Comic books that should be tv series

The Cocreator

Civilian
Reaction score
With successfull tv series based on comic books like smallville and human target what other comic book do you guys think would make great tv series?
Give some ideas how the story should be structured.

The first i think would be great is X-Men, there's another thread on this forum that has more great ideas of how it should be like.

The secound is the Golden Age of Marvel, just imagine it,
Marvel%2BMystery%2BComics%2B09.jpg

The show would be about the first Marvels, it would take elements of the original comics, the Marvels mini-series and the Marvel Progect mini-series, it would see the 30s and 40s in the point of view of the marvels ( Android Human- Torch, Namor and Angel) and the point of view of the people (Phil Sheldon) as they live the every day life with fear, each episode could be about a character or an event, and some would lead to the eventual clash between Human-Torch and Namor in the middle of the show.

Cast of Characters:
Phil Sheldon
phil1.gif

He acts at first as the main character, however as the series progresses with it's other characters progressing too he shares the spotlight with the other characters as the its about every character and not only one of them.

Jim Hammond (Human-Torch)
phpthumb-php.jpg

When he first appears on the pilot episode he doesn't speak, however after the 2nd episode he begins to demonstrate more feelings and becomes one of the most human characters of the show, trying to seek redemption over the death of his creator and a way for people not to fear him.

Namor the Sub-Mariner
namor.jpeg

Namor is the son of the queen of Atlantis and a human captain, he vowed to create war agains human kind for what they did to their oceans, he's characterisation could be similar to the one with mr. Spock, he thinks that he doesn't have feelings but deep inside he has. Namor even finds peace with some humans.

Thomas Halloway
150px-Thomas_Halloway_(Earth-616).png

He grew in a prison learning everything he could about the underworld of crime, some years later, while he tried to lead a normal life he was given by a dead Rawhide Kid his pistol and became the masked vigilantee with no rules kiling if necessary.

Daredevil

Checkmate

Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD

Thunder Agents

The Doom Patrol

Dr. Strange

Sandman Mystery Theater

I don't even read comics but I looked into The Runaways and that coud possibly work.

Last edited:
Preacher on HBO. Would probably have been awesome.

The Punisher

Green Arrow

Blue Beetle and Booster Gold could make for a fun comedic/action tv show.

I think The Spectre would be an awesome series. Make it a mix of crime drama and horror and it has the potential to be awesome.

Perhaps pitch it as Law & Order meets Super Natural.

Tales from the Crypt needs to return!,Punisher&Spawn(live-action this time)would be my other choices.

The Defenders - I was so disappointed when the current T.V. series by that name did NOT have Dr. Strange, Valkyrie, Hulk, etc.

Wasn't there a thread like this already?
Punisher could work, very minimal budget, just lots of explosions.
Power Pack for the kids, animated maybe.
Moon Knight may still be in production same as Cloak and Dagger.
Some of the pulp heroes like Shadow, a better version of the Phantom, Doc Savage to name a few.

Scalped
Scalped
Scalped
Scalped
Scalped
Scalped
Scalped
Scalped

and.......

Scalped

I'd like to see an Authority television show on Starz or HBO.
Nick Fury: Agent of SHEILD could be an amazing spy show, and it seems within the budget constraints of a television show.
Adam Strange could be an interesting television show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"