Civil War Captain America: Civil War - Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving these early reactions from mostly critics. But I'm still going to go with grounded expectations to my screening, helps me enjoy a movie even more.

so apparently tom holland flew back to la for the afterparty after flying to vegas for cinemacon after walking the red carpet of the cw premiere?! Jeez, marvel, take it easy, he's just a kid!

#roughlife

I thought there would be a flood of tweets after last nights premiere. Props to flickchick though. You're doing the lords work

From the guy who created The Winter Soldier.

Ed Brubaker ‏@brubaker
If you're a Winter Soldier fan, you're going to love Captain America: Civil War. Also it's going to be the biggest movie of the year.

Ed Brubaker ‏@brubaker
I'm not going to spoil anything, but I will say it's very much still a Cap and Winter Soldier movie. Slash-fiction fans will rejoice.

I'm hesitant to let these early reactions make me think it's a perfect movie. I remember early reactions to AoU were also strong and that "Whedon had done it again".

AOU was fun. CW will be fun. Thats all I care about.

I'm hesitant to let these early reactions make me think it's a perfect movie. I remember early reactions to AoU were also strong and that "Whedon had done it again".

There is no perfect movie. Especially a movie of this scope and cast. Also yes Whedon did it again. Delivered a good movie. CW will have flaws but it will be judged by the sum of it's parts.

Sometimes i think some of you can become really nitpicky...

Am I missing something when people here rip on AoU as some sort of failure? The movie was arguably better than Avengers plot-wise and had a less ridiculous villain (common MCU complaint).

Outside these sorts of geek websites, I never heard about people complaining about AoU. Maybe that it wasn't as good as Avengers but that it sucked? News to me and probably most of the world.

AoU held incredibly well coming after the critical and public reception of the first one,unlike movies like Spectre or Spider-Man 3. And I personally like it more than Avengers.

Am I missing something when people here rip on AoU as some sort of failure? The movie was arguably better than Avengers plot-wise and had a less ridiculous villain (common MCU complaint).

Outside these sorts of geek websites, I never heard about people complaining about AoU. Maybe that it wasn't as good as Avengers but that it sucked? News to me and probably most of the world.

Yeah, same here. I am too missing something lol
I have a buddy who is a little bit of a movie geek, he also enjoys watching them comic book movies, but not into comicbooks at all. And he said he enjoyed AoU more because "it had more characters".
And his favourite Marvel (movie) character is Thor.

So yeah, I am sure that the GA (who are not that much into comic book movies or comics) really really enjoyed AoU.

I think AOU suffered the second movie curse. If the first Avengers would have been lackluster AOU would have been TDK to viewers. But it's hard to go from amazing to amazinger.

I just never heard a list of complaints with the movie itself aside from minor fanboy gripes. Ulton making a few jokes=a bad movie?

Spectre, now that was a trainwreck following the hype of a great movie.

I think AOU suffered the second movie curse. If the first Avengers would have been lackluster AOU would have been TDK to viewers. But it's hard to go from amazing to amazinger.
Yeah it's all about expectations.

Perfect is a tough thing to do for any movie not just MCU films.

None of these films are anywhere near perfect so that word has no business in these parts lol. And you can have a film that is 10/10 fun but only 6/10 on the perfection scale so I'm not sure why it's something to bother too much with.

I don't think anyone (if they're being honest with themselves) thinks AOU "Sucked" especially if that person liked Avengers.

AOU gets a bad wrap because there was so much hype for it. I definitely can ge why someone would think it's not as good as Avengers, because it failed to push the genre forward the way Avengers did. The whole "It sucks" thing is mostly people being hyperbolic.

T"Challa;33441377 said:
I thought there would be a flood of tweets after last nights premiere. Props to flickchick though. You're doing the lords work
I'm sure there were more after the after party ended, but I had to go to bed, lol.

I'm sure there were more after the after party ended, but I had to go to bed, lol.

You definitelly work way too hard on finding them tweets lol Which isn't necesarry :) But I and the other members THANK YOU very much!

You definitelly work way too hard on finding them tweets lol Which isn't necesarry :) But I and the other members THANK YOU very much!
Aw, my pleasure. It's really not work for me, it's fun. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"