Comic Artist Mark Spears

MarkSpears said:
I really appreciate that. I am going to get some samples together within the next two weeks. So hopefully I will get work on a book for Marvel or DC soon.
That's great to hear. You certainly have the talent. I'd enjoy to see artwork like yours on a monthly book. It'd be a nice change of pace from most of the current artists today.

Amazing work Spears, truly amazing:up:

Holly **** !!! I think you are inspiring me to get my pen and paper out and do some work tonight

The Hurricane said:
Holly **** !!! I think you are inspiring me to get my pen and paper out and do some work tonight

Haha. Thats great! Glad to hear I'm doing some good.

Here is another one I thought I'd share....

aayla212.jpg

OMG. Is that like the best Twi'lek in Star Wars ever, Aayla Secura? AHHHHH.

-dies of gasm-

I was crushed to see her killed so swiftly without the chance to fight back in ROTS.

your anatomy skills are flawlesss, Twi,lek is georgeus

JustABill said:
OMG. Is that like the best Twi'lek in Star Wars ever, Aayla Secura? AHHHHH.

-dies of gasm-

I was crushed to see her killed so swiftly without the chance to fight back in ROTS.

I hated to see her get killed. They never said if she was blue all over.... :(

Hot. Nice. Don't think it looks much like Carrie Fisher, but yeah. It's still nice.

JustABill said:
Hot. Nice. Don't think it looks much like Carrie Fisher, but yeah. It's still nice.

I'm trying for a similiar likeness, yet still my own style. I don't want it to look like a photo copied of her but a drawing that still can be recongized as Leia. Hope it accomplishes that.

lol Mark you are just all over the boards, first I see you at Staute forum now here. lol

You can definitely tell it's Laya, but I think the jaw makes her look just a bit manly . . .

Maybe it's not the jaw, per se, but there's something about the drawing that makes her seem like a drag queen . . . not dissin the drawing . . . just my opinion . . .

Wow, I see a lot of the Buscema's in your style. Would you credit them as inspiration? I grew up on the 'Marvel House Style' so this is a blast from my childhood. You've brightened this guys day. Thanks.

campbell551 said:
Wow, I see a lot of the Buscema's in your style. Would you credit them as inspiration? I grew up on the 'Marvel House Style' so this is a blast from my childhood. You've brightened this guys day. Thanks.

The Buscema brothers are two of my biggest influcenses. Them along with Curt Swan, John Byrne, Neal Adams and many others. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.

Jack Bristow said:
Maybe it's not the jaw, per se, but there's something about the drawing that makes her seem like a drag queen . . . not dissin the drawing . . . just my opinion . . .

I guess thats the trouble in trying to make it look like someone yet keep it in my style. Carrie has a slendor long face and more of a flat chin than rounded. Thanks for the comments.

MarkSpears said:
I guess thats the trouble in trying to make it look like someone yet keep it in my style. Carrie has a slendor long face and more of a flat chin than rounded. Thanks for the comments.

Absolutely; I think Carrie Fisher was gorgeous as Princess Laya, but she's not your 'stereotypical beauty'; her features are very subtle, so it's hard to achieve her allure with a minimal application media such as pen and ink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"