Collider Videos Cancels MovieTalk, Jedi Council, and Heroes

Saw only bits during years but when all the people on the show have the same opinion and like 99% of all franchise movies... Thor 2 and they all gave it like 9/10 or something. LOL. Of course people would eventually stop watching.

I just caught up on Campea’s rant. That little **** at Collider who posted that tweet mocking the situation should be fired. It’s these type of people who have weaselled their way into these places that are another issue.

Collider has always been trash to the point of parody. Stuckmann, RLM, and Andy the Maniacal Cinephile are all I really need.

Colider owner Marc Fernandez thought well enough of Mark Reily to have the man as a co-host with him for Colider’s second Star Wars show, “Rule Of Two” and Fernandez seemed to get along really well with him, and he still fired the guy. To paraphrase what Robert Meyer Burnett says about the entertainment industry, “it’s not called show friends, it’s called show business.” Being friendly with your boss still doesn’t prevent you from losing your job which is why it would be advisable go have a backup plan in case a situation like this rears it’s ugly head when working for a corporation like Colider. I’m glad Reily has his own You Tube channel and already started his Patreon. He’s going to need those for a while, same for rest of the employees who were laid off.

Last edited:
i always much preferred schmoes know than collider movie talk its why i still rock with harloff

the problem with collider's video channels for me is they always felt too polished and corporate while harloff and his gang truly felt like a bunch of friends just having fun and talking about film,tv,etc.

The writing was on the wall. The channel was suffering a painfully slow death with it's bad management.

Fandom Entertainment is pretty atrocious as well, but they are buffered by Screen Junkies. Red Letter Media used to be my thing, but like most Youtube channels that get a bigger audience over time, it lost it's charm and became too annoying.

I’m watching Marc Fernandez’s youtube address of the whole thing and this poor guy seems like a nervous wreck :funny:

Why would anyone watch Campena? He pretty much relays what trades like Variety are saying. Only he draws it out to one hour. Whereas Variety you can read in three minutes.

Do people hate reading that much? So much so that you would watch a middle aged, avatar of mediocrity prattle on for hours on end? He doesn't even say anything remotely insightful. Ever.

He always has these melodramatic headlines. About how he found out the cinematic equivalent of the arc of the covenant. But when he tricked you into clicking it, he spends five hours to arrive to a point a five year old could've made.

I only ever really liked Harloff and Ellis' movie reviews. Once those stopped I lost most of my interest

Check out the Schmoedown Entertainment Network. That's where you have the Schmoedown as well as Harloff and Friends goofing off.

Fernandez might have delayed the inevitable, however, he ultimately just burned the house down while pouring gasoline onto the fire.

Why would anyone watch Campena? He pretty much relays what trades like Variety are saying. Only he draws it out to one hour. Whereas Variety you can read in three minutes.

Do people hate reading that much? So much so that you would watch a middle aged, avatar of mediocrity prattle on for hours on end? He doesn't even say anything remotely insightful. Ever.

He always has these melodramatic headlines. About how he found out the cinematic equivalent of the arc of the covenant. But when he tricked you into clicking it, he spends five hours to arrive to a point a five year old could've made.

Kinda an odd post

1) You’re criticizing him for something that pretty much every one does. Everyone uses melodramatic or eye catching headlines, graphics, or something. Double Toasted, Screen Junkies, etc. And it’s not just film YT channels. It’s called clickbait. Unfortunately everyone does it to get clicks on their links.

2) When it comes to film news most YT pundits and even sites just regurgitate what trades or other scoop sites post...

3) Some people prefer to read than watch. Same thing with sports news, regular news, etc. It’s not that weird or out of the ordinary so I don’t get why bring it up when it comes to him. It’s not because a hate of reading, some people just prefer it.

I think some of y’all take this too seriously…
“A middle aged avatar of mediocrity”? It’s not that deep.

Check out the Schmoedown Entertainment Network. That's where you have the Schmoedown as well as Harloff and Friends goofing off.
Just subscribed to them recently. its good to see the old crew back on there, although i never really watch all of the live streams. I usually watch the "clips" they release for segments.

I’m watching Marc Fernandez’s youtube address of the whole thing and this poor guy seems like a nervous wreck :funny:
I honestly thought the whole thing was super awkward and he was mostly rambling on, and namedropping the people who were let go, and there was a point where he was tearing up — which at first I assumed it was because he was simply sad about the situation but apparently it was because he just found out his friend died live when he was looking at his texts.

Honestly I’d rather he had just released a statement via social media addressing the fan backlash and changes, or done a fan Q&A on reddit or something. I appreciate his willingness to interact with the fans who mostly are angered with him over the cancellation of these shows, but this was just a mess.

Last edited:
Just subscribed to them recently. its good to see the old crew back on there, although i never really watch all of the live streams. I usually watch the "clips" they release for segments.

Same. I saw a little bit today, John Rocha was on the live stream.

I honestly thought the whole thing was super awkward and he was mostly rambling on, and namedropping the people who were let go, and there was a point where he was tearing up — which at first I assumed it was because he was simply sad about the situation but apparently it was because he just found out his friend died live when he was looking at his texts.

Honestly I’d rather he had just released a statement via social media addressing the fan backlash and changes, or done a fan Q&A on reddit or something. I appreciate his willingness to interact with the fans who mostly are angered with him over the cancellation of these shows, but this was just a mess.

Holy s*** really?

Holy s*** really?
Yes. Roxy said she heard this when she was doing a live-chat. That’s why Fernandez took a two minute break during the livestream. I’m no fan of Fernandez but I offer nothing but my deepest condolences.

John Campea is going to forego his normal format tomorrow in oder to have an interview with Marc Fernandez. Paraphrasing Campea "In the very least, it should be interesting".

John Campea is going to forego his normal format tomorrow in oder to have an interview with Marc Fernandez. Paraphrasing Campea "In the very least, it should be interesting".

So Robert Meyer Burnett will not be on tomorrow?

So who all got fired? Based on the videos I would assume John Rocha, Mark Reilly, Roxy Striar, Emma Fyffe, Jay Washington, Coy Jandreau (and I would assume Amy Dallen was fired too), Ken Napzok and Ace Cabrera. Am I missing anybody?

Some of them used to work over at Popcorn Talk/Afterbuzz so maybe some go back there?

Last edited:
Coy is still employed doing his comic book shopping thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"