Comic Books You'd Like to See Become TV Shows

Some really great suggestions here. I definitely would LOVE to see a Punisher series. I think that one might actually happen if Daredevil does well.

Hmmm... could it happen? I mean, if the TV and movie versions of the Marvel universe never directly crossover... why not, right? Grillo would be perfect. I've heard he pretty much plays the Punisher in that new Purge movie.

In the meantime, reverting back to my original post in this thread, I picked up the first few issues of that X relaunch. It's a bit more brutal and (at times) more realistic than the original one and reaffirms my thought that it could make a great series on a network that has some balls. Some thoughts on casting, because why not...

Philip-Winchester-in-STRIKE-BACK-Episode-306.jpg

x23_zps00142655.jpg

Philip Winchester for X. X is a tricky character because you need someone who can be stoic AND a bit psycho. And of course you needs someone who looks like he could take out 15 guys without breaking a sweat. I've seen enough of Winchester on Strike Back to believe he checks all of the boxes. And since that show is coming to an end soon, he'll be looking for work. I've suggested Winchester for a number of roles--the guy just looks like he came out of a superhero factory--hopefully it will happen sooner or later.

jena-malone-fallon-appearance-02_zpsa47ef218.jpg

3247786-x-3cover-artjpg-30c257_610w_zpsdd761aea.jpg

Jena Malone for blog reporter Leigh Ferguson. You need someone who can be brainy yet sexy and deliver witty banter despite having her life constantly on the line. And if the show follows the new series closely, Leigh will essentially be the main character; she's basically the point-of-view character for most of the series. So you need someone who an really connect to an audience. Malone has been around for a while and made a big splash recently with her appearance in the second Hunger Games film. She's recognizable and charismatic, but not a huge star. I think she'd be perfect.

index_zps6ab0dc4e.jpg

137c_zps49e26ace.jpg

Patrick Wilson for Gamble. Famously the only person to ever escape X's "two strikes" rule, Gamble is a ruthless hired gun who enjoys the hell out of his line of work. He's basically what the Joker would be like if he was a normal-looking hitman. Wilson is no longer locked up to play a villain in Ant-Man so maybe he'd be an option. Not 100% sure about this casting though... not sure if Wilson is witty enough to pull it off.

Has anyone suggested the Runaways yet? They'd be a great fit for an ongoing TV show imo.

Also, a GOOD Birds of Prey show could be fantastic.

An Elektra show spinning out of the DD Netflix one.

Heroes for Hire starring Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones (just combine their three shows into one after the Defenders airs).

A Nightwing show could be really cool.

Zatanna: The Mistress of Magic.

Last edited:
SHAZAM! (yes, I know there may be a movie with The Rock in it, DON'T CARE, there can be both!)

I have 32 scripts written (no, seriously, I do.) featuring a bunch of magical and cosmic DCU characters. Including ones that most likely won't be in Constantine. And if they put it on the CW, it'll create a new kind of Trinity along with Arrow and Flash!

On network television, I'd go with The Runaways. On Netflix or a premium cable channel, I'd do Punisher or Blade.

Obviously, it's pure speculation on my part, but I've been thinking about what either the Arrow team or Geoff Johns said about the show not using Ted Kord because they had other plans for him. And, sure he could appear somewhere in the films they have planned or maybe they're still attempting to make a series for the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, but I've been thinking it'd be cool to see a series playing off what Grant Morrison is going in Multiversity: Pax Americana on one of the cable networks.
Pax Americana
The fourth one-shot, illustrated by Frank Quitely, Pax Americana takes place on Earth-4 and features characters from Charlton Comics. It has been described by Morrison as "if Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons had pitched the Watchmen now, rooted in a contemporary political landscape." Rather than the Cold War focus of Watchmen, the title's focus will be international terrorism and conspiracy in a world of superheroes. The story will be told with an 8-panel grid, similar to Watchmen's 9-panel grid layout. The story is based around musical harmonics, as each world in the Multiverse vibrates at a different frequency, with Quitely explaining, "music, and vibration… musical vibrations, the octave, the eight as a repeated motive, and creating patterns leading the eye around the page in a specific way." Morrison describes Pax Amaricana as his Citizen Kane. The Captain Atom of this universe had been introduced in Final Crisis, that world's analogue to Superman. Morrison describes The Question as "a little bit like Rorschach but absolutely nothing like Rorschach." Peacemaker is described as a good guy, but assassinates the President of the United States. The story revolves around the assassination, and the failures on part of the Charlton characters.
BtqkreVCUAEILyu.jpg

tumblr_min582fOYX1qa9m0zo2_500.jpg

tumblr_min582fOYX1qa9m0zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_min582fOYX1qa9m0zo4_1280.jpg

I think there would be something really interesting about that for a series. Sort of manipulate our actual history with the existence of these heroes and take a look at them in the modern world. I guess I'll have to wait and see what he does in the comic, but I'd be into that.

Shoot, FX couldn't make Powers work, maybe they'd take a shot at this.

If Sony wants too expand the spiderman brand why not go with noir TV show
netflix or psn
spiderman-noir.png

Maybe I just missed it but how has no one said Y: The Last Man yet? Was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Ideally on HBO. It's a shame Once Upon a Time came out because Fables would have made for a hell of a tv show too. Also, probably cheating a bit but I'd love to see X-Files Season 10 adapted. So far they've done a great job with it.

I like how it's somehow Once Upon a Time's fault that there's no Fables series. There was a nine year gap between Fables getting started and OUAT's premiere. If there's no Fables series, it's because of a general lack of trying.

WB really needs to get the ball rolling on that. Tv show or movie franchise, it is to good of a series for them not to do.

I like how it's somehow Once Upon a Time's fault that there's no Fables series. There was a nine year gap between Fables getting started and OUAT's premiere. If there's no Fables series, it's because of a general lack of trying.

I never said it was their fault. I'm just saying there isn't a chance in hell it will ever happen now which is a shame because Fables in my opinion is far superior.

Just remembered 100 Bullets. Doesn't WB own HBO? I feel like they are sitting on a gold mine with the Vertigo imprint.

WB is sitting on a lot of money not doing anything with it. I suspect with them being the 3rd/4th in the bizz now they may want to jump on the comic bandwagon some more.

WB is sitting on a lot of money not doing anything with it. I suspect with them being the 3rd/4th in the bizz now they may want to jump on the comic bandwagon some more.

I zombie, gotham,Constantine,flash,arrow,preacher,dmz,scalped..:whatever::whatever:

Watching the Big Hero 6 trailer, I keep thinking, "I could go for some Power Pack."

I'd prefer it to be animated though. Little kids in live-action is super impractical. If they did a movie, they could throw in a cameo or two from other heroes voiced by the MCU actors.

ooooh ahhhhh tell me more.

I'm mainly talking about movies since those are where the $$$$ at.

Eh, I could care less about movies, especially when it comes to Vertigo adaptions. TV is more interesting and inventive now than about 90% of anything coming out of Hollywood. The fact of the matter is comics theoretically are a better fit for tv anyhow because of the serialized format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"