Iron Man 2 Dance-Off: Drunk Iron Man vs Justin Hammer at Stark Expo!

Hey, at least none of those dances were as embarrasingly bad and all around stupid as Reed Richards in Fantastic Four 2.

If you watch that clip of Tobey dancing in Spider-Man 3 on it's own, it's pretty funny actually...it was just disappointing and lame in context with the film though. In FF2, it was just aaaall bad.

Hey, at least none of those dances were as embarrasingly bad and all around stupid as Reed Richards in Fantastic Four 2.

Ugh, I'd forgotten all about that! :doh:

Excuses, excuses. I think the Emo dancing was worse. But this was in the same ballpark. It was cheesy and too comedic. Seeing Tony dance in that suit and then get in a drunken brawl wasn't that clever. It just reminds me of Superman III and Spider-Man 3 where they turn the hero's darkside into a bad joke. It is opening weekend, so it is okay now. But fans will turn on thiss scene soon, especially after they watch it on DVD a lot. Because it honestly does not work. Rockwell' sdancing was funny. Tony dancing was just a lame gag with Favreau in the same mindset as Raimi. Favreau didn't add hip thrusts or a bad haircut and disco music. But it is an apples to apples comparison.

not at all. Tony's dancing and the subsequent shooting things with repulsor's was kind of funny, but really troubling because it was the equivalent of watching someone you care about drunk driving, only in this case driving basically a super high tech jet fighter instead of a car. it fit right in that point in the story and was part of a larger scene with actual context. the dancing in Spider-Man 3 was just superfluous and lame.

Ugh, I'd forgotten all about that! :doh:

hahaha! Me too! It's amusing how much dancing there's been in superhero movies lately. And to think that people have the guts to badmouth The Joker's dancing in the 1989 Batman movie.

[YT]9tgxIWgJ_DE[/YT]

Hey, at least none of those dances were as embarrasingly bad and all around stupid as Reed Richards in Fantastic Four 2.*If you watch that clip of Tobey dancing in Spider-Man 3 on it's own, it's pretty funny actually...it was just disappointing and lame in context with the film though. In FF2, it was just aaaall bad.
Ha! *I forgot about that movie. *Yep, it hands down wins worst superhero dancing for laughs moment.
We've avoided another Bat-visa, luckily.

not at all. Tony's dancing and the subsequent shooting things with repulsor's was kind of funny, but really troubling because it was the equivalent of watching someone you care about drunk driving, only in this case driving basically a super high tech jet fighter instead of a car. it fit right in that point in the story and was part of a larger scene with actual context. the dancing in Spider-Man 3 was just superfluous and lame.

Not to defend SM3, but doesn't it show that Peter is using his powers to make an ass of himself (like a drunk) due to his symbiote? And is it not in context of him punching Mary Jane, which in all honesty was far more shocking (in a good way) than seeing Tony and Rhodey fight to Queen music.

Yeah the Peter dancing was lamer than Tony's. But they are done for the same reasons and both are eye-roll inducing, I think. And the drunken brawl is more laughable than the girlfriend beating.

Just throwing it out there. Just saying.

Drunk Iron Man was pretty impressive, but Justin Hammer has some maaaad skills.

Hammer wins!

Not to defend SM3, but doesn't it show that Peter is using his powers to make an ass of himself (like a drunk) due to his symbiote? And is it not in context of him punching Mary Jane, which in all honesty was far more shocking (in a good way) than seeing Tony and Rhodey fight to Queen music.

Yeah the Peter dancing was lamer than Tony's. But they are done for the same reasons and both are eye-roll inducing, I think. And the drunken brawl is more laughable than the girlfriend beating.

i agree that they had similar intents, but when seeing that scene in Spidey 3 for the first time, it instantly hit me as Raimi going for laughs, whereas the scene in Iron Man 2 really made me uncomfortable and pity Tony while being genuinely concerned someone was going to get hurt

Tony has this! He had a nice beat to beat his friend's ass to.:hehe:

Tony growling and doing that wrestler flex move was hilarious. His whole line on going to the bathroom in the suit was hilarious too. At first I thought it was hokey for the reason for Rhodey being in the suit, but he did it because Tony was drunk and he could have potentially killed or hurt someone going off with those repulsors.

Although I didn't care for the "It takes two." song. A movie should never place that song in it. "Another One Bites The Dust" was better.

The line that I didn't like was "Drop your socks and grab your crocs." That's about it.

And in its own way I agree with Figs, I thought Peter dancing was funny. The entire audience laughed when they saw it. I did too. But in context with the film, it's unecessary, but in its own way, it is funny. And dammit, Tobey has got the moves.

And in its own way I agree with Figs, I thought Peter dancing was funny. The entire audience laughed when they saw it. I did too. But in context with the film, it's unecessary, but in its own way, it is funny. And dammit, Tobey has got the moves.

:up: I've been saying this for 3 years:o

So did Peter Parker. :cwink:

[YT]wyWq_3n0Mbw[/YT]

christopher young ftw! :awesome:

Hammer had it together in his dance, Stark....pee peed himself.

And to think that people have the guts to badmouth The Joker's dancing in the 1989 Batman movie.

[YT]9tgxIWgJ_DE[/YT]

The 'Partyman' sequence has no competition, you knew one the music stopped it was a 99% chance somebody was going to get killed.

I've still got the vinyl 12" of that Prince song somewhere...:up:

rockwells little shuffle was splended.

the drunk iron-man not so much

rockwells little shuffle was splended.

the drunk iron-man not so much

Right as he's almost at the podium he does some mad crazy moves with his feet. It was mind boggling. :wow: :woot:

Actually it was christopher young who scored Spider-Man 3:oldrazz::o

He didn't compose that scene. Christopher Young, like Danny Elfman in Spider-Man 2, got screwed and had a bunch of his scenes replaced by others. With that scene it was John Debney who stepped in.

Tony growling and doing that wrestler flex move was hilarious. His whole line on going to the bathroom in the suit was hilarious too. At first I thought it was hokey for the reason for Rhodey being in the suit, but he did it because Tony was drunk and he could have potentially killed or hurt someone going off with those repulsors.

Although I didn't care for the "It takes two." song. A movie should never place that song in it. "Another One Bites The Dust" was better.

The line that I didn't like was "Drop your socks and grab your crocs." That's about it.

I've seen it 4 times now and I really didn't notice that song, but then I'm completely unfamiliar with it to begin with.

And the line was "Drop your socks and grab your crotch".

I would disagree except that they both are intended to show the main character out of control. Where they differ is that alcohol actually will have that effect on a person. But since when does the symbiote turn Peter into an emo dancing dork? That's not what it does. It's supposed to heighten aggressive tendencies. How does going emo or dancing fit? It doesn't and that's why it was a bad choice that still gets mocked. I don't think Iron Man dancing will get the same reception since it makes more sense.

Kedrell I do believe, he said, "crocs." My friend pointed it out too. It makes sense, being that they were going to fly over water and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"