• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloak & Dagger Cloak and Dagger General Discussion

Yep, Olivia Holt is certainly adorable

neutrogena-olivia-holt-c8d814e1-2f90-4770-921e-1da429ed3040.jpg

Olivia Holt. Well Debby Ryan was way off. Just goes to show those earlier casting rumors were BS.

Those two do seem to fit the part, but I can't deny I'm a little disappointed the original rumor wasn't true. Hopefully Marvel can find a role for those two elsewhere. And hey, if Zendaya really does turn out to be just a girl named Michelle, then there's still a chance for Debby Ryan as MJ!

Those two do seem to fit the part, but I can't deny I'm a little disappointed the original rumor wasn't true. Hopefully Marvel can find a role for those two elsewhere. And hey, if Zendaya really does turn out to be just a girl named Michelle, then there's still a chance for Debby Ryan as MJ!

I'm fine with these choices. I think it's better they skew a little younger.

She was my choice for Crystal but she probably is a better fit for Dagger.

I think Ryan is a better fit for Crystal than Mary Jane. I think it's fine for Crystal to be early 20's-ish instead of late teens.

We now have a director and casting announcements. I hope SHH opens a thread for Cloak and Dagger soon. Also, they need to open one for Hulu's Runaways.

Surfer

We now have a director and casting announcements. I hope SHH opens a thread for Cloak and Dagger soon. Also, they need to open one for Hulu's Runaways.

Surfer

Was Runaways straight to series or a pilot order?

According to Deadline their is an order for a pilot plus additional scripts with an eye towards a full season being given the greenlight. I have confidence Marvel will make it happen.

Surfer

It was a pilot order plus additional scripts, which is a half-step from a series order. They've ordered more scripts after the pilot but haven't 100% committed to filming them. It's almost a sure thing but it's not quite.

Yep, Olivia Holt is certainly adorable

neutrogena-olivia-holt-c8d814e1-2f90-4770-921e-1da429ed3040.jpg
Yes, she is very adorable :) I actually like them very much as Cloak and Dagger! Besides, as is constantly stated by so many, Marvel has done a good job with the castings, so I have full faith this is perfect. Doesn't hurt that Olivia at least is quite popular already, which means her name alone could bring in many young viewers.

Now getting back to Cloak and Dagger. I do not know the actors, but I would say they did a good job getting characters that look the part. Sure they might look a little younger then what I think of as representing the characters, but I could say the same for Tom Holland. But I know these characters will grow from teenagers to young adults with the rolls, which is kind of how it was in the comics anyways. I mean Peter Parker started in High School, but eventually the stories got away from him being in High School and focused on him being a young man working as a photographer for the Newspaper. My point is that if people feel they should be represented in their 20's well they will get there. However, their origins were surrounded around the idea of them being runaway teens. So their casting seems appropriate. Also, I hear a lot of people saying it's going to be crap because it's on Freeform, but the thing is Marvel TV makes the shows not Freeform. I mean sure Marvel might cater to the audience that watches Free form, in the same way the shows on Netflix might be more violent then those on ABC. However, I still feel the quality of all Marvel shows has been present regardless of the network. So, I have every reason to believe with Marvel behind things that this show will be great as well.

Surfer

Dunno about all the shows. Agent Carter's second season, while good, leaves a lot to be desired. And then there's SHIELD still somehow drudging along. Other than that, yes, it's all been stellar quality.

Olivia Holt? I'm pretty sure she was in a Disney sitcom.

This was her

[YT]aFAoYBbnQ9M[/YT]

Anyway, she looks the part.

Disney Channel has a very specific style for how they want people to act, so it's hard to get a feeling from that.

I'm not against Disney Channel actors or actresses in Marvel. They've already begun using them anyway with the likes of Zendaya in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

I hope they have their costumes in this and that it's more similar to some of the CW DC shows than to Agents of SHIELD or to the Netflix Marvel shows.

Yeah, if Cloak doesn't have his CLOAK and hood...I will be sad.

So are we going to get a forum for this?

This is further along than Marvel's Most Wanted.

Well the show won't be out until 2018. So IMHO, no rush.

Inhumans isn't out for a while either is it?

And neither is Marvel's Most Wanted. :o

I mean, Inhumans is supposed to premiere this September in IMAX theaters. September was what was announced.

Will it make that release period? No idea.

To be fair Iron Fist got his forum years ago and that's not even out yet

Riverdale, Powerless, and Legion just got their forums last week and they premiere(d) last week, two days from now, and next week. This will probably get a forum with the next batch of updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"