• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Comic Characters who HAVE shown up in Agents of SHIELD

Why wouldn't they have the rights to GW Bridge? I just thought he's a somewhat special character who isn't going to be reduced to regular agent. Triplett works because he's a possible main cast member and all of the main cast are original creations.

Because GW Bridge is likely to be associated with the X Men, although he's not a mutant himself.

I would have to imagine it's a shared character at most. After all, he's an agent of SHIELD, so it's hard to imagine him not doing things related to SHIELD (particularly since the X-Men can't even mention SHIELD anyway).

I still wish that, instead of Triplett, we had Hawkeye. I'm sure that they are explaining where he's been in Avengers 2, but it would make more sense for him to be involved in the SHIELD/Hydra battle.

Time to update this list for season 2!

Season 1
1. Phil Coulson (Canon Immigrant)
2. Maria Hill
3. Nick Fury
4. Franklin Hall/Graviton
5. Scorch (maybe)
6. Jasper Sitwell
7. Victoria Hand
8. Donnie Gill/Blizzard
9. Deathlok
10. Lady Sif
11. Lorelei
12. John Garrett
13. Glenn Talbot
14. Eric Koenig
15. Marcus Daniels/Blackout

Season 1 Honorable Mentions
(did not appear, but received first MCU mention on show)

16. Johnny Horton/Griffin
17. Man-Thing

Season 2
1. Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird
2. Daniel Whitehall
3. Carl "Crusher" Creel/Absorbing Man

Last edited:
Since there is a new SHIELD comic coming out with the characters from the TV show, all are now incorporated

portrait_uncanny.jpg

Time to update this list for season 2!

Season 1
2. Maria Hill
3. Nick Fury
5. Scorch (maybe)
6. Jasper Sitwell
7. Victoria Hand
8. Donnie Gill/Blizzard
9. Deathlok
10. Lady Sif
11. Lorelei
12. John Garrett
13. Glenn Talbot
14. Eric Koenig

(did not appear, but received first MCU mention on show)

16. Johnny Horton/Griffin
17. Man-Thing

Season 2
2. Daniel Whitehall
4. Lance Hunter
Fixed

Who is Lance Hunter? He sounds like a knight searching for his weapon during a jousting tournament.

Time for another update!

Season 1
2. Maria Hill
3. Nick Fury
5. Scorch (maybe)
6. Jasper Sitwell
7. Victoria Hand
8. Donnie Gill/Blizzard
9. Deathlok
10. Lady Sif
11. Lorelei
12. John Garrett
13. Glenn Talbot
14. Eric Koenig

(did not appear, but received first MCU mention on AoS)

1. Johnny Horton/Griffin
2. Man-Thing

Season 2
2. Daniel Whitehall
4. Lance Hunter
5. Agent 33

Season 2 Honorable Mentions
1. Dr. Faustus
2. Bessie/Hellcow

Who is Lance Hunter? He sounds like a knight searching for his weapon during a jousting tournament.

In the comics, he's the director of STRIKE, the British version of SHIELD. But, of course, since that group is the name of a division within the old SHIELD, Lance Hunter is just a merc on the show.

Lance Hunter is now the chair of the Joint Intelligence Comitee which is in charge of Mi5, Mi6 and Mi13 in the comics

Makes me wonder if they'll use him more due to his role on the show, and if they'll align him more to have him kinda act like AoS!Lance.

Isn't Mac also a comic character? I mean...he's been drastically changed...but still...

That's why I dont understand why there are ANY main cast members who aren't named after comic characters (except Skye, which makes sense). They could have just given May the name of ANY comic SHIELD character and kept her the same as she is now. Same with FitzSimmons and Triplett.

Well, there's Lance Hunter.

They wanted to carve out their own path independent of comic characters. Characters with a mystery shouldn't be established characters in order to preserve that mystery: That includes both Grant Ward and Melinda May. Ward, of course, has a secret betrayal that has to catch by surprise. Melinda May is an awesome comic book name and it's amazing no one ever had that combination before anyway. She's got her history that caused her to leave the field to consider. I really don't think there's a good analogue for Fitzsimmons in the comics (two scientists, one technological, one biological, that work together like that). Triplett might have been Gabe Jones if he hadn't already been done. He's the same idea as Lance Hunter.

In addition to all that, Phil Coulson was an original character and that was successful. I can't fault them for trying to make a cast of Phil Coulsons.

And why does there have to be a good analogue for FitzSimmons in the comics?

And before you answer...please compare the comics Mac with the tv show Mac and understand that the comics Fitz and Simmons don't have to be any more similar than that.

I'm just not sure what the point of having a comic book character's name if you concede that they won't be a good analogue for the character portrayed. Under those circumstances, it seems an original character seems more appropriate (I realize we can probably debate this with Lance Hunter, though). The biggest thing is you need two comic characters, not one. At some point, the characters just seem not at all similar and it's hard to justify the change.

Mac (who I don't recall being identified by his full name, but I'll concede he has) has a fairly minor role, so it's hard to compare it to FitzSimmons.

But there are PLENTY of SHIELD agents in the comics who showed up once and were never seen again, or had such little development that they are just a name. Agent 33 for instance. They just took a useless name at random, just so they could say "hey, its a comic character!" and the character we saw on screen has so far been nothing like the character in the books. Of course, it probably shouldnt matter...but I believe that one of the big reasons why people tuned out is because they felt that this was just a bunch of made up characters and the show would therefore not impact the movies. It's weird that just assigning them names from forgotten, barely used people in the comics might've helped, but it probably would have.

I'm skeptical that it would have at all. I think people would see it for what it transparently is: arbitrarily assigning names from the comics with the hopes of placating fans even though it'll have no impact on the plot or greater MCU.

Time for another update!

Season 1
2. Maria Hill
3. Nick Fury
5. Scorch (maybe)
6. Jasper Sitwell
7. Victoria Hand
8. Donnie Gill/Blizzard
9. Deathlok
10. Lady Sif
11. Lorelei
12. John Garrett
13. Glenn Talbot
14. Eric Koenig

1. Johnny Horton/Griffin
2. Man-Thing

Season 2
2. Daniel Whitehall
4. Lance Hunter
5. Agent 33

Season 2 Honorable Mentions
1. Dr. Faustus
2. Bessie/Hellcow

You can add Marcus Scarlotti to the list. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiplash_(comics)#Mark_Scarlotti

He was the mercenary in tonight's episode, and they gave him a Whiplash-esque weapon at the end of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"