Comic-Con 2010

Spider-Jay420

Welcome Back Peter Parker
Reaction score
Since no one started a comic-con thread yet, I figured I would. I'll kick it off with this wonderful article my father sent me today...

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket 'False Idols' at Comic-Con :whatever:

Anyway, I thought you guys have got so see this. This "church" leader is frickin' insane. I hope all the crazy people dressed as heroes and Jedi's get together and kick these protester's asses. Losers.

And of course, when we get actual news and pics and updates and stuff, you can post 'em here. Anybody going to the Con this year? I saw the Marvel Universe exclusives on Facebook and they're no big deal, but that Galactus with lights and sounds looks pretty cool. Anyway.....

A news crew from the management of TFW2005/Hisstank.com/Toyark.com is going. They'll cover most everything.

Yeah, I figured there will be coverage. There always is. I was more wondering if anyone from these boards was going. I've wanted to go these last couple years, but it just never happened once I figured what a long weekend in San Diego was gonna cost me. I bought the tickets last year but had to return 'em. I was bummed.

Hopefully, Hasbro will announce something I wanna hear about Marvel Legends.

*fingers crossed*

I'm excited for Comic Con but not so much for figure news.I've lost all hope for Marvel Legends.Also except for new Bat rouges Nothing from DC Universe could really excite me.I'm hoping we get release dates for the Marvel Legends two packs and those Mighty Muggs they showed a long time ago that included Spider-man with a removable mask and Deadpool.

Well better pics of wave 16 C'n'C Bane. Plus actual pics of spandex clad Riddler and Dick Robin can be hoped for.

Does anyone have a full list of the SDCC exclusive figures? I know theres the TF Blaster and G.I. Joe Sgt Slaughter but thats all I know of

i realllllly wish i was going this year :(. i was suppose to. but my best friend who was getting the free tickets from a friend who works in the media had to back out due to my best friend having a friend who recently committed suicide and the memorial is on friday... and as a friend, im going to be busy with that this weekend.

But yeah... its my first year missing in a while... and I SOOO WISH I COULD GO! gah... id kill to meet Chris Evans and get his autograph...

Pictures of preview night are already up http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_SDCC%2FPreview_Night%2FHasbro%2FMarvel You can see the ML two packs in and out of package.Apparently they will be available this fall.Also the display has wave 1 on it which I guess could mean we'd get more two packs in the future.

a wave 2 would be really nice :)

btw... looks like we got some variants.

-widow has long and short hair heads
-deadpool comes in his classic colors, as well as blue and yellow "x-men" costume
-warpath has his X-force (black and grey) and X-men (red and blue) costumes

wonder what others will be.. there's at least 2 full on variants like warpath and deadpools in a pack..

maybe widow gets her grey costume?

From What I've seen from preview night the only new stuff I'll be getting is the ML two packs,Six armed Spider-man/Lizard minimates two pack and DCU Zatanna and Martian Manhunter.

Sucks you couldn't go.I hope I can go one year.There just seems like there is so much to do.

it's alot of fun. im not sure if i could do more then 2 days of it though... i see enough usually just in one. but im bummed about this year... i have a huge ass celeb crush on chris evans.. and totally could get his autograph and meet him in person if i was there.. lol. prob best im not though, i'd probably faint or do something embarrassing haha

The popculture network has some Mattel preview night videos up.
MOTUC
The only new stuff is Grizzlor and Chief Carnivus

WWE

Ghostbusters

DC universe
You can see the upcoming GL 5 pack in package and out, wave 14 and wave 15.
And a 2-up of wave 16 Kyle Rayner.

And appearantly Mattel is going to raffle the hall of justice, castle Greyskull, and the roof top dioramas at the end of the con.

LOL man I have no idea why I didnt think to look ON THE SITE...duh lol.

I want the Prowl mighty mugg, blaster and Sgt Slaughter and that Galactus looks AMAZING (though not a fan of the line, figures are REALLY hit and miss, mostly miss)

i haven't decided if im gonna get the new galactus... hes the same as the ML one just with a new head it seems

I definately won't put up for the Comic con version. I'll just wait for the retail version.

whooooooo..... at this point i don't really care... lol sorta like the ML head better anyway

So the mattel DC panel results

Wave 16:
Azrael Batman
Creeper
Jonah Hex
Mercury
Riddler
Dick Grayson Robin (modern head)
Dick Grayson Robin (classic head)
Bane collect & connect

GL wave 1:
Black Hand
Black Lantern (generic apparently)
Green Lantern Kyle Rayner
Loeb
Maash
Manhunter Robot
Mongul
Arikillo collect & connect

And there will be a second wave with a Red Lantern that the horsemen cooked up. Also TRU is getting a Hal vs. Sinestro 2-pack. And Sinestro will be the proper size. Mattycollector is going to get a LOSH pack. A 12 pack. Superboy, Saturn Girl, Braniac 5, Chamelion Boy, Ultra Boy, Karate Kid, Wildfire, Matter Hero, Cosmic Boy, Timberwolf, Collosul Boy & Lightning Lad, @$15 a figure. :wow: Do the math.

They also announced 6 new DCUC vs. MOTUC packs. They didn't give all the characters but 2 of them. Hawkman vs. Stratos and Merman vs. Aquaman.

I'm surprised Green Lantern is getting his own line but Batman and Superman haven't.But with the movie next year I guess now would be the best time.

whooooooo..... at this point i don't really care... lol sorta like the ML head better anyway

I like the ML head WAY better. There's just too much going on with the helmet on this one. The body is cool, though.

The Ghostbusters set up as the roof scene was great. I love the discharged Proton Pack things. I wonder if they'll make those available for retail? :awesome:

I'm so happy so see the Legends. Even though it's only a couple of them and it'll be forever, IF I finally ever see them at retail..... but I'm glad it's still alive. I certainly want Deadpool. I like the new Black Widow but I have no complaints with the old version. I'll have to see it in hand before I decide on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"