Books You'd Like To Become TV Shows

queendarkness12

The Queenmaker
Reaction score
This is a response to the thread "Comic Books You'd Like to See Become TV Shows". There a lot of comic book to TV adaptations on the way and currently on TV right now.

What about books to TV adaptations?

They have become successful, since Game Of Thrones is the most popular and successful show in the world, besides The Walking Dead.

Books to TV adaptations are successful and popular because of shows like The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Witches Of East End, The 100, Gossip Girl and True Blood.

Are there any others books that can be made into TV shows? :word:

My suggestion will be Darren Shan's Demonata Series.

The Walking Dead and American Horror Story have paved the way for horror shows to be successful and popular with the general audience.

This series has been a favourite of mine, since secondary school. It's got a lot of awesome characters and rich mythology to explore.

I'd also like to see a Percy Jackson and The Olympians animated series, which is in the vein of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend Of Korra.

Since the movies failed, why can it not be a TV series. A lot of people would be interested in Greek mythology and their are a lot of colourful characters people will end up liking.

I'd like to see The Saga Of Darren Shan books to made into a TV Series, since it failed on film.

A TV show would be better because of how the characters are being developed. A lot of people would be open-minded for some really badass vampires.

Eventually Harry Potter, not yet though, too soon. I'd rather see the book series retold on TV than reboot the movies.

I second Harry Potter, even some original stories centered around the Aurors or anything else expanding that universe would be great. The Dune book series should eventualy get a proper adaptation on tv.

James Bond has a lot of potencial for TV, would like to see Fleming's run being eventualy adapted as a period piece.

Anyone knows about the Mushashi novel?

MusashiNovel.jpg

There's an amazing manga adaptation of it too:

Vagabond-Volume-34.jpg

I would love to see a tv project that centered around Myamoto Musashi's life while basing it upon the novel, manga and real accounts. Possibly with some visuals stylisation in the vein of what Spartacus did (in order to make it look similar to the manga in some parts, not to exagerate on the blood and gore), but hopefuly with better effects and writting.

The Dark Tower could also be interesting.

-Lone Wolf and Cub.

-Dragonriders of Pern.

-Jan Guillou's Crusades trilogy.

-Naoki Urasawa's Monster.

The Reckoners series of books (Steelheart and Firefight) written by Brandon Sanderson would make for a fantastic series and could be done on a tv budget. Plus it's a nice spin on the idea of super powered beings.

Maximum Ride probably can't be done on TV, but I'd love it if it could. In fact, I'd prefer almost all of these YA series as TV shows. Someone should just do that with the next supposedly big thing. The Matched or Uglies series for instance. Unfortunately those are only pursued for money purposes, so perhaps someone should adapt a knockoff of these and run it on TV, ala Vampire Diaries.

And adaptation of the Lensmen would definitely have my attention. From my understanding the Thought Readers is pretty awesome, though perhaps it hews too close to The Tomorrow Peopl.e

A show based on David Sedaris' books. Could even be on premium cable, such as Showtime.

"The Belgariad" by David Eddings

"Dresden Files" by Jim Butcher. I know that there was an earlier attempt at this but I'd still like to see a show that does the books justice.

"Nights dawn trilogy" by Peter F. Hamilton.

"The Laundry Files" series by Charles Stross.

I'll just leave this here. I know it was a show before, but it was extremely low budget, but if they get the showrunners from Falling Skies and put it on TNT they could have a hit.
The_Invasion_Front_Cover.jpg

vampire academy could be a much better show than it ever was a movie

How about a Hobbit or Lord Of The Rings mini series?

The Dark Tower. But it would have to be on HBO, Netflix, Showtime, AMC or FX.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Mortal Instruments or Percy Jackson and the Olympians become animated shows, since there is a lot of material and characters to work with.

A Harry Potter 7 season series.
A Narnia tv show adatption
A Stephen King Universe Show
A show based on the book series, "Meg" by Steve Alten

i want the Firefly/Serenity comics as a show :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95