Crisis on Infinite Earths (Animated Trilogy?)

I'm really surprised they are wrapping up this continuity this quickly. If this was their initial plan, they certainly didn't give themselves a lot of breathing room:

Special Feature: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part One - Crisis Prime(er)

The filmmakers reveal in detail their intricate plan to create a comprehensive animated universe across seven films concluding with the events of the three-part adaptation Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths

I’ll be watching, but this doesn’t really excite me. Wish we’d go back to getting some direct adaptations. I think this universe started faltering almost immediately after Man of Tomorrow.

I'd gladly trade this for a three-part adaptation of "Superman:Birthright" instead.

I know they say all, but do they really mean all?
You have Fleischer superman from the 40s.
AQ had a series in the 60s, as did batman.
Superfriends in the 70s, another batman in the 70s.
Plastic man, etc etc.

Reprising their Tomorrowverse roles for Crisis on Infinite Earths are Darren Criss as Superman & Earth-2 Superman, Stana Katic as Wonder Woman & Superwoman, and Jensen Ackles as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Other returning voice cast include Matt Bomer as The Flash/Barry Allen, Meg Donnelly as Supergirl & Harbinger, Jimmi Simpson as Green Arrow, and Zachary Quinto as Lex Luthor.

Rounding out the ensemble are Jonathan Adams as Monitor, Ike Amadi as J’onn J’onzz/Martian Manhunter, Amazing Man & Ivo, Geoffrey Arend as Psycho Pirate & Hawkman, Zack Callison as Dick Grayson/Robin, Alexandra Daddario as Lois Lane, Alastair Duncan as Alfred, Matt Lanter as Blue Beetle & Ultraman, Ato Essandoh as Mr Terrific, Cynthia Hamidi as Dawnstar, Aldis Hodge as John Stewart/Green Lantern & Power Ring, Erika Ishii as Doctor Light/Dr. Hoshi & Huntress, David Kaye as The Question, Ashleigh LaThrop as Iris West, Liam Mcintyre as Aquaman & Johnny Quick, Nolan North as Hal Jordan, Amazo & Homeless Man, Lou Diamond Phillips as The Spectre & Owlman, Keesha Sharp as Vixen and Harry Shum Jr. as Brainiac 5.

Watched it.

It's a glorified Flash/Barry movie. He gets 95% of the screentime and story.

Batman/Superman come second.

Everyone else are glorified cameos/guest stars with minimal lines.

So if you're a big flash/barry fan then definitely will enjoy it i think.

Watched it.

It's a glorified Flash/Barry movie. He gets 95% of the screentime and story.

Batman/Superman come second.

Everyone else are glorified cameos/guest stars with minimal lines.

So if you're a big flash/barry fan then definitely will enjoy it i think.

To be honest, it felt like I was watching three different movies that were edited together.

- Justice League origin film involving Amazo and Lex Luthor.

- Crisis on Two Earths involving the Crime Syndicate.

- The actial Crisis of Infinite Earths.

It was interesting to find out that despite being labeled Earth-1, there were some things that deviated from the normal canon (i.e., Batman not taking in Robin, No Wonder Woman on Earth-1).

Also, it was really hard to get invested in most of the relationships since a lot of it happened off screen. The Tomorrowverse would have really benefitted from investing more time in developing all of these relationships on screen through the course of several films before adapting this storyline.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Part I; the time-jumping worked for me, for the most part. Would have loved to see an adaptation of Trinity in the Tomorrowverse.

That’s Constantine as the Pariah character, right?

Reading above comments (and agreeing on most points), I'm slightly conflicted as well on this. But I still enjoyed it, and somehow looking forward to the next chapter. It's bonkers years since I read the comic books about this. Maybe time for a re-read (if I have the same patience now as an old fart lol).

I'll have to try to put off watching it until I've seen part one.

The 4K/Bluray isn't even out yet and already they are dropping the trailer for Part Two.

They did the same thing for Long Halloween, but it's still kind of crazy.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Part 2 came out in the next month or two.

TERRY!!!

He better be voiced by Will Friedle.

Last edited:
I still wait on physical media releases for these... I've bought just about every single one since Superman Doomsday. Kinda sucks you have to wait a few extra weeks, but I get they're trying to move away from physical media... which I don't like, but whatever.

I like Barry Allen, so I'm for sure excited for it. Kinda sucks everyone else takes a big back seat though.

I still wait on physical media releases for these... I've bought just about every single one since Superman Doomsday. Kinda sucks you have to wait a few extra weeks, but I get they're trying to move away from physical media... which I don't like, but whatever.
I'm exactly the same. My DC animation collection is pretty big now.

I'm exactly the same. My DC animation collection is pretty big now.
I'm missing a few of the newer ones (suicide squad & maybe one of the newer Batman ones) but I have all the ones up to a point. I've really enjoyed most of them over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"