Cooking Injuries!

Carcharodon

Avenger
Reaction score
So I'm making scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions, and frying up some bacon in a skillet. All of a sudden, I hear a crackle and a pop (the familiar sound of sizzling bacon), and half a second later a sharp burning sensation in my left eye. I was three feet away from the skillet and some apparently weaponized bacon grease somehow made it past my glasses and into my damned eye! :cmad:

Four days earlier, I had burned myself on said skillet while making some fries. :cmad: :cmad:

It's occurred to me that there are a lot of dangerous items in the kitchen, and making fresh food comes with its own set of apparent risks and dangers. :csad:

Having read other threads, I've picked up on the fact that there are plenty of food aficionados here at the Hype!, so there just has to be a wealth of wonderful and possibly horrific cooking stories involving self-mutilation and embarrasing injuries. So have at it. :cmad:

I almost cut the end of my finger off the last time I was making sushi...

I burned my finger making pizza the other week :csad:

Do you use a special sushi/filleting knife? Those things are damn sharp. I've got an assload of sushi-making supplies, but no money and no place to get good fish. :csad:

Do you use a special sushi/filleting knife? Those things are damn sharp. I've got an assload of sushi-making supplies, but no money and no place to get good fish. :csad:
yeah I did, and yes, it is sharp... I now buy my sushi already prepared. It costs me around 60$ to get all the ingredients for sushi

Death By Cuisinart. It is how some of you are going to go out.

jag

I got Tabasco sauce in my eye a few times, that **** burns, its sometimes worse than pepper spray.

My little sister got hold of my aunts mace sprayer, i was around 8 and she was 5-6, well she maced me...

my grandpa threw quarters into the bath tub and dunked my head in a few times telling me to open my eyes and find em..

same situation 4 years later, i was 12 she was 9, she maced me with my moms pepper spray, this time i cleaned my eyes out myself.

o and another time on the 9th grade bus, a friend of mine though it would be funny to mace me and my other friend, it killed but we delt with it.

I knew someone who grilled alive in a ferry that sank in the uk. :csad:

My little sister got hold of my aunts mace sprayer, i was around 8 and she was 5-6, well she maced me...

my grandpa threw quarters into the bath tub and dunked my head in a few times telling me to open my eyes and find em..

same situation 4 years later, i was 12 she was 9, she maced me with my moms pepper spray, this time i cleaned my eyes out myself.

o and another time on the 9th grade bus, a friend of mine though it would be funny to mace me and my other friend, it killed but we delt with it.

Alrighty. :dry:

Ice-man left out the fact that eats Mace.

I was putting some spaghetti on my table to eat once and as I was sitting down accidently tilted towards me and spilled it all over my arm, got a nasty burn on my wrist that actually left a scar.

plenty of cuts here and thier.my worst injury involved a lobster breakdown cut,the spines got through my gloves,now the cut itself isnt bad but when your dealign with crustaceuns thiers alot of major bacteria and the cut took three years to go away,it went from a huge boil looking thing to a fungus I had to cut/file each day.I get alot of sizzler burns to but usully from my coworkers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"