The Winter Soldier Cut Content and Deleted Scenes (Spoilers)

TJByrum

Captain America Fan
Reaction score
A few of you have seen early screenings, and some of you have seen the full movie already.

For those of who watched the early screenings (before the movie was 'complete') and a complete copy, did you notice if anything was cut?

For those who haven't seen an early screening but you have seen the movie, did you notice anything in the trailers that weren't there in the movie?

Do you think the deleted scenes are a good thing or bad thing?

I haven't seen the film, but on another thread, someone mentioned that the shot at the end of the Comic Con trailer with The Winter Soldier picking up Cap's shield and he had smeared black eye make up wasn't in the film because he doesn't have make up on in the causeway fight in the final film.

So I don't know if that shot was just for the promotional trailers of the film or they shot the scene with the eye make up and done reshoots without it and preferred the one without.

I sort of liked the eye make up though because it was a nod to TWS black domino mask in the comics, so unless that is a deleted scene, I don't know?

There were a number of scenes in the film that were nice surprises. For example, the scene with Cap, BW, and Maria Hill in the hospital with a body on the operating table - in the trailers and the promo shots I saw, the body was covered, head to toe. In the movie, in the exact same shot, the head on the body is uncovered. I LOVED that -they must have digitally inserted the covering in the trailer and promo stuff to help conceal the identity of who is underneath.

I saw an early version of the ocean liner hostage rescue online. In the film though, there were a few more snippets of dialogue between Cap, BW, and the rescue team while they were on the QuinJet... and a LOT more content of Cap taking on the pirate/mercenaries. I really liked that, too - they saved a lot of stuff for the screen, and a lot of it was GOOD.

I really dig this trend of showing us little segments of what we THINK is the finished product, but then showing us even MORE when the film comes out. It keeps us spoiler-addicts surprised at the final outcome!

When Falcon asks Captain America when do they start with their next mission, it cuts to the credits.

But in the trailer, Captain America replies "we just did".

Teekay mentioned that they cut some Man out of Time stuff from the test screening such as more scenes of Steve driving around town on his bike, but wasn't in the final film, so that will probably be in deleted scenes.

Has anyone else heard of any deleted scenes?

From the trailers they cut Steve's response to Nat's

"Everyone's trying to kill us"

"She can be overly dramatic"

I thought it was cool how a couple of things on thinks Pierce is saying to Steve in the first trailer instead says to the WS and BW: The changed the world to WS and "Are you ready for the world to see you as you truly are" to BW.

Its been a couple of days since I saw it so i cant remember but did Cap say "damn right!" Like he did in the trailer after he beat up those soldiers in the elevator?

No shield smash. They used it in all the trailers and lots of tv spots, and it wasn't in the film. :csad:

Its been a couple of days since I saw it so i cant remember but did Cap say "damn right!" Like he did in the trailer after he beat up those soldiers in the elevator?
"Damn right" is in the film, but it is when he is talking to Widow on the boat. The line when used in the trailer was out of context.

Which shield smash, Darth?
BLwzmKw.gif

Unless I somehow missed it.

Also Maria Hill talking to Sitwell during Caps escape seemed to have been cut as well.

I haven't seen the film, but on another thread, someone mentioned that the shot at the end of the Comic Con trailer with The Winter Soldier picking up Cap's shield and he had smeared black eye make up wasn't in the film because he doesn't have make up on in the causeway fight in the final film.

So I don't know if that shot was just for the promotional trailers of the film or they shot the scene with the eye make up and done reshoots without it and preferred the one without.

I sort of liked the eye make up though because it was a nod to TWS black domino mask in the comics, so unless that is a deleted scene, I don't know?

Yeah unless they removed that in post, I don't think I saw any of that. Or maybe it was fainter in the movie then the candid shots.

BLwzmKw.gif

Unless I somehow missed it.

That shot from the trailer might actually be two different shots cut together to make it look like one. That said I can't say I recall him doing that finishing move with the Shield either or that jump. There was a part though when watching it that after it cuts from Falcon action to Steve surrounded by the unconscious Hydra troops as they communicate via radio. It just felt like some stuff of Steve infiltrating the first helicarrier may have been cut. Possibly some stuff from Falcon too because I don't recall seeing him actually defeat/destroy the Quinjet that was flying around chasing him.

There's also a couple of shots of the repulsor engines that almost felt like a Checkov's gun situation and I was hoping there would be some thing involving one of the engines. I was half expecting Falcon to false out the pursuing Quinjet and lead it straight into one of the carrier engines or maybe Steve tossing one of the Hydra goons into one. Although that's probably not a deleted scene. The part where Falcon and Cap get separated by WS on the last carrier, it almost feels like there's a fight scene or something missing before Steve goes to face Bucky in the Carrier Control center. There's Falcon vs. Rumlow fight also but even that feels a like there's some chunks missing. Maybe it's because TFA had the fight scene with the Hydra flight crew right before the confrontation with Red Skull, although you could say there's a variation/inversion of that in the scene where WS takes on the SHIELD ground crew and Quinjets. They even had a little nod to the propeller bit from TFA.

But yeah it feels like some bits of the climax was cut kinda close but overall it still works and is an exciting sequence. The movie has more than enough action but then again I wouldn't complain if there was more to the climatic battle. It would be interesting to find out what if anything was cut/removed. Or maybe sometimes ignorance is bliss. The extended cut of The Wolverine totally killed the theatrical version for me. Since TWS probably won't nor does it really need a director's cut, it might be too painful to learn if they cut anything that I may have really enjoyed to see on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"