Crisis on Infinite Earths (Animated Trilogy?)

The other, however - Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part Three - will indeed have Conroy reprising Bruce Wayne/Batman from Batman: The Animated Series. The first part of the Crisis on Infinite Earths trilogy was released earlier this month, and we're still awaiting release dates for Parts 2 and 3.

The circumstances are sad but it will be great to hear Conroy back as BTAS Batman one last time. Kinda brings it full circle.

So I'm guessing the DCAU will just have a cameo in the final movie? Meh.

PART TWO is rumored to have a physical media release date of APRIL 23 2024:

Also, in regards to the Kevin Conroy rumor, both his publicist (Gary Miereanu) and Jason O'Mara (who I guess Kevin got friendly with on the Con circuit?) have hinted at Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League NOT being his final Batman performance:

We'll just have to wait and see if he does indeed appear in PART THREE.

JLCOIE Part One has just entered the UK Blu-ray chart - straight in at # 7. However, it doesn't feature anywhere on the DVD top 100, so I'm guessing there's no actual DVD release for this?

JLCOIE Part One has just entered the UK Blu-ray chart - straight in at # 7. However, it doesn't feature anywhere on the DVD top 100, so I'm guessing there's no actual DVD release for this?

No DVD... just one steelbook 4K/Blu-Ray combo release.

So, does this rushed COIE trilogy mean that DC Animated films from now on are going to be set in the DCU (similar to Marvel's approach)?

If so, that'd be disappointing. It'd be an easier pill to swallow if the Elseworlds label carreid over to animation too and the animators could go back to doing direct adaptations, with new casts & artwork for each project.

This is only a guess, but I'm convinced that Gunn/Safran will now scrap any notion of a ''universe/continuity'' to remove brand confusion. Lukic and Co. pitched doing movies in a 'Kingdom Come' world post Tomorrow-verse and it was nixed by Gunn.

However, I do think WB Home Video and Gunn will be happy for the movie line to continue with ''Elseworld'' projects and standalone original stories like the Bruce Timm era.

So something like Batman: Red Rain or Superman for all Seasons would be fair game.

That's pretty much how I see it panning out. Although generally I've enjoyed their shared universe (DCAMU and Tomorrowverse) DTVs more than their standalone ones.

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Two - Digital Release Date: April 23rd 2024

Justice-League-Crisis-On-Infinite-Earths.jpg

Part-Two-Front.jpg

Part-Two-Back.jpg

Batman will be on the Blu-ray spine:

Blu-Ray-cover-and-spine.jpg

EDIT: And here's the trailer:

Last edited:
Finally, we have confirmation that Will Friedle will be voicing Terry McGinnis in the movie. First time he has returned to the role in 10 years.

Interestingly, he is also older now than Conroy was when they started recording the show together back in 97/98.

Wonderful to get one final project with the greatest to ever do it.

They'll also have voice lines together in Multiversus this year which is supposed to launch (or re-launch) in the Spring.

See the full cast of actors making their debuts in Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part 3 below:

Kevin Conroy - Batman
Mark Hamill - Joker
Corey Stoll - Lex Luthor
Brian Bloom - Adam Strange & Sidewinter
Elysia Rotaru - Black Canary
Armen Taylor - Jay Garrick
Cynthia Kaye McWilliams - Dr. Beth Chapel/Cheetah
Dean Winters - Captain Storm
Jason Spisak - Blue Lantern Razer, Hayseed
Brett Halton - Batlash & Captain Atom
Ashly Burch - Nightshade, Queen Mera
Katee Sackhoff - Poison Ivy

PART TWO drops today.

IGN has given it a 4/10:

Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Two is a lackluster follow-up to an already flawed opening act. Despite revolving around a group of heroes battling to save existence from total annihilation, the film struggles to build meaningful stakes and establish a sense of dramatic weight.

On the whole, sounds like this was a majorly missed opportunity.

Wow....that was..bad.

So much silence, lingering shots, waste of storylines.

They tried to expand on Psycho Pirate and Kara but it seemed rather useless and too much screentime.

So many characters make stupid decisions. Especially what they did with the Batfam....

They're facing off against shadow demons but Bruce insults all of them so what happens? They all begin to fight each other before Huntress/Robin take on Batman and kick his ass. The demons just look on.

It takes Bruce being attacked by the shadow demons for everyone to come together and fend them off again.

John Stewart....omg. Amnesic Old Man Constantine taunts him or whatever so John powers up and C is calling him GL and he's all "my name is not GL! My name is JOHN!" as he goes all GL....this makes Old Man Constantine remember his own name because...its John! He now remembers who he is.

They're fighting on shadow demons and what does John do? He BLOWS UP HIS OWN LANTERN BATTERY and Ring to temporarily defeat the shadow demons....so now he's powerless and useless but what happens? They return and just form a giant Shadow demon that everyone needs to fight

COIE Earth 46 - Amazon ruled world. Which gave us about 7min of WW

Amazon Earth:
No Diana. Hippolyta and co. Apparently aren't immortal and essentially rule the world. Men are not trusted and are glorified slaves who are locked up whenever the Amazons go to war.

Amazons don't trust technology.

Diana's lasso and swords that turn into light are used to fend off the shadow demons.

They appear to fail and the world is seemingly destroyed

All the Bat fam turn up but of course Diana only has Hippolyta to represent the WW fam

Part 2 sucked in comparison to the first part.
Also wtf was up with bastardized characteristics of Jensen Batman with the Bat-family. He acted totally out of character for Bruce?

Good lord I was beyond bored watching this. Holy hell. Only 90 minutes but felt like 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"