Revenge of the Fallen Crowd Reaction Thread

Well at the IMAX version i was at people clapped and cheered, it was a nice positive experience.:yay:

how old were those kids? under 8?

I had a similar situation happen with kids during my IMAX screening. When Optimus gets shanked by Megatron tons of kids just start moaning and crying. Saw about (no exaggeration) 10 or so parents walk out with their kids who were mourning (or just scarred) the death of Prime.

Knucklehead parents should know better. Most of these kids looked like they were 5 so its understandable that they would react that way.
Well it was kinda brutal. Prime got impaled and then his "heart" was blown to bits!

Imagine if they killed Bumblebee... Lol....

And if parents watched the old movie, they prolly were thinking Optimus is not coming back... so 8(

There were laughs at all jokes, especially Wheelie/Mikaela's interactions and Léo getting shocked.

Shock and disbeliefe over Optimus death.

Laughs and commets at Sam/Mikaela's interactions and Alice's ****ting.

Clapping at the end.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying the forets fighst with "ohhs" and "aahhs" but after Prime got killed suddenly the theater was silent.

The three people with me in the cinema seemed happy about the movie when I spoke with them afterwards and one was quite exuberant, saying something like, "That was awesome!". I also heard a couple of quiet giggles during the screening itself. Most of Transformers 2's attempts at humour fell flat though.

I'll admit it. I got teary eyed in when Prime died in 1986 as well. And we didn't get him back right away.

Weird. My experience back then was of people getting teary-eyed when that abomination to cinema cast aside everything people cared about and replaced it with worthless crap and a talking planet. :huh:

The first time when the theater was packed to capacity, people clapped, cheered and laughed at every joke.

The second time I saw it, on Tuesday in the middle of the day, there were at the most 45-50 people and a group of 17-18 year old guys would cheer and clap every time Megan Fox would be on screen.

People in the theatre I was in laughed at the jokes, cheered and clapped at the end and...

When Prime was impladed by Megatron the audience all gasped then when Megs shot his fusion cannon, now in Prime's Chest the audience yelled at the screen

my second viewing was at a "black" theater

"aw hell naw, not optimus"
lol

that sounds so racist, yet, i giggled? i guess i can't criticize you.:csad:

I'm pretty sure if he was racist he wouldn't go to a "black" theater and his username wouldn't be Marvin. Wait is Marvin a black name or am I stereotyping?

When Prime 'died', someone in my crowd said "That's ********!".

When Prime 'died', someone in my crowd said "That's ********!".

that was almost me...but i seen some pics of the jetfire/prime combination so i knew hed be back. however there was a huge gasp from the audience then silence.

I actually saw the scenes of him in the desert so I knew he was coming back(i actually hoped he was going to be walking the desert ala christ like figure in his death state

but yea because I the trailers presented those desert scenes I was completely surprised by the death itself.

This would had to have been one of the first blockbuster movies I've seen when the audience didn't applaud at the end of opening night.

People laughed at every funny scene, wowed the awesome action and loved the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"