CONSTANTINE Is Dead; Executive Producer Daniel Cerone Issues Statement

luis4u

Superhero
Reaction score
I promised I’d share news when I had it — sadly, that news is not good. The cast and writers of Constantine are being released from their contracts. The studio tried to find a new home for the show, for which we’re forever grateful, but those efforts didn’t pan out. I’m sorry, I wasn’t provided any information on the attempts to sell the show elsewhere. All I can report is that the show is over.

Many ingredients went into this TV series. From the dedicated cast that breathed these characters to life, led by Matt Ryan as the comic-made-flesh embodiment of John Constantine, to the exceptionality talented crew that put unreal images on screen, to the original Hellblazer writers and artists who gifted us a universe.

As a general principle, writers don’t choose a writing career to achieve stardom. Whatever demons or insecurities drove them to find freedom of expression through written words generally keeps writers comfortably obscure behind their words. Nor do people choose writing as a means to financial freedom. I’d venture to guess that most who set out to write professionally never receive a paycheck for their hopeful scribbles or key strokes.

In fact, nobody I know ever chose a writing career — it chose them. You write because that’s what you do. Like breathing, it just happens and you have to do it and you just hope that someday somebody out there notices what you’re trying to say.

If that’s the dream of writers, than the writers of Constantine lived the dream, because we’re leaving behind wild and passionate fans who believe in and were moved by what we tried to do. To leave such a significant, dedicated and active fan base on the table — that’s the real sadness. You all deserve many years of the series we set out to make, and we’re disappointed that we couldn’t deliver that to you. The good news is that Constantine will live on for years in many more forms. But our time as caretakers has ended.

Thank you for letting us in.

Daniel Cerone
link :csad::csad:

tumblr_lr4511cbbw1qdd8wro1_500.gif

Man I really wanted to see The Spectre.

He's really kind of an ass for stringing people along and getting their hopes up all this time. As soon as they decided not to film the additional scripts they ordered and stop production, the chances of this show continuing were essentially zero. He's in television; he knew that all too well. He was just using the fans of this show to keep his name in the news.

****!!!

As of now I'm cutting ties from broadcast TV networks altogether.

it's a shame, I was really liking the show. I also was looking forward to the Spectre.

Damn. :(

I'm surprised that they were unable to find any other network and other media (like streaming shows) for this.

Crap. I really liked the show and it's one of the very few tv shows I watch. Honestly I can't stand having regular tv/cable and haven't had it in years.

WB and DC cancel Infinite Crisis and now Constantine... seriously, I'm starting to think they are testing their fans...

I still haven't forgiven them for Young Justice!

WB are so big that they can afford to make their own streaming service, putting any show they want there.

WB and DC cancel Infinite Crisis and now Constantine... seriously, I'm starting to think they are testing their fans...

WB are so big that they can afford to make their own streaming service, putting any show they want there.

They should be doing that instead of resting their laurels on the ever dying broadcast networks.

Re: YJ - I still want Wally back and Barry dead as the almighty Wolfman/Perez intended.

Young Justice was cancelled due to low merchandise sales. It's just a sad fact of the cartoon industry.

Constantine was cancelled because no media outlet was confident enough that it would bring in enough ad revenue to justify the costs of producing/airing it.

Warner Bros is a business. They are not going to lose money on a show because a vocal minority of fans online like it. If Warner made their own streaming service they would have to either sell ads or subscriptions to make money from it. If they chose that route, chances are Constantine still wouldn't make the cut.

Sad but expected.
Exactly what I was going to post. After it was canned by NBC I knew it would be a longshot to get picked up elsewhere but now that's over and it's time to move on.

Well, it wasn't the Hellblazer adaptation we deserved , but the one that we needed.

(Cue TDK soundtrack)

Seriously though, this makes me sad. I'll miss this show, what it could've grown into , and matt ryan's performance of one of my favorite comic book characters.

He's really kind of an ass for stringing people along and getting their hopes up all this time. As soon as they decided not to film the additional scripts they ordered and stop production, the chances of this show continuing were essentially zero. He's in television; he knew that all too well. He was just using the fans of this show to keep his name in the news.
Well, if he admitted the show had very little chance of coming back ,
The fan buzz would die down.
He wanted to keep the fans energized while he went through the process.
I understand that.
I will miss the show.
Here's hoping that Matt Ryan will show up in another Fan favorite .

When USA cancelled The 400, some novels were later released to wrap up the show.
It would be nice if that happened here.
Unlikely, but Hope Springs Eternal.

Last edited:
Real damn shame, really loved The show by the end and as hoping it would continue.

If people are really lamenting losing this show they might want to know that a new Constantine comic book series just started this past wednesday. One issue in and it's already much more "Hellblazer" than his last comic series BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"