Couple questions from a Hellboy fan but not to big on the comics...

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
Hi! I've been around here before but not for awhile. I saw the trailer when it came out and WOW! It looks great.

I'm a big fan of the first movie. Seems like alot of people didn't like it, but I loved it. Still watch it. Anyway, I only have a couple Hellboy comics, so you're gonna have to help me out a little. :hehe:

Movie_Stills_2.jpg

Who's the Mysterio reject?
Kidding. He looks cool. Anyway, his name is Johann? What's he do and what's he about?

And who's the badass in the trailer with the white hair and face. He looks like a villain, no doubt. Is he a comics guy? And that thing with no eyes and wings (with eyes on those) that snarled in the trailer, Angel of Death? I don't know.

Thanks.:)

Johann is a former median(person who speaks with ghosts) one day he messed up and lost his body. The BPRD build his ghost form a containment suit which is what you see there. Johann's spirit comes out of holes in his fingertips in the suit and he uses his power to speak to ghosts. Oh and the big bad in this is new and only for the movie.

Ah okay. Johann sounds weird. I think I'll like him though. Atleast if they can pull it off really cool.

So pretty much they're making a villain up for this like they did with Sammael in the first one? I don't think he was in the comics.

Ah okay. Johann sounds weird. I think I'll like him though. Atleast if they can pull it off really cool.

So pretty much they're making a villain up for this like they did with Sammael in the first one? I don't think he was in the comics.
Sammael was based on these evil frog monsters from the comics. In the movie they get thier ass kicked. In the comic they kicked the BPRD's ass for a few vols.

Oh! Yeah I've seen those before. lol.

Thanks!

I wonder what happened to Abes neck thing that held water?

Well looking at the background, isn't that a place in the trailer where Hellboy and someone are fighting? Maybe Abe's device gets damaged or knocked off...

But I don't know.:confused:

Abe does wear his respirator and goggles in the film, but not in this particular scene. Why? Can't say.

The creature with eyes in her wings is the Angel of Death, and we also see tooth faeries and Wink the Troll, played by Brian Steele. There are also some amazing critters to be seen in the Troll Market that I think audiences will enjoy.

HM

How do you know this?:confused:

Not doubting you, just wondering.

I hope they get rid of the water respirator. Abe should be without it.

He shouldn't. He doesn't need it in the comic. And hopefully they nudge that more toward the comics.

Oh.

Anyway, this isn't about the second movie but it's always made me wonder. How come Kroenen had to twist that timer thing on his chest? What was it for?:confused:

Oh.

Anyway, this isn't about the second movie but it's always made me wonder. How come Kroenen had to twist that timer thing on his chest? What was it for?:confused:

he was winding up his gears like you do to make a watch tick. he's mechanical inside. a clockwork nazi.

Well I know that. But what was the point?

How do you know this?:confused:

Not doubting you, just wondering.

I was on set last September. Saw the Troll Market sequence being filmed.

Anyway, the respirator and goggles are still very much part of Abe's appearance in this film. However, GdT has said that Abe goes through several 'changes' in the film, so we can perhaps expect to see him whuppin' ass without them as well.

HM

I hope you're not lying. Cause I like the ass kicking Abe.

Is the tooth fairy in the trialer? and what is that huge tentacle thingy in the trailer?

Well I know that. But what was the point?

Kroenen was winding himself down. Putting himself to sleep for Broom's examination. The real question is, if Broom didn't wind him back up, how did he get up from the table. But, I guess that could be attributed to Rasputin.

Is the tooth fairy in the trialer? and what is that huge tentacle thingy in the trailer?

Tooth Faeries - beginning of the trailer. Little crab-like critters with teeth. Lots and lots of teeth ...

The tentacle thingy is an Elemental.

HM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"