Comics Comic Readers: Did you like or hate Homecoming?

Ben_Reilly

Civilian
Reaction score
I found it very lacking.
It seemed to me to not really care about anything from the Parker comics, and mostly seemed to be nothing more than a version of Parker transplanted into Miles' story.

Obviously Ned Leeds was Ganke
Pete didn't even seem all that smart. All he did was make web fluid and web shooters.

The lack of Uncle Ben (yes, I know it wasn't supposed to be an origin, but it kind of was in a sense...) even being mentioned "You know what May has been through..." so Ben's death doesn't really seem to matter to Pete.

Pete's motives changed constantly...
I wanna be an Avenger... Give me a mission
I need to prove myself to be an Avenger...
I'll show Tony that I belong on the Avengers Roster...
F**k Tony, I'll be Spider-Man anyway...
I don' want to be an Avenger, not for a while anyway...

Then, one of the most iconic scenes from the comics was utterly neutered!
Peter being trapped under the rubble...
At the moment of triumph, they don't even bother showing him lifting it and throwing it off. They cut to the rubble and it casually just dropping away.
If anything, we should have seen the rubble first and then watched as Pete lifted it up.
And let's not forget, that Tony was the motivating factor for his surge of strength, not the fact that May would be devestated. No, it was just proving Tony wrong. Such a crock of *****!

I also do not understand the whole car scene reactions that people are having.
How was it tense? How was it scary? Peter has powers. Toomes does not. There was no tension, no threat. Nothing.

And not to mention all the PC crap.
The film opened with a PC exchange and then lied about one later on. The Washington Monument was not built by slaves.

This was easily, for me, the worst MCU film.
It even may be my least favourite Spider-Man movie!

Last edited:
You do realize there is a whole section dedicated to discussing this movie, and us comic book readers post in it.
It's my least favorite take on the character on film, I think the movie is overrated, but I liked it enough to consider watching it a second time.

I greatly enjoyed it and rank it 3rd in terms of my favorite Spidey movies.

a hell of a lot better than the Andrew Garfield s**tfests...

that's the order of MY Spidey movies, as well...
icon14.gif

and here's another minor beef I had with the simplistic use of the Spider-Man theme for the movie... instead of the Michael Giacchino version, I would have preferred THIS one, by Benjamin Squires, which is more dramatic, I believe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2rgrqEFVKc

a hell of a lot better than the Andrew Garfield s**tfests...
Eehhhh, I don't get the hate for that take, or those movies. This one is better than the Amazing Spider-Man 2, but not much better than the first.

[blackout]Penis Parker? Really?[/blackout]

Amazing Spider-Man 2 if my favourite Spider-Man movie
Spider-Man 2.1 comes in second
Tha Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3: Editor's Cut
Homecoming

As a long time Spider comic reader, Homecoming is either my favorite or second favorite Spider-Man movie. Tom Holland is definitely my favorite live action version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

I'd rank it:

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Amazing Spider-Man

My main problem with the new movie, is the fact that Marvel wants to avoid going over things already covered in previous movies, resulting in changes and omissions, that keep it from being definitive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"