The Dark Knight Cut Scene: Hong Kong.

Harrygucha

Civilian
Reaction score
This takes place right after Lau/Fox meeting:

INT. HOLD, C-130 CARGO HAULER -- DAWN

Two smugglers steal glances at Wayne, crouched at the rear in balaclava and flight suit. The COPILOT signals Wayne, who pulls on his oxygen mask and stands up. The rear of the plane OPENS. Wayne steps to the edge, then JUMPS.

EXT. SKIES ABOVE HONG KONG -- DAWN

Moving across the water towards Hong Kong harbor...

A tiny figure DROPS into frame, PLUMMETING towards the water- SPEEDING past the highest floors of skyscrapers, seconds from impact. Wayne PULLS the chute- DROPS into the water...

EXT. BENEATH FREEWAY, HONG KONG HARBOR -- DAY

Wayne pulls himself out of the water, dragging up his pack.

After this scene, Bruce meets up with Fox in Hong Kong. At your guys request, I can post specific scenes of the movie. I have the screenplay. Just ask. I don't have a scanner, so the entire thing will take too long. So you guys can ask for certain scenes.

I remember reports that this shot had to be cut because of legal ramifications in China.

The shot was canceled due to water pollution in Hong Kong. It was said to be too hazardous to the actor's health to dive in the tainted water, therefore the entire stunt was scrapped.

And we have a deleted scenes thread.

Does the Joker mouth "six" or "ten".......:ninja:

Nah, Nolan said the pollution rumor was bull****

Hmmm...I wasn't aware the pollution rumor was bunked. My mistake then. Unless of course they tried to cover it up to honor Hong Kong on behalf of filming there.

CONSPIRACY! :woot:

Nolan said:
"That was my decision, nothing to do with pollution. It was simply a script decision," said Nolan at a recent press conference. "Once you see the finished film, you will understand why. As far as the pollution question goes, I honestly have no problem dumping movie stars in it."

Two possibles:

1, He spoke the truth

2, He was just being nice so as not to embarrass China

Both at once I think. Kind of a nice way to put it without actually denying the water's polluted :woot:

If the directing gig doesn't work out a career in international diplomacy awaits

Nolan said he didnt care about the pollution. He just cut it becuase he thought it wasnt needed or something like that

I remember reports that this shot had to be cut because of legal ramifications in China.

Legal ramifications? You have seen BB too much :woot:

Harrygucha said:
He doesn't mouth anything. That is just his reaction.

Wrong. The Joker mouths:

Zex und zez Und ZEX UND ZEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"