Iron Man 2 What changes would you make in the movie?

It's interesting reading your thoughts Figs and other peoples.

It's interesting reading your thoughts Figs and other peoples.

Just curious. Do you think some of us are talking out of our asses due to a bit of possible bias being fans of the comics? I admit I might not be reviewing or judging the film as a film in comparison to non comic movies but I really didn't have a problem with the pacing or inclusion of other characters.

I'm not trying to start something or get bitter at all. I'm really curious as to your thoughts. Maybe I just misread your post. :yay:

More and longer action/fight scenes featuring either Iron Man or War Machine (or both).

Do you think some of us are talking out of our asses due to a bit of possible bias being fans of the comics?
We earn that right after we spend money on the characters' merchandise. It's part of being a fan.

More action sequences if not increased time for the others. It felt like a punch wasn't thrown until the hour mark or something. Other than that the movie was a blast and the party scene that everybody *****ed about turned out to be my favorite.

"People always ask me how do I use the bathroom in this thing...:dry:...Just like that."

My main goal would be to do something with Act 2. I'm just not sure what at the moment.

Otherwise, two changes I'd do would be Iron Man on a peacekeeping mission following the opening credits instead of the Expo scene (which would come afterwards) and a longer final fight with Iron Man and War Machine against Whiplash. On that note, I'd also have Vanko paint his suit crimson red

The only thing that confused me was how flawless Rhodey moved in the Mark II suit. They maybe could have had him confused on how to control the suit and accidentally blowing up half of Stark's house. And also, what did he use to power the suit?

My questions may be answered via "deleted/extra scenes" in the DVD but until then, does anybody have any theories or reasons explaining this

Rhodey is a pilot, used to be an advisor of the Air weaponry development section of Stark Industries, graduated on MIT and is one of Tony's best friends. He's used to pilot advanced aircrafts, has a good notion of how the Repulsor Ray technology and advanced tech in general work; and it isn't a stretch to think Tony probably allowed him to take the suit for a few spins of his own. Besides, Mark II is very simple in terms of control (It only flies and fires Repulsor blasts). And, if you look closely, other than flying, which Rhodey is used to do, he only used the repulsors once. Also, he had some trouble with the suit: When he throwed that weight bar at Tony, he missed it because he couldn't aim right and stumbled a bit when he had to do a short-lenght flight (The "had enough?" scene). :yay:

Also, if you look closely, you can see that each of Tony's armor has its own power core. That's why Rhodey managed to use Mark II.

Last edited:
I agree with everyones complaints for the most part. My list is pretty identical to the Thread's creator. If AC/DC is going to do the soundtrack why would they not put "War Machine" in it? Not only is it the name of one of the characters, but that song won them a Grammy less than a year ago... It doesn't make sense.

Oh yeah, the last whiplash fight should have been waaay longer. It was way too short. I know I said I agreed with the Thread's creator's post and he mentioned that, but thats my biggest complaint, so I figured I'd mention it again.

No war machine & no "black widow." They were there to sell the Avengers movie and action figures that will now collect dust in the Toys R Us discount bin.

That final fight was fine, but should have thrown down with only Vanko/Whiplash and Stark/Iron Man. If Stark is supposed to be intelligent enough to handle things, it should have been a battle of intelligence rather than merely brute force.

-No S.H.I.E.L.D
-No Nick Fury
-No Black Widow
-Fights lasting alot longer
-No Captain America shield
-Vanko having more character development

-Whiplash having a cool original armored looking sleek suit with a cool color scheme,something that pops.

-Rhodey having more character development.
-Rhodey not stealing the suit.
-Rhodey not being so pissed about nothing.
-Have Jarvis create War Machine in attempt to save Iron Man from the villain.

-Rhodey not being so pissed about nothing.

Are you saying Stark controlling the greatest weapon on earth while intoxicated is "nothing" to be pissed about? If I would change ONE thing, it would be that one of Stark's repulsers killed one of those girls at the party so all of the fanboys on this site understand the scene and understand why it was so bad.

Are you saying Stark controlling the greatest weapon on earth while intoxicated is "nothing" to be pissed about? If I would change ONE thing, it would be that one of Stark's repulsers killed one of those girls at the party so all of the fanboys on this site understand the scene and understand why it was so bad.
lol Agreed. I borderline hated that scene and at this point I probably just plain hate it now.

Just curious. Do you think some of us are talking out of our asses due to a bit of possible bias being fans of the comics? I admit I might not be reviewing or judging the film as a film in comparison to non comic movies but I really didn't have a problem with the pacing or inclusion of other characters.

I'm not trying to start something or get bitter at all. I'm really curious as to your thoughts. Maybe I just misread your post. :yay:
All I can say is that I don't judge movies based on it being a comicbook movie. It has to be a good movie period. I'm sure some people are biased for and against but I'm not one of those people.

I'm not a fan of the Iron Man comics, I've never read an Iron Man comicbook. I just liked the first movie and I wanted a decent follow-up. If IM2 was at or near the same level as IM I would have been fine but to, IMHO, regress when the first movie was so hella flawed is unforgivable.

I'm not going to engage in hyperbole and call it the worst movie ever or call Favs the worst director ever or claim that I never liked any of the actors. I just didn't think that it was a good movie and that opinion doesn't make me happy because I was hoping to really dig the flick.

I know some just think that I hate everything and like to complain but thats just not true. I really liked Star Trek despite it's ridiculous plot holes and lack of logic and I liked Pirates 1 despite the same problems. I can deal with lots of dumb things and still come out liking a movie but the middle part of IM2 just makes me mad everytime I ponder it. It's aimless and largely boring and too silly.

I know some just think that I hate everything and like to complain but thats just not true. I really liked Star Trek despite it's ridiculous plot holes and lack of logic and I liked Pirates 1 despite the same problems. I can deal with lots of dumb things and still come out liking a movie but the middle part of IM2 just makes me mad everytime I ponder it. It's aimless and largely boring and too silly.

Not me. I just wanted to hear some more of your thoughts on the film since I knew you were really anticipating it. Sorry to hear you didn't like it though. :csad:

Not me. I just wanted to hear some more of your thoughts on the film since I knew you were really anticipating it. Sorry to hear you didn't like it though. :csad:
I was pretty sure that you didn't think that. I was addressing some of my haters that seem to come out of the woodwork everytime I don't like a movie and call me a troll but never seem to report to the mods that I'm trolling.

Anyway those are some of my thoughts. I mean, you and anyone else are free to ask more questions. I'll try my best to answer them.

I think take out War Machine. That's the only part that felt weak to me.

(another vote for nude ScarJo :) )

I have a lot of faith in these guys. I always agree with what they say in interviews about their movies and they seem like they know what they're doing. The only real problem is that there was too much going on. If you look at the first one, the plot was much more simple and it gave the characters more time to be fleshed out and breath. That's really all this movie needed.

this thread just turned me off of the film.

^
That doesn't even make any sense.

How does it not make any sense, people for some reason or another think Fury SHIELD and Black Widow don't belong in this film as though Marvel strong armed Favreau into adding them just to advertise the Avengers.

When in reality Black Widow made her debut in Iron Man, and Fury and SHIELD worked with Iron Man early in the comics.

They're as important to Iron Man mythos as JJJ, the Bugle and Brant are to Spider-Man.

How does it not make any sense, people for some reason or another think Fury SHIELD and Black Widow don't belong in this film as though Marvel strong armed Favreau into adding them just to advertise the Avengers.

When in reality Black Widow made her debut in Iron Man, and Fury and SHIELD worked with Iron Man early in the comics.

They're as important to Iron Man mythos as JJJ, the Bugle and Brant are to Spider-Man.

Some people still think that the SHIELD stuff messed with the flow of the film.

Although I really liked the film I still think that if it were about 15 minutes longer it would have made it a lot better. In those 15 minutes I would have put in some more Rourke and spend some more time(dramatic not humerous)involving his poisoning and him going on a bender even a bit after his party. Maybe show him doing some dangerous stuff after Rhodey leaves.

I think that might have rounded out the film a bit better.

I actually have very few complaints about the movie but being a comic book nerd, i'll give it a shot...

Its been six months since the last movie, Starks supposed to've been singlehandedly dealing with World Issues... It would've been very nice to have seen some of that.

When Hammer intoduced Rhodey in the armour, he really should called him War Machine.

Whiplash could have done a little bit more in his suit at the end.

Aaaaaaaannnd... Yeah, that's it.

Great movie.

When Hammer intoduced Rhodey in the armour, he really should called him War Machine.

There is a scene(I think it might be when they're fighting at his birthday party)where Stark refers to Rhodey as a "War Machine". Sort of similar to the first movie when Obediah says to Stark "that's what we do Tony, we're Iron Mongers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"