• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics We Want To See Become Films

Not sure, maybe if manga adaptations start to be a trend they will do it. Otherwise, i'm not sure they're interested. I actually think that Disney and certain SJ properties like Dragon Ball and One Piece fit almost like hand and glove.
I think disney could make them work too

sailor-moon-1.jpg

Sailor Moon had already been in a live action format,
not in the movie though but in a TV series format, was broadcasted here in Japan in 2005 or 2006 i believe...

i never seen a complete episodes , only watched only 5-6 episodes, but it really campy yet unique. And I loved the theme song :)

Rise of the Midnight Sons!

For eons, the walls between our earth and the supernatural realms have held fast… until now. Now those walls are weakening, and Lilith, Queen of Evil, Mother of Demons, has risen from her slumber to shatter the walls and free her hellish spawn. Only the strangest of alliances can drive her back... a union of old enemies and new heroes, in a battle forever to be remembered as the… Rise of the Midnight Sons!

Rise of the Midnight Sons!

For eons, the walls between our earth and the supernatural realms have held fast… until now. Now those walls are weakening, and Lilith, Queen of Evil, Mother of Demons, has risen from her slumber to shatter the walls and free her hellish spawn. Only the strangest of alliances can drive her back... a union of old enemies and new heroes, in a battle forever to be remembered as the… Rise of the Midnight Sons!

So much this!! If Marvel made this happen I would be there everyday!

I wrote up an article talking potential spin-offs for ASM. It has a bunch of different comics that could potentially be great as a film. Planet of the Symbiotes FTW!!

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/expanding-the-spideyverse-5-potential-spin-offs/

Pretty much, but with the large expansion of the Chinese market, i see them starting to more easily embrace an Asian casting.

But can't Asian people distinguish between Japanese and Chinese ethnicity quite easily to the point where casting one won't help in the other market?

Not only would it be amazing to see some non-superhero characters made it into movies, I honestly think Marvel Studios will need to branch out to survive anyway. Let's see some Marvel sci-fi and horror movies...

rom01.jpg

Tomb_of_Dracula_1.jpg

rom:spaceknight is one of my hopefuls as well.

My Grandfather was Mike Esposito, one of the artists and creators of Metal Men. I want to see a Metal Men movie made. It would have been a dream come true for him and Ross Andru.

Spider-Man: Gang War.

I'd also like to see the Ultraverse characters brought into the Marvel world.

Of all the Spidey films I would love for them to adapt Gang-war!!!

mar051957.jpg

Plot:

Nick Fury (Not Sam Jackson) enlists Frank castle to infiltrate Russia to collect a deadly virus... that's been injected into a small girl, he fights off all to protect the girl and remove her from the situation.

__

Incrediblehulktheend1.jpg

Plot:

Chronicling the final days of Bruce Banner with him as the last living person on Earth, next to the Hulk.

__

Annihilation_Prologue_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

Plot:

Nova, the formation the Guardians of the Guardians fight to save the galaxy from Annihilus.

__

Marvel_1602_Vol_1_3_Textless.jpg

Plot:

Feature a multi-tide of Marvel character, mostly X-Men and solo characters like Daredeevil and Spidey, re-imagined in the year 1602 onwards.

Nick fury is an agent of Queen Elizabeth. Daredevil an informant who works as a Bard, Magneto as a Grand Inquisitor, Steve Rogers as the Native American guardian of Virginia Dare ect...

__

cable.jpg

Plot:

Cable absconds to the future with the first Mutant born since ***** Scarlet Witch halted Mutantkind. He is chased by Bishop who is convinced that she will bring abut the horrible future he hails from.

Basically it'd be a chase movie like Terminator, though a chase going forward thorough time jumps

Last edited:
Kraven's Last Hunt would be a very cool Spiderman film. I'd love to see that play out on the big screen, it'd give a villain some real air time and a level of depth you don't always get.

Kraven's Last Hunt would be a very cool Spiderman film. I'd love to see that play out on the big screen, it'd give a villain some real air time and a level of depth you don't always get.
:up: it would be great to see this on screen.

:up: either way I'd like to see Kraven in a movie soon

But can't Asian people distinguish between Japanese and Chinese ethnicity quite easily to the point where casting one won't help in the other market?

Either way it's only going to help Hollywood be more confident, i don't think the Chinese market cares that much, but in least it's possible that they won't be as afraid to have "minorities" as leads. From what i hear, people in China also love Japanese manga, so it has a strong market there.

Silver surfer

rom:spaceknight

the inhumans

Vampire hunter D"

Akira

ninja scroll

dr strange

the eternals

iron fist

cyberforce

shang chi master of kung fu: (TV series)

thunder cats

You know what grinds my gears, why they can't get a clue and adapt the Ennis written Punisher Max titles.

Would love to see Capt Marvel (Carol Danvers) in an Avengers film and then spun off into her own movie. I heard they even had a script ready or in development. Yay!

You know what grinds my gears, why they can't get a clue and adapt the Ennis written Punisher Max titles.

Because they drown in grimdark, and make the protagonist utterly unlikeable half the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"