Cryptocurrency & Stock Investing

I'm up $1,600 or so thanks to AAVE and VET. Gonna buy some more VET soon as that has been doing incredibly well over the last few months (I've been hodling it since 01/2018) and I believe it will be listed on Coinbase soon. With that and some new contracts in it's future it might explode some after that, who knows.

Didn't know there was a thread here about this.

I own about 12.7 ETH. I got the first 0.9 of it back in 2018, and the rest in 2019. I basically won the entire amount from a local Ethereum hackathon for software devs, so didn't actually shell out any money for any of it either.

Been shocked and amazed by its value since the spike in February this year. It was worth $17K in February. Right now as I type this it's $23K. Definitely going to keep holding onto it to see how much higher it goes!

Based on what I've been hearing and learning, the value of ETH is likely to keep going up. Ethereum 2.0 will be here soon to increase the scalability of the network, and DeFi seems to be shaping up as the "killer app" that the Ethereum blockchain (and really, blockchain in general) needs.

Last edited:
I sold some of my Litecoin. Only a couple hundred but it’s not a crypto I really follow much. I still have my BTC, ETH and DOGE

is anyone familiar with eToro or using it?

This video does a wonderful job of hitting home the environmental impact of cryptocurrency.

I sold some of my Litecoin. Only a couple hundred but it’s not a crypto I really follow much. I still have my BTC, ETH and DOGE

This can probably be merged with the bitcoin thread, especially as it seems to be the more informative of the two.

how's everyone holding up? i'm still kinda regretting not selling my Doge when it was up UP.

haven't been researching or working my portfolio lately, but i've started a new job with a promotion and was thinking of putting some of the extra money i didn't have before into my portfolio. like a bi-weekly allowance so to speak.

i'm tempted to pick up more GSAT. i've been sitting on 10 shares forever, but i'm always too cautious and need to do some research first.
also want to pull the trigger on Kadmon, since they're about to be bought for 1.9B

^ i didn't jump on kadmon, only bought 2 shares, but i've not lost any money. so there's that.

I bumped the thread for two reasons:
1) just wanted to see how everyone is faring. This time last year, my Coinbase portfolio was $430.00. Today it is over $2000 :eek: My other portfolio increased by almost $9k at one point this year, but i sold minimal, and am currently at a $3k profit. could've cashed out more, but you live, and learn. eh

2) just curious how people feel about Shiba, the hot new crypto everyone is talking about. I have 500k shares lol. I still think DOGE will hit $1 before SHIB does, if either ever do, but even if SHIB hits $.25, i'm in an okay spot.

Still holding my VET and AAVE and in the green. I think DOGE will decline ultimately and have no faith in it.

I have a bunch of SHIB on Binance, but I hate their interface and the fact I lost £100 in a transfer of funds to my Binance account several months ago and never got it back from them or my bank. Both denied it was their fault and wouldn't help me to find out what actually happened to it... Grrrrr!

Anyways, I want to transfer my SHIB across. Which is supported, but Binance want around $50 in fees to perform the transfer. Regardless of the amount of coins being moved.
You see I wanted to do a small move first to see if it worked, but they still want $50 to do it.
Not so bad if I am transferring 37 million SHIB, but when you just want to try 1 million in case it f**ks up, being charged 650,000 SHIB to do it is a bit steep!

Anyone have any insights as how I can minimise my costs and get this across to Coinbase?

Thanking you in advance... :yay:

I’m into some good old fashioned mutual funds…your grandpa’s Bitcoin

I have a bunch of SHIB on Binance, but I hate their interface and the fact I lost £100 in a transfer of funds to my Binance account several months ago and never got it back from them or my bank. Both denied it was their fault and wouldn't help me to find out what actually happened to it... Grrrrr!

Anyways, I want to transfer my SHIB across. Which is supported, but Binance want around $50 in fees to perform the transfer. Regardless of the amount of coins being moved.
You see I wanted to do a small move first to see if it worked, but they still want $50 to do it.
Not so bad if I am transferring 37 million SHIB, but when you just want to try 1 million in case it f**ks up, being charged 650,000 SHIB to do it is a bit steep!

Anyone have any insights as how I can minimise my costs and get this across to Coinbase?

Thanking you in advance... :yay:

Is the gas fee in ETH? Or does it just come right out of the SHIB? If its ETH I'd say wait until a Sunday when gas prices tend to be lower, not sure about SHIB itself. Coins that use their own coin for transfers tend to be more consistent and related to their current value from my experience, so transferring when the price falls is the only "best" time to do so.

Here is how I ended up doing my transfer.

On Binance
SHIB > BUSD > SOL

On Coinbase
Go to SOL asset and click "send/receive"
Click "Receive" in the new window and get your SOL address

On Binance
Add the SOL address from Coinbase into a new address save and whitelist it
Go to your Sol crypto and click the "withdraw" link
Run through the process to add the address to use as the recipient
Jump through some security hoops and wait a while for your SOL to arrive to your Coinbase

If you try to use the SOL to Coinbase address straightway it will probably come up with "network suspended". Click "set reminder" and choose how you want to be informed it is okay.
Shouldn't take too long.

I converted a couple of million SHIB this way and ended up paying a much smaller fee than sending SHIB directly. Once it's in Coinbase, just convert it back to SHIB.
Job done...

EDIT
If you have to do this more than once and on different days, you will need to check the receive address on Coinbase as I believe it changes on a daily basis. This means you will HAVE to create a new address on Binance.

I've now moved all my SHIB off of Binance. Yay...

Last edited:
ive never used Binance but could be helpful to someone.

i'm basically using Coinbase, Robinhood and Crypto right now. not sure i want to venture out more than that since the bitsane scandal. i am not even sure i wanna know how much i lost in that

I'd never recommend Binance, never.
That's why I spent a lot of time researching the most cost effective way to get my crypto off of it...

Last edited:
Bill Maher's bit on all the crypto/environmental impact stuff and the hypocrisy this week was hilarious.

In for a penny, in for a SHIB... :yay:

I'm taking a gamble on it for the long term. I've converted my remaining SOL and another (I've forgotten what!) along with a small purchase too.
Now standing at a touch above 50M SHIB.

I hope this does not spectacularly backfire on me... Although I'm willing to hold on to them for the next several years if I need to.

How do people do this s**t for a living? The stress is killing me... :D:o

Just converted all of my SHIB into ALGO. I have a feeling SHIB is about to take a nosedive...
If it does crater, I'll wait until it bottoms out and convert my ALGO back to SHIB.
If SHIB goes like it did earlier this year, I could make a ten-fold increase in my SHIB coinage.

I must be nuts... :loco:

ive never used Binance but could be helpful to someone.

i'm basically using Coinbase, Robinhood and Crypto right now. not sure i want to venture out more than that since the bitsane scandal. i am not even sure i wanna know how much i lost in that

I don't think Robinhood is available in the UK, but I will look to see if Crypto is. I did use Coinbase Pro a couple of times last week. Thankfully you can use the same login with Coinbase and Coinbase Pro.

my SHIB and ELON have tanked haha.
bought a little bit more of BTC after selling off a few penny stocks.

haven't been following anything too closely lately

Pretty much every crypto went down 25-30%...
Along with a bunch of companies share prices, Netflix for example.

Some are saying that we are in for a major worldwide crash. I hope not...

It’s just the market correcting itself. It won’t be anything like 2008 hopefully.

Does anyone know any free courses online for day trading? I’m kind of interested in learning more about it and possibly picking it up as a side gig.

i haven't touched my crypto in months, and i haven't really bought any new stocks.

YTD, i am down 1900 for the year :(
i hope yall are doing better than i am this year

anyone still investing in crypto or stocks?

i cashed in my ETH. it's about $300 so it itsn't much. i haven't really bought any crypto or stocks this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"