Congressman Decides To Take Oath On Koran; Conservatives Pissed

Last night I was thinking about all of the War video games being released and came to the conclusion that it's just a matter of time before they create like a futuristic war epic game a la Halo that's like "Future Freedom Fight" or some stupid ****. And the game has US soldiers with all these futuristic weapons fighting an army of giant cyborgs with lazer eyes, but all the cyborgs wear turbans. This vision of a future video game release made me scared for our nation as a culturally acceptable place to live.

That's why this news makes me :)

Does dis make me proud? You betcha it does! :)

This story actually makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :up: Congrats!:woot:

hell yeah! here's for hoping he does a god job.

Thats great news, the more the diversity the better understanding that we can have for one another.

now they're infiltrating our government?!! :wow:

sinewave said:
now they're infiltrating our government?!! :wow:

We already have, he's the 2nd Muslim in government, muahahaha :ninja:

Erundur said:
We already have, he's the 2nd Muslim in government, muahahaha :ninja:

the world is doomed!

but seriously, good for him. :up:

My faith in America has just been restored. What a great day.

I was just reading this article a few minutes ago. Very interesting to say the least. He started as a Catholic, but converted to Islam after he went to college. Wonder how many other people share a similar story.

Stop, NOW!

Discuss the article. Keep the religion bashing for or against OFF THIS FORUM or I will not probate, I will BAN!

Future Prez said:
I was just reading this article a few minutes ago. Very interesting to say the least. He started as a Catholic, but converted to Islam after he went to college. Wonder how many other people share a similar story.

From my understanding, many American troops that are stationed in Iraq.

raybia said:
From my understanding, many American troops that are stationed in Iraq.

Really? Now that is interesting.

Gamma Ray said:
Believe half the stuff you see, and nothing that you read.

In other words, Matt, please disregard that last post you read by Gammy Ray. :cwink:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]November 28, 2006[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=+1]A first for America...The Koran replaces the Bible at swearing-in oath[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What book will America base it's values on, the Bible or the Koran?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Please take a moment to read the following TownHall.com column by Dennis Prager, who is a Jew. After reading the column, take the suggest action at the bottom of this email. After you have read it, please forward it to your friends and family.

America, Not Keith Ellison, decides what book a congressman takes his oath on
By Dennis Prager - Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Keith Ellison, D-Minn., the first Muslim elected to the United States Congress, has announced that he will not take his oath of office on the Bible, but on the bible of Islam, the Koran.

He should not be allowed to do so -- not because of any American hostility to the Koran, but because the act undermines American civilization.

First, it is an act of hubris that perfectly exemplifies multiculturalist activism -- my culture trumps America's culture. What Ellison and his Muslim and leftist supporters are saying is that it is of no consequence what America holds as its holiest book; all that matters is what any individual holds to be his holiest book.

Forgive me, but America should not give a hoot what Keith Ellison's favorite book is. Insofar as a member of Congress taking an oath to serve America and uphold its values is concerned, America is interested in only one book, the Bible. If you are incapable of taking an oath on that book, don't serve in Congress. In your personal life, we will fight for your right to prefer any other book. We will even fight for your right to publish cartoons mocking our Bible. But, Mr. Ellison, America, not you, decides on what book its public servants take their oath.

Devotees of multiculturalism and political correctness who do not see how damaging to the fabric of American civilization it is to allow Ellison to choose his own book need only imagine a racist elected to Congress. Would they allow him to choose Hitler's "Mein Kampf," the Nazis' bible, for his oath? And if not, why not? On what grounds will those defending Ellison's right to choose his favorite book deny that same right to a racist who is elected to public office?

Of course, Ellison's defenders argue that Ellison is merely being honest; since he believes in the Koran and not in the Bible, he should be allowed, even encouraged, to put his hand on the book he believes in. But for all of American history, Jews elected to public office have taken their oath on the Bible, even though they do not believe in the New Testament, and the many secular elected officials have not believed in the Old Testament either. Yet those secular officials did not demand to take their oaths of office on, say, the collected works of Voltaire or on a volume of New York Times editorials, writings far more significant to some liberal members of Congress than the Bible. Nor has one Mormon official demanded to put his hand on the Book of Mormon. And it is hard to imagine a scientologist being allowed to take his oath of office on a copy of "Dianetics" by L. Ron Hubbard.

So why are we allowing Keith Ellison to do what no other member of Congress has ever done -- choose his own most revered book for his oath?

The answer is obvious -- Ellison is a Muslim. And whoever decides these matters, not to mention virtually every editorial page in America, is not going to offend a Muslim. In fact, many of these people argue it will be a good thing because Muslims around the world will see what an open society America is and how much Americans honor Muslims and the Koran.

This argument appeals to all those who believe that one of the greatest goals of America is to be loved by the world, and especially by Muslims because then fewer Muslims will hate us (and therefore fewer will bomb us).

But these naive people do not appreciate that America will not change the attitude of a single American-hating Muslim by allowing Ellison to substitute the Koran for the Bible. In fact, the opposite is more likely: Ellison's doing so will embolden Islamic extremists and make new ones, as Islamists, rightly or wrongly, see the first sign of the realization of their greatest goal -- the Islamicization of America.

When all elected officials take their oaths of office with their hands on the very same book, they all affirm that some unifying value system underlies American civilization. If Keith Ellison is allowed to change that, he will be doing more damage to the unity of America and to the value system that has formed this country than the terrorists of 9-11. It is hard to believe that this is the legacy most Muslim Americans want to bequeath to America. But if it is, it is not only Europe that is in trouble. (End Commentary)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Take Action

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]1. Send an email asking your U.S. Representative and Senators to pass a law making the Bible the book used in the swearing-in ceremony of Representatives and Senators.

2. Forward this email to your friends and family today! [/SIZE][/FONT]
Write your Representative and Senators Now!

If you think our efforts are worthy, would you please support us with a small gift?</B> Thank you for caring enough to get involved.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Sincerely,[/SIZE][/FONT]
donsig.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]P.S. Please print this and share with others.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
bottom.jpg
1.gif

http://www.afa.net/aa112806_2.asp

And here's a video clip of nutjob Glenn Beck all but accusing this poor guy of being a terrorist. As per usual though, Beck's comments are unwarranted and simply brought out for the sake of creating controversy. Pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJymFAeKfBI

Who gives a damn what book he takes the oath on? :huh:
What a stupid ****ing complaint. :down

This makes me sick, what was worse was listening to Hannity compare the Koran to Mein Kaumf ("if a Nazi wanted to use Mien Kaumf, would you be okay with it?" - Hannity)

A great writer AND he hides his prejudice well! Good show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"