

Like others i don't know if that moment is interesting movie material. But with the talent involved and the fact that it was shot almost entirely with IMAX cameras (i'm sucker for that) i think i might check it out.

Yeah I don't know much about the story other than it happened so I can't comment on how much the movie is dramatized.

It looks pretty good. Nothing special. I will do some digging to see more about the story

EDIT: So i know it's not the most reputable source, but I just perused/skimmed the Wikipedia page. I mean there was an investigation and Sully suffered some PTSD for a few weeks. I think the PTSD angle is good enough to sustain something of a story. And just an "average joe" being hit with so much celebrity.

The investigation in real life was the standard investigation as to why the plane failed. This movie is trying to paint an additional investigation into Sully himself as if there was a full fledged attempt to discredit him.

This looks like a well budgeted Lifetime movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"