Comic-Con 2010

I'm surprised Green Lantern is getting his own line but Batman and Superman haven't.But with the movie next year I guess now would be the best time.
Apparently it's only going to be 2 waves. And the CnC for the second wave is the horseman created red lantern. And the black lantern is Amon Sur or Abin Sur. The display used one name and the slide show the other. :doh:

Also Mattel is making some awesome MOTUC.
-Shadow beast large beast figure (Gygor with a new head)
-Royal guard two pack, with 4 heads. White guy, black guy, cat guy, and snake man. Based on Man-at-arms, same helmet and arm/leg armour (but on both arms and legs). But new chest pieces. Also have new weapons, shields, halbreds and maces.
-Roboto
-Grizzlor
-King Hiss, with swappable 5 snake head torso.
-Buzz-off
-Battle armour Skeletor
-Vikor, He-man of the north. Based on earliest He-man conept sketch. It's basically the best Conan figure ever made.
-Preternia Disguise He-Man (club figure)
-Bow
-Great Wars Weapon Pak (Mer-Man weapons, Fakor battle ax & shield, Evil Lyn’s purple equipment, gold spear, roboto’s parts in trapjaw’s color, green bird pirch and armour, optix weapons in black, sword in two colors)
-King Greyskull Redeco w/orb of power (Nov)
Pics of the post panel case:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_SDCC/Mattel/MOTU
Preternian disguise He-man is the guy in the hood and mask.

Wow, my poor wallet just had a heart attack!!!:wow:

a wave 2 would be really nice :)

btw... looks like we got some variants.

-widow has long and short hair heads
-deadpool comes in his classic colors, as well as blue and yellow "x-men" costume
-warpath has his X-force (black and grey) and X-men (red and blue) costumes

wonder what others will be.. there's at least 2 full on variants like warpath and deadpools in a pack..

maybe widow gets her grey costume?

can't wait for the red/blue warpath...

Man...that "church" isn't a church, they're just a bunch of kooks.

Those ML packs look like crap. But holy crap the upcoming MU stuff is awesome!

Yea I hope so too.Not too many Characters left I want though.

lets hope so.... i'd really like for them to scale up some MU figs that have yet to get legends..

-jean grey
-mary jane
-firestar
-gladiator

to name a few...

and Havok and Multiple Man

Gotta say that this year I was looking forward to two things:
Ghostbusters news
Dr Who news

The Ghostbusters stuff is brilliant. Seriously well done to Mattel for actually getting my money for the year subscription off the back of 3 figures. Also why has no one mentioned the 1:1 scale PKE? seriously this is ****ING AMAZING!! 25 years it's take for this to be made!! And sweet jesus I'm so hyped for it!!

Dr Who stuff, as far as I'm aware has only been the showing of a classic series Pertwee Sonic, but hey, it'll be cheaper than the Baker/Davison one thats like £200...

That movie Thor looks cool but I gave up on Marvel lines years ago, just after the Ghost Rider movie. Actually, thats a point, why are Hot Toys doing a Ghost Rider now? It's like 3 years late and looks...well not bad but not good.

soooo i do wonder why 2012 is suppose to be a big year for legends.. but 2011 not........................................................

o well... least i wont be in fig withdrawl much longer... got a decent amount of the 6 inchers coming down the pipeline.

-Warpath
-Warpath (x-force variant)
-Deadpool
-Deadpool (x-men/xforce variant)
-Valkarie
-McGuiness Hulk
-Black Widow
-Winter Soldier
-Crymson Dynamo
-Titanium Man
-Frost Giant
-Goliath (black)
-Sentinels (if you want more)
-Galactus (if you want a new one)

that's a pretty decent amount... I might need a Thor display once the frost giants come out (Thor/Valkarie/Loki/Destroyer/Frost Giants)

plus... i still do need Dum Dum, and 2 more shield/hand packs.

That black Goliath is based on the Icon Cyclops mold like white Goliath was, meaning it's 12" tall. As is the Frost Giant. However this new mold (it's not based on the BAF, it's both taller and has a different sculpt) Galactus is 19" tall. The new mold Sentinel is nearly that tall. Lacking Galactus's helmet and such.

soooo then goliath and frost giants are still about the height of giant man and giant skrull?

they look tiny next to those sentinels and galactus.... how tall was the ML galactus? did they scale more than his helmet up? because he looks mostly the same aside from his head.

Yeah black Goliath and the Frost Giant should be the same height as the previous gigantic battles figures.I had to google ML Galactus's height. 16" one text reviewer said. I also did a side by side between the two. Beyond the heads. The torsos are entirely different, the feet and hands too. They're different molds. If it was just a new head the bodies would be identical, they aren't. It's probable that they used the BAF as a starting point.

EDIT: Found a comparison shot on Fwoosh.
e757f2ae.jpg

Different mold.

Last edited:
Loving all the new Iron Man MU figures:

Comic Series Iron Monger
Comic Series Silver Centurian Armor
Ultimate Iron Man (interchangle helmets between orginal version and Orson Scott Card story)
Mandarin
Comic Series Whiplash
Movie Series Whiplash
Movie Series Whiplash v2
Movie Series Nick Fury
Movie Series Tactical Battle Drones
Comic Series War Machine (w/o helmet, Cyborg)
MU Iron Man (current armor)
and several repaints

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back