CONSTANTINE Is Dead; Executive Producer Daniel Cerone Issues Statement

If people are really lamenting losing this show they might want to know that a new Constantine comic book series just started this past wednesday. One issue in and it's already much more "Hellblazer" than his last comic series BTW.

so i've heard. my local comic shop only sells new 52 crap currently though . :csad:

so i've heard. my local comic shop only sells new 52 crap currently though . :csad:

Uh it is "new 52 crap" though.

"The New 52" is just technically this version of the DC multiverse

Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg

I know people like to snarkly use "new 52" as a synonym with a crap universe but it's literally just a buzz word for "the multiverse from 52 after Flashpoint changed it" not a singular homogenized universe. This is why we had an Earth-2 title damn near the beginning and had characters from different Earths like Earth-3 openly invade Earth-0. Those same people also forget that even pre-FP DC published crap as well it wasn't all quality.

There have been a ****load of quality DC titles since September 2011; but no of course all titles won't be read by everybody nor should they be as they are meant to appeal to all sorts of different readers. Still the way some people harp on with this tired "new 52 is teh toxic!" meme is played out within itself when everybody who has actually given these comics a chance have found something to read and enjoy. Whether it's something as mainstream as Justice League or Wonder Woman or as niche as OMAC and Dial H.

In my estimation although it could use some polish as someone who read the majority of the Hellblazer series from back in the day the first issue of the new book is one of the more exceptional books they have not. It's worth a look for anybody who is a fan regardless of what they feel about buzzwords that no longer exist.

Last edited:
New 52 and whatever new name they came up with now is full on crap.

Convergence was great though but that had old DCU characters.

Uh it is "new 52 crap" though.

"The New 52" is just technically this version of the DC multiverse

Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg

I know people like to snarkly use "new 52" as a synonym with a crap universe but it's literally just a buzz word for "the multiverse from 52 after Flashpoint changed it" not a singular homogenized universe. This is why we had an Earth-2 title damn near the beginning and had characters from different Earths like Earth-3 openly invade Earth-0. Those same people also forget that even pre-FP DC published crap as well it wasn't all quality.

There have been a ****load of quality DC titles since September 2011; but no of course all titles won't be read by everybody nor should they be as they are meant to appeal to all sorts of different readers. Still the way some people harp on with this tired "new 52 is teh toxic!" meme is played out within itself when everybody who has actually given these comics a chance have found something to read and enjoy. Whether it's something as mainstream as Justice League or Wonder Woman or as niche as OMAC and Dial H.

In my estimation although it could use some polish as someone who read the majority of the Hellblazer series from back in the day the first issue of the new book is one of the more exceptional books they have not. It's worth a look for anybody who is a fan regardless of what they feel about buzzwords that no longer exist.

How is it a meme when its the truth?

Well, if he admitted the show had very little chance of coming back ,
The fan buzz would die down.
He wanted to keep the fans energized while he went through the process.
I understand that.
I will miss the show.
Here's hoping that Matt Ryan will show up in another Fan favorite .
Again, a show under Constantine's circumstances getting renewed would have been literally unprecedented in the history of broadcast television. Cerone knew this but he chose to give fans false hope and string them along for his own gain.

As soon as production stopped, this show was 100% dead at NBC and 90% dead overall.

How is it a meme when its the truth?

How is it truth?

never mind don't answer that.

I'll do myself a favor and stop responding to these petty and grossly misinformed opinions.

Last edited:
isn't it a separate series from the main " constantine " series , though ?

well , that terrible volume you speak of is all they sell at my local comic shop.

Considering that it's been cancelled for 3 months now I doubt it. Next time you're there look for a book called Constantine: The Hellblazer.

Considering that it's been cancelled for 3 months now I doubt it. Next time you're there look for a book called Constantine: The Hellblazer.

i did. they didn't have it.

Can we at least see the character and actor appear in a few eps of Arrow and Flash? I'm sure there's a few supernatural plot lines that he could get involved in.

Can we at least see the character and actor appear in a few eps of Arrow and Flash? I'm sure there's a few supernatural plot lines that he could get involved in.

i'm just now starting to get into arrow (on the 21st ep of season 2 as we speak ) because my friend kept begging me to and he was wondering the same thing. i'm just not entirely sure how they'll work john into the show though. then again, he was all over the place in justice league dark/injustice/etc. so it's not impossible . i think i read something about how they'd bring him in to help oliver out due to having knowledge of the lazarus pit and such.

i'm just now starting to get into arrow (on the 21st ep of season 2 as we speak ) because my friend kept begging me to and he was wondering the same thing. i'm just not entirely sure how they'll work john into the show though. then again, he was all over the place in justice league dark/injustice/etc. so it's not impossible . i think i read something about how they'd bring him in to help oliver out due to having knowledge of the lazarus pit and such.

Pretty sure Guggenheim was just joking giving his trolling record with the Arrow fanbase in the past

did anyone atleast try to run this by netflix ? i mean , the word " hannibal " is being heard by them alot right now...

Yea same here. I've been struggling to get into Arrow. I've only seen a few eps here and there, and that was because they cameo-ed Flash.

And we might still get our crossover wish. The Arrow creators are hinting potential crossover.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/347685-constantine-could-still-appear-on-arrow#/slide/1

Never thought it would actually happen. :woot:
It was a decent ep too. Still not an Arrow fan, but now Constantine is in the Arrowverse, he could pop up in Flash. We might even see a tv version of the Justice league dark. :cool:

There was/is a possibility that Constantine will show up in DC's Legends of Tomorrow at some point. The series is not meant to focus on a single group of heroes and go from there but showcase different ones as the series goes on (if it goes on).

Bleeding Cool initially said there was a chance but that has since been "walked back" as the show is expensive and may not even make it to a season 2 but get replaced by something else.

Eh, I didn't bother watching that "Arrow" episode, so I sure as hell won't bother watching this show for it. I already had a few complaints regarding it being washed out from the source material, saying that it should be closer to "Hellblazer" comics with the original standalone run. These shared DC properties just amplify those complaints.

So, "Constantine" stays dead as much as I'm concerned.

Bleeding Cool doesn't know what they're talking about.

Their 'scoop' about a Flash/Supergirl crossover was swiftly debunked without prejudice, and while nobody's thought to ask specifically about the potential for Constantine to show up on Legends, it's far too early at this point to even be thinking about that possibility.

It's a classic case of "putting the cart before the horse", and ought to be treated as such.

I do think we'll eventually see Matt Ryan's Constantine pop back up in the "Flarrow"-verse, but if/when it happens, the news won't be broken by a site like Bleeding Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"