Crystal Sky took Werewolf by Night off it's Website

Advanced Dark said:
The reason it's important (for Marvel) to have big characters first is because they are the type of characters that are "even pics" supported by huge amounts of merchandise, toys, video games, etc...These same characters are usually picked up by coporations to promote their products during movies. You wont' go to McDonalds and see Blade Happy Meals. That's one reason. The other is the big pics are likely to gain alot of attention and make alot of money to stimulate other studios and give them confidence and making more films. The other reason (for the fans) is that the big characters are big for a reason. They're the most popular. That's about it.

Exactly

Mr. Magoo said:
There's nothing to explain as far as I'm concerned. We just don't agree. Although, I do think you should speak for yourself as far as why certain people b***h about no-namers getting movies. A lot of times I'll read comments from people who are completely uninterested in seeing Ant-Man or Werewolf by Night or Deathlok get their own films, not just angry at "Marvel" for making them first.

Look, I like Marvel. Probably not AS much as some of you people, but I do. But I well and truly just don't understand why it's so important that the "big" characters get movies first. Is it like a competition or something? Are you going to expire before 2008? As long as Marvel shows an active interest in making an Iron Man movie, I could care less which order it actually comes out in. I'd prefer that they do whatever it takes to get it done right rather than fast anyway. I guess you don't, which is fine.

However, if you want to go with the "A-listers are better" argument, then I'll put it this way: ever hear the expression "save the best for last?" ;)

It's not the sole reason, but in my opinion, it's one of the main reasons. And I can understand such frustrations because I would rather see movies for the A-listers such as Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor over ther Z-listers such as Man-Thing, Werewolf By Night, and Mort the Dead Teenager. I would rather see movies for the B-listers Black Widow, Nick Fury, Dr. Strange, and Luke Cage over the Z-listers. I'd rather see sequels such as Spider-Man 3, the Punisher 2, Hulk 2, Daredevil 2, and X-Men: the Last Stand over the Z-lister movies.

I find this a little odd. Not that i'm shedding tears over the movie its just that i was under the impression that this was going get made just like Deathlok.

Werewolf by Night Movie Update
Source: blades_shades November 18, 2005

Scooper 'blades_shades' recently got in touch with Crystal Sky about their upcoming adaptation of Werewolf by Night. The company revealed that plans are moving forward and that filming is targeted for next year. The director and cast will be announced soon, they said.

Werewolf by Night is based on the Marvel comic about a young man cursed with the blood of a werewolf who falls in love with a beautiful but deadly bounty hunter.

The film was written by Robert Nelson Jacobs ("Chocolat").
Crystal Sky Prepping Werewolf by Night Shoot
Source: Variety November 5, 2004

In a Variety article talking about Crystal Sky's upcoming slate of films to shoot in the UK over the next six months, the trade says Werewolf by Night is on the schedule.

Pics include "Werewolf by Night," based on the Marvel Comic about a young man cursed with the blood of a werewolf who falls in love with a beautiful but deadly bounty hunter. Pic was penned by Robert Nelson Jacobs ("Chocolat").

Stay tuned for more updates on the adaptation.
Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=2181
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3642

TheVileOne said:
Does anyone really want to see Werewolf by Night?

Yeah, I would definitely have liked to have seen Werewolf By Night.

Retroman said:
I find this a little odd. Not that i'm shedding tears over the movie its just that i was under the impression that this was going get made just like Deathlok.

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=2181
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3642

I thought that was my best find. At the time it was but then it turned out the dude from crystal sky who e-mailed me was clueless. LOL Probably see the character in the Blade TV series now butting heads with Moon K.

Maybe not every Marvel character is meant for the big screen.

^ Sure they are...just not in the same year, and some have to wait for the right film technology to come out. Though not all are meant to appease a Spiderman size audience.

Make no mistake: the Robert Nelson-Jacobs script is utter crap, very unfaithful to the comic-books...

I sort of figured that the movie would deviate from the comics quite a bit, especially when Arad started comparing it to Romeo & Juliet (which Underworld already copied). That doesn't bother me that much, 'specially since I've read very few comics involving Werewolf By Night.

Is the script utter crap because it makes a lot of changes from the comic books, or is it utter crap that ALSO makes a lot of changes from the comic books?

Mr. Magoo said:
or is it utter crap that ALSO makes a lot of changes from the comic books?

:up:

The script got no resemblance at all with the Marvel titular character, think of it like a derivative PG-13 crap: Romeo & Juliet meet Buffy meet Blade meet Underworld. Night security guard Jake Lightman (note the name change!) falls in love with veterinary graduate student (???) Laura Curwen, daughter of Isaiah, leader of a werewolf-hunters club. Laura get bitten by Jake/Wolf, she turns into a werewolf and has her dad erroneously kill her with a silver bolt.

TheVileOne said:
I bet Advanced Dark has never even read a Werewolf by Night comic in his life.

:up: :D Yep, I think so...

emi said:
:up: :D Yep, I think so...

Well I'm sure your copies have the pages stuck together. But actually do own many of them and read them back in the day and have the first appearance of Moon Knight too. Hey VileOne it might be a good idea to stop baiting people because I'd be more than happy to post your pictures here on the SHH boards or link people to them. I haven't yet because I don't want to offend anyone. :)

How about talking about the possibilities of a movie instead of taking petty pot shots at each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"