• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics We Want To See Become Films

HgQeCyX.jpg

YyXDydB.jpg

2L92tGQ.jpg

g8XTEyT.jpg

That last one is real wishful thinking.

X-Men Mutant Massacre. This would probably never happen, since this would push things into rated R territory, though. I wouldn't mind seeing the definitive death of various Morlocks and assorted other mutants. I wonder who would play Mr. Sinister, though, or how that "name" would even work.

X-Men Mutant Massacre. This would probably never happen, since this would push things into rated R territory, though. I wouldn't mind seeing the definitive death of various Morlocks and assorted other mutants. I wonder who would play Mr. Sinister, though, or how that "name" would even work.

Hmm. I actually disagree. I think you could do Mutant Massacre and keep it PG-13. I mean, Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises had a lot of people die, they still stayed PG-13. You would just need to use moderation with actually showing the violent deaths in detail.

I think I may be the only person who wants no part of a Civil War movie. There are so many villains out there. I don't need an entire hero vs hero movie.

As far as Midnight Sons...

Maybe if Defenders goes over well on Netflix, they can set this up in 2017 or so. Do different series for Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf By Night, etc, and then have them team up against Mephisto or Dracula in the big crossover.

I don't know if I posted this on here or somewhere else before but I'd like to see for Phase 3...

Captain America3 (throwing together elements of the Civil War arc, the Winter Soldier arc not used by the end of CA:TWS, and the "Death" of Captain America)

Thor 3 (combining bits of "Seige", "Loki" and maybe "Ragnarok" ....... HYDRA invasion to steal from Odin's trophy room, Surtur makes an appearance late on, ends with Thor on the throne?)

...and then after shooting Hulk into space at the end of Avengers 3 we can have...

Planet Hulk in Phase 4, with Avengers:World War Hulk(s)" to come later...
...I think we're familiar enough with the Hulk to be able to deal with putting him in an alien scenario without having to precede that with another earthbound movie delving into his psyche ... in fact it might be the perfect way to get better acquainted with Ruffalo's Banner :)

Last edited:
X-Force/X-Statix…
X-Statix_Vol_1_13_Textless_zpsd919f048.jpg

…and yes…it would never happen, but I'd like to see the Back From The Dead, Princess Di story…

…if there's a comic series that's made for Tarantino or Rodriguez…I'd say it's X-Force/X-Statix…

Last edited:
I think I may be the only person who wants no part of a Civil War movie. There are so many villains out there. I don't need an entire hero vs hero movie.

No, no you are not. A Civil War movie would be a *terrible* idea.

I agree to an extent, it could be interesting to see, but i don't think it should be done for a really long while.

1.Midnight Sons
2.Namor
3.Inhumans

These are the three I want to see the most brought into the MCU!

I didn't include the following
1.Dr Strange
2.Black Panther
3.Mrs Marvel

Because those 3 seem very likely to be happening in phase 3.

Something similar to Marvels would be great

TanaNile_large.jpg

The Eternals

A Captain America film featuring the Sleepers

A Thor film exploring the Kirby/Cosmic side of Thor ~ Ego the living planet, Tana Nile, etc.

No, no you are not. A Civil War movie would be a *terrible* idea.

Good to know.

The whole concept just doesn't work in the MCU. None of the heroes have actual secret identities (I guess this will change with Daredevil), and they are pretty much all already government operatives to one extent or another (which will also likely change with the Netflix shows), but the actual concept just wouldn't make sense in the MCU.

I'd love a Civil War over a different issue, sort of like an AvX version of Civil War, or a Civil War version of World War Hulk. Even if it's just Avengers vs Defenders, the idea of heroes coming to that impasse where we just have to go at it speaks to me, because some of the most powerful experiences in life are when you come to that place with your friends and you simply can't agree and there is no compromise and you have to part ways. A superhero movie that honors that, that touches that in the most visceral fashion could be beautiful.

So, when I say I want to see Civil War, I do not mean I want to see Tony Stark go all Machiavelli over a superhero registration act.

Good to know.

The whole concept just doesn't work in the MCU. None of the heroes have actual secret identities (I guess this will change with Daredevil), and they are pretty much all already government operatives to one extent or another (which will also likely change with the Netflix shows), but the actual concept just wouldn't make sense in the MCU.

Well, they aren't government operatives anymore. . . but the reason for that is Cap 2, which really should destroy public support for anything resembling superhuman conscription, for *decades*. Its going to take massive effort and good faith just to get SHIELD to the point where it can do basic necessities like "running superhuman prison", let alone having armies and such.

Combine that with the personalities of the relevant players being utterly incompatible with the event ( Tony Stark is not a fascist, Maria Hill is not a willing pawn for anti-meta government forces ). And the general public being not the spite-demons they are in 616. And. . .

I'd love a Civil War over a different issue, sort of like an AvX version of Civil War, or a Civil War version of World War Hulk. Even if it's just Avengers vs Defenders, the idea of heroes coming to that impasse where we just have to go at it speaks to me, because some of the most powerful experiences in life are when you come to that place with your friends and you simply can't agree and there is no compromise and you have to part ways. A superhero movie that honors that, that touches that in the most visceral fashion could be beautiful.

So, when I say I want to see Civil War, I do not mean I want to see Tony Stark go all Machiavelli over a superhero registration act.

If so, its important to *not* name is Civil War, because Civil War implies much more than a conflict between heroes: it implies a deep, dire governmental problem. You can have a conflict between heroes without requiring Evil Government as a plot element.

( also, ugh, no World War Hulk, either. We need Hulk-As-Villain even less than we need Government-As-Villain )

I'd like to see a Hawkeye origins movie. The Avengers just didnt do his character justice compared to the comics

If they do a Hawkeye movie, I would much rather it were a Hawkguy adaptation. He doesn't need an origin at this point, anyway. Audiences already accept him.

Wolverine didn't really need an Origins movie either since we already found out what happened to him in X-2 but they gave him one anyway plus I think a Hawkeye movie that would lead on to maybe 2 or 3 more Hawkeye films would be a good look so you can see how he became an Avenger and how he is outside of the Avengers like in the comics

Last edited:
Wolverine didn't really need an Origins movie either since we already found out what happened to him in Last Stand but they gave him one anyway plus I think a Hawkeye movie that would lead on to maybe 2 or 3 more Hawkeye films would be a good look so you can see how he became an Avenger and how he is outside of the Avengers like in the comics

I'm not sure if Origins is the best example to use as a reason to give someone else an unnecessary origin film.

I'm not sure if Origins is the best example to use as a reason to give someone else an unnecessary origin film.

I like what they did there though, instead of being born in the late 19th century like he is in the comic, he's a fair bit older cos we see him and Victor fight in the American Civil War.

Origins is an excelent comic and if done right would've been unlike any other CBM.

plus I think a Hawkeye movie that would lead on to maybe 2 or 3 more Hawkeye films would be a good look so you can see how he became an Avenger and how he is outside of the Avengers like in the comics

a Hawkeye movie? more than one? :lmao:

What about a Power Pack animated feature if Big Hero Six succeeds? I can'[t imagine Power Pack working as a live action property but if animated, I can see it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"